Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Better Wow Me, Right Out of the Gate

I preordered the game through Origin way back in December. At this point, I am seeing little to convince me I am going to find the game to be enjoyable. Outside of the trait system (which has been overhauled), I can't seem to find a single feature that was added to TheSims3 that still exists in TheSims4.

Thankfully, since I ordered from Origin and this is a base game, it qualifies for the Great Game Guarantee. Unfortunately for EA and the developers, that guarantee is only good for 24 hours after first launching the game. What that means is, I need to make a decision right away whether or not I am going to be keeping the game or getting my money back. If they release the game with promises to patch stuff in at a later date, that's not good enough. If they release the game and it's riddled with bugs that they promise to fix or assure me they are working hard to correct, that's not good enough either. It has to be flawless, right from the start. Why? Because all of their promises and assurances have no impact on the terms of the "Great Game Guarantee". Time runs out for me to make my decision 24 hours after I launch. I will likely be making my decision within the first 4-8 hours.

I am sure I am not the only one who is thinking exactly the same thing. My word of advice to the developers, get it right or be prepared to have substantially less money coming in that what your current pre-order numbers may indicate.

"UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".