Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Back after several month hiatus, feeling a bit overwhlemed, could use some assistance...

So I've had to deal with college the past months and haven't touched the Sims for a bit. But I want to revive my hobby and figured I'd come on the forums to see how everyone was and how TS4 was coming along since it comes out soon.

I know me asking for facts of the Sims 4 will probably yield a bunch of posters telling me to do my own research, so instead of that, I'll do this:

I lurked around here for a bit and read some threads (lots of petitions and complaints as usual) and so far, what I am under the impression of is that we no longer not only have CASt (which is what I knew before I took my hiatus) but now it is confirmed we also don't have swimming/pools, and toddlers?? Am I correct here? This is a bummer to me. I also heard no story progression or ownable cars.

It feels like we took steps back even before TS2.

That said, can some of my fellow posters tell me if you guys have any good info on what we are getting, aside from heightened emotions and sliders in Create A Sim? I feel pretty disappointed currently and am struggling to see the good in this game and I'm not sure if I missed any news of the cool new features.

Glad to see some familiar names around here. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited July 2014
    You pretty much summed up all the good features.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited July 2014
    Cars were not confirmed yet. But from what you saw you've heard correctly
  • Options
    mcmuffinburgermcmuffinburger Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited July 2014
    If you have a tumblr and even if you dont you dont need one to read but check out honeywellsims the information there is legit and very well updated and organized and theres always sims vip
    But i can understand its a bit overwhelming now with all this new and conflicting information and all rhe back lash at the moment
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    Welcome to the chaos, don't let people sway you one way or the other. People will put up links etc. Look through everything and find out for yourself if you want to buy. I my self am not buying, but you need to make the decision for yourself which way to go.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited July 2014
    We're getting a free CAS demo and within two weeks are getting 15 min of live gameplay.....sorry, I'm grabbing at straws here.

I'm one of the few on the fence. I hate that this game has been robbed of so many features, yet, because it's the next game in the franchise, I'm DYING to love it....because I've seen the good they CAN do in the sims, ya know? I still haven't ordered yet though...I need to see more.
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2014
    You'll find a lot of information here:
    http://simsvip.com/category/the-sims-4/
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the replies guys, it is all pretty shocking to me as I was hoping to have a bigger reveal and was thinking I had glossed over it.

Anyone have any info on the no toddlers thing? Were other ages confirmed yet, or are we reverting back to a Sims 1 model where sims have babies that turn into kids after 3 days? I hope aging and genetics are still a thing and that toddlers get put in at some point.

EDIT: Thanks for the link MissHoney.
  • Options
    AnabelleLeeAnabelleLee Posts: 182 Member
    edited July 2014
    That said, can some of my fellow posters tell me if you guys have any good info on what we are getting, aside from heightened emotions and sliders in Create A Sim?

From what I have read there will be a new neighborhood/worlds that any Sims in any of them can travel to the others, as they will all be connected through a load screen.

We have complete control over our Sims which I like very much.

I have heard that it this base game starts out with more objects to use than the base game of Sims 3 did.

The Sims will have different walks, which since most players do not zoom in on faces when they play that much, will make them more distinctive while playing with.

There has been talk about two new types of engines which I do not understand, but maybe someone else will post on that.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hey, Psych -- hope college is going well. I know how it feels to have Real Life cut into the Sim time; in the process of getting ready to move in about a month (just a couple of blocks, but still got a lot of junk I need to clear out).

Yes, no toddlers or pools in the base game at least; still unclear whether they'll come in a free patch or in an EP where we pay for the privilege of having them in the game. (Toddlers should definitely be in a patch IMO; I'd be willing to put pools in an EP if they give us something totally different than what we've had before.) Unknown is whether our Sims will be able to drive their own cars; right now it seems like there's no point because to go anywhere outside one's neighborhood you just walk to the edge of your lot and get teleported (loading screen, supposedly shorter than the Sims 2 screens) to the next neighborhood. And the tram/riverboat seen in the trailers are just decor -- no game use whatsoever.

The features that EA have focused on the most are the new CAS (being able to drag directly on the Sim rather than using sliders), Build Mode (supposedly makes building a lot easier/intuitive for non-builders), and the new "emotions" system which supposedly makes the Sims "smarter". Since we haven't seen any actual live game play, it's hard to say if this is really going to be the case.

Might want to Google "sims 4 news" just to read what's out there -- there's a lot of duplication especially with the news about no toddlers/pools, but you can get a general idea of what the community's talking about.

Again, welcome back.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    mcmuffinburgermcmuffinburger Posts: 1,547 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the replies guys, it is all pretty shocking to me as I was hoping to have a bigger reveal and was thinking I had glossed over it.

Anyone have any info on the no toddlers thing? Were other ages confirmed yet, or are we reverting back to a Sims 1 model where sims have babies that turn into kids after 3 days? I hope aging and genetics are still a thing and that toddlers get put in at some point.

No toddlers have been confirmed but all other life stages have been teens,young adults, adults and elders are all the same height and babys now have arms and legs the gentics are still and thing and i believe they have been improved
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hey, Psych -- hope college is going well. I know how it feels to have Real Life cut into the Sim time; in the process of getting ready to move in about a month (just a couple of blocks, but still got a lot of junk I need to clear out).

Yes, no toddlers or pools in the base game at least; still unclear whether they'll come in a free patch or in an EP where we pay for the privilege of having them in the game. (Toddlers should definitely be in a patch IMO; I'd be willing to put pools in an EP if they give us something totally different than what we've had before.) Unknown is whether our Sims will be able to drive their own cars; right now it seems like there's no point because to go anywhere outside one's neighborhood you just walk to the edge of your lot and get teleported (loading screen, supposedly shorter than the Sims 2 screens) to the next neighborhood. And the tram/riverboat seen in the trailers are just decor -- no game use whatsoever.

The features that EA have focused on the most are the new CAS (being able to drag directly on the Sim rather than using sliders), Build Mode (supposedly makes building a lot easier/intuitive for non-builders), and the new "emotions" system which supposedly makes the Sims "smarter". Since we haven't seen any actual live game play, it's hard to say if this is really going to be the case.

Might want to Google "sims 4 news" just to read what's out there -- there's a lot of duplication especially with the news about no toddlers/pools, but you can get a general idea of what the community's talking about.

Again, welcome back.

Thanks, I just graduated in May so right now is all about my job hunt. I hope you're theory about a free patch comes to fruition as I'd hate to pay for something that was in the game easily even in 2004. It kind of sucks they are pulling away the big/main features from previous gens. It's making it difficult for me to want this game. I wish they'd just postponed release to next year.

By the way, is that Capt Jack Harkness in your sig? I do love me some Who.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks, I just graduated in May so right now is all about my job hunt. I hope you're theory about a free patch comes to fruition as I'd hate to pay for something that was in the game easily even in 2004. It kind of sucks they are pulling away the big/main features from previous gens. It's making it difficult for me to want this game. I wish they'd just postponed release to next year.

Yes, that is definitely the sexiest 51st century omnisexual in the universe. 8) Fell in love with him the first moment I saw him in "The Empty Child" (that and the second part "The Doctor Dances" might have been Nine's greatest moment -- "Everybody lives, Rose! Just this once, everybody lives!") Gives me hope for the future that maybe by the 51st century we'll have gotten over a lot of our hangups. :roll:

Haven't gotten much into Torchwood yet; it seems a lot darker so I have to be in a particular mood for it.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Yes, that is definitely the sexiest 51st century omnisexual in the universe. 8) Fell in love with him the first moment I saw him in "The Empty Child" (that and the second part "The Doctor Dances" might have been Nine's greatest moment -- "Everybody lives, Rose! Just this once, everybody lives!") Gives me hope for the future that maybe by the 51st century we'll have gotten over a lot of our hangups. :roll:

Haven't gotten much into Torchwood yet; it seems a lot darker so I have to be in a particular mood for it.

Ohh I do like him, but my heart belongs to the one and only Doc10/David Tennant :XD:
  • Options
    AZcokeacolaAZcokeacola Posts: 589 Member
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    edited July 2014

This is awesome AZ, thanks!