Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A plea to those who ARE buying it....

Comments

• Options
    velocitygrassvelocitygrass Posts: 103 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    ...given the situation and how little we actually know about the ACTUAL game.

If someone is only interested in customizing sims, they might have seen enough of CAS to see it's worth it for them. Or maybe they can see from the confirmed content (we have at least two careers, several skills, ability to have children, ability to romance, museum/gym/parks to visit, houses to build, sims to create) that they will play at least x hours, and if they compare it to how much it costs to see a movie in the theater, then maybe as little as 12 hours gameplay would justify the cost for them.

You might not agree with how they value time or which part of the game they want to use and which not, but it would be a perfectly rational decision based on what we do know (little as it is).
  • Options
    vampiricdreams31vampiricdreams31 Posts: 219 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't care what people think of me. And I certainly don't care if people want to call me a sheep. I pre-ordered the game because what I'm seeing is what I'm looking forward too. There's minor disappointments with the game, but so many major new features that I'm looking forward too. Their finally making this game about playing with our Sims and their lives rather than a designing game. It's always been about game-play, creating stories with my Sims, and spending hours upon hours playing a life simulation- not a design simulation.

The reason toddlers wasn't important to me is because toddlers was the most annoying life-sucking stage in TS3. When I made families I always made children as "child" sims. And I never used pools- they were more or so only a decorative accent for the lots. But again, I do feel for the people who are upset about toddlers/pools but realistically speaking- of all the game play features and game play experience are you really going to say pools is you're selling point? I think if they confined us to just 1 lot and we wasn't able to travel to other lots/neighborhoods/worlds and was only confined to our one active lot the entire time would be a selling deal breaker for me. Or if you had to have a constant internet connection because I don't allow my kids to play games that were designed to play online. That would be a deal breaker for me.

So call me a sheep if you want. I've been doing my research, read the interviews, etc. and everything I've seen, heard, and read about the game has me excited for it. I'm not going to jump on a bandwagon just because people are crying over there being no toddlers and pools in the BASE game. Once I get my hands on the game I'm done with this forum- was never on it during The Sims 3 since I played the game for about 2 months and haven't played it since. I came here just to keep updated about TS4- not to be called horrible names just because I'm buying the game and support those who are like me and are looking forward to what TS4 has to offer.

I don't know 100% I'm going to love it, like it, dislike it, or hate it. I'm going to try it because reviews are always backwards. One person may hate a game but another person may love the same game. It's all about the experience you have with the game. You love The Sims 3 but I absolutely detest the poorly designed and routed game full of bugs and glitches that never got fixed. Plus, I'm not a hardcore gamer- I'm a casual gamer and the Sims was never created as a hardcore game. I love old school Super Mario and Zelda, but my kids hate it because their spoiled with today's technology and graphics. I loved those games just because their actually fun to play and I can play them for hours upon hours. And my favorite Final Fantasy game was Final Fantasy VII even though the graphics are horrible for today's graphics. It's about having a fun experience.

So yeah, again...call me a sheep. I really don't give a crap. People call me a freak because I'm Wiccan- if I cared about what people said and did what made others happy I would have killed myself because I wasn't living my life and doing what makes me happy.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited July 2014
    People buying the game right away don't care about or have convinced themselves it's ok that EA cut all the features, don't see a problem with EA nickle and diming its consumer base more and more and more, and in the end just don't see a problem with the game/don't feel it needs to be fixed and want it to do well so it sticks around long enough for them to pay for expansion packs offering base game content. I honestly hope there are enough people not buying that their sales are much lower than what they expected, but asking the excited people not to buy right away isn't going work. They are buying because they seriously want the game.

If people pick it up like hot cakes then that's what the majority wants.... And I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all to see a sims 5 with just adult sims in the base game with no aging and then the rest of the life stages sold separately though their own individual expansions.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited July 2014
    I pre-ordered my game a long time ago because I was excited about the new cas. I also new I had the option of canceling that pre-order which I have concidered over the last couple weeks.

The point is I still want to check it out for myself even with the lack of pools and toddlers. Maybe I will love it maybe I won't but it's my decision to make. :D
  • Options
    shesclassyshesclassy Posts: 477 Member
    edited July 2014
    Unfortunately, video game boycotts don't work. But complaining does.
    Complaining by simply not buying video games has worked in the past. It was one of the causes of the epic collapse of the industry in 1983.

I don't give a hoot who's buying it and who's not, just kindly take complaints- should you have any- to the inevitable TS4 boards instead.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited July 2014
    2011simone wrote:
    All these people being rude and belittling people to try to get them not to buy the game just makes me want to buy it even more :roll: :D

Same. Along with all these threads asking people not to buy it. Stubborn streaks for the win.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    You really shouldn't try to back track. You said....
    if you preorder this game...you are nothing more than a sheep/lemming/fanboy/fangirl/whatever.
    What? I am not back tracking, I still believe that. All I said in that same post was that the definition was correct AND I still believe it is correct. That is the VERY definition of those words: to follow and obey without question! Here they know VERY little about the game and yet are committed to buying it.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited July 2014
    Noticing a particular difference in the tone of the OP's opening message this time. Strangely the people you thought were sheep are clearly not, they're capable of making up their own minds about this game.

If this game has no worth without the things you want in it, and the majority of people agree with you, then the game would fail in it's own right without you having to request that people delay from making a purchase. In the same way, if the game deserves to succeed it will, based on the true and accurate number of people wishing to play it as a result of not intentionally manipulating the figures.

If, on the other hand, people were to actually listen to and obey your request, this would be manipulating figures intentionally to bring the game down. This wouldn't prove the game's value at all. It would simply prove that certain people are determined to bring something down, regardless of its true worth.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    People have to buy it to review...
    Okay you buy and review it. I'll wait for your posting because I know I won't get a refund just because the game doesn't suit my expectations. :P
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah I'm a little disappointed about toddlers and pools not being in the game. I'm sure its something that could have been put in with more time and money. I personally don't enjoy playing with toddlers and pools that much though. So yeah, sorry, but that isn't enough to not make me buy the game. I'm sure they will add them in later. Who knows, since it caused such an uproar, maybe they'll add them in a free update or something.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Okay you buy and review it. I'll wait for your posting because I know I won't get a refund just because the game doesn't suit my expectations. :P

Lol~ But will you subscribe? :lol: :P :hugz:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/returns-and-cancellations/
    Arletta wrote:
    2011simone wrote:
    All these people being rude and belittling people to try to get them not to buy the game just makes me want to buy it even more :roll: :D

Same. Along with all these threads asking people not to buy it. Stubborn streaks for the win.

Win! :lol:

I thought I was over it but it still flares up now and again. :XD:
  • Options
    Timitu9Timitu9 Posts: 96 Member
    edited July 2014
    If you like any brand of pop, clothing, fast food place, TV/movie/music companies, theme parks, cars, etc. You are a sheep. (How many of you have a favourite singer out there right now and get all their music. Sometimes blindly. Because that singer or band can do no wrong. You just love their style of music.) Anyone on these forums NOT like anything at all? You would be a boring person to have no opinions on anything I mentioned before. But to each their own I guess. But if you do like anything most likely you are a sheep to your master... whatever company is putting out that stuff. EA is actually no different then all the big companies that run all the things mentioned above. They are giving you a product to make money for them.(I know I am a sheep to the pizza place down the street. It is awesome.) So now that we can see we are all sheep... lets all move on from the name calling because it can be turned around back at you just as easily.

If you are buying, that is fantastic. Stand out from the crowd and do what you want. Do not let anyone (especially people on an internet forum) tell you what to do with your money and your time. It is your life. You get one. Enjoy it how you want to. No one should be made to feel bad because they want to buy something they think they might enjoy.
    Same on the other side though. If you do not wish to buy it... DON'T. If that is really how you feel do not be a sheep and get talked into not buying or buying. YOU make that decision because none of these people on the forum have to live with your decision, only you do. And if you are happy with it just be happy with it. Don't try to talk others into seeing things your way. Let them make up their own mind.
    CanadaDaySig.png
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,553 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am sorry but no my game is preordered and fully paid
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    Timitu9 wrote:
    If you like any brand of pop, clothing, fast food place, TV/movie/music companies, theme parks, cars, etc. You are a sheep. (How many of you have a favourite singer out there right now and get all their music. Sometimes blindly. Because that singer or band can do no wrong. You just love their style of music.) Anyone on these forums NOT like anything at all? You would be a boring person to have no opinions on anything I mentioned before. But to each their own I guess. But if you do like anything most likely you are a sheep to your master... whatever company is putting out that stuff. EA is actually no different then all the big companies that run all the things mentioned above. They are giving you a product to make money for them.(I know I am a sheep to the pizza place down the street. It is awesome.) So now that we can see we are all sheep... lets all move on from the name calling because it can be turned around back at you just as easily.

If you are buying, that is fantastic. Stand out from the crowd and do what you want. Do not let anyone (especially people on an internet forum) tell you what to do with your money and your time. It is your life. You get one. Enjoy it how you want to. No one should be made to feel bad because they want to buy something they think they might enjoy.
    Same on the other side though. If you do not wish to buy it... DON'T. If that is really how you feel do not be a sheep and get talked into not buying or buying. YOU make that decision because none of these people on the forum have to live with your decision, only you do. And if you are happy with it just be happy with it. Don't try to talk others into seeing things your way. Let them make up their own mind.

Hi :D

Awesome! :thumbup:
  • Options
    Pandora189Pandora189 Posts: 2,394 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    I mean being called a sheep and other nasty names and then expected to do them a favour by postponing buying the game I'm looking forward to?
    I am sorry but based on what we do know if you preorder this game, buy it without a single review, or (as of now) even gameplay screenshot you are nothing more than a sheep/lemming/fanboy/fangirl/whatever. Its clear it is a rushed game, and in no way should EA get away with this crime. THEY HAVEN'T EVEN SHOWN THE ACTUAL GAMEPLAY YET...

That said, waiting a week is not necessary. Just waiting for a review/screenshot seems much more fair of a request to all these sheep/lemming/fanboy/fangirl/whatever peeps that just "must" have it on day 1.

Nothing more? NOTHING MORE? You don't think we have families or lives outside of purchasing video games? Your comment is so ridiculous, close-minded and stupid I almost cried. None of us said we must... The game looks fun, okay? It's a source of entertainment, not a political movement. We can buy it if we want; plenty of people buy it only going by the words on the back of the boxes. Stop generalizing us as impulsive idiots, please. Sorry I snapped, but...

You don't know much about lemmings, clearly, and sheep are awesome... More productive to society than any sims game. Lemmings follow the crowd in this sense, not their masters, but the whole thing is based on lies. Terrible, terrible lies. It's Disney's fault you know... Nobody go see their next movie opening week.
  • Options
    katrinakrakishkatrinakrakish Posts: 355 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sorry. I am not going to stop and consider the people who are calling me a sheep. ^^

I don't care that toddlers and pools are excluded. Toddlers are annoying to take care of and pools were a little disappointing but I can deal.

Plus I haven't regretted buying a Sims game yet. I'm sure I won't regret buying this one. I'm super excited to move my characters to the next game. ^^

I actually would have been more angry if they took out the YA stage. that's my favorite age.

EDIT: And that's just my opinion. I know it matters to a lot of people that toddlers are excluded and I understand why. I am just not a toddler fan.
    Origin account: Vegeta_tales
  • Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited July 2014
    OP, don't you have enough of the 'not buying it' gang? Leave those of us who are planning on getting it (or have preordered it) on day one alone. All of this "wait to get it, cancel this, don't let EA do that" garble is getting annoying. We're all going to do what we want anyway at the end of the day. I will be keeping my preorder and buying the prima guide as well. I play the sims for me, not anyone else.
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    I may not buy the game til Sims 5 comes out or I may pass it up altogether, it depends upon what the game and eps offer. But I think that each person should be allowed to do what he/she wants to do without someone begging them to do differently. I'm sure there are plenty of us not buying that EA will notice as pre order sales are way down in comparison to Sims 2 and 3. Just my opinion. :)
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited July 2014
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Rflong7 wrote:

Lol~ But will you subscribe? :lol: :P :hugz:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/returns-and-cancellations/
    :lol: *hugs*
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Pandora189 wrote:
    Nothing more? NOTHING MORE? You don't think we have families or lives outside of purchasing video games? Your comment is so ridiculous, close-minded and stupid I almost cried. None of us said we must... The game looks fun, okay? It's a source of entertainment, not a political movement. We can buy it if we want; plenty of people buy it only going by the words on the back of the boxes. Stop generalizing us as impulsive idiots, please sorry I snapped, but...
    Wow! Way to take that out of context. I was referring specifically with regards to the purchase of Sims 4. And nothing more.

My god people. You really are overreacting here. I'm considered an "Apple Fanboy". Do I care? No. Does it impact my buying decision with Apple products? Well sure. But that's all it impacts.

Seriously... calm down.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited July 2014
    ^^^If anyone is a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ, it's you. Your avatar is a toddler which several people were TOLD to post in "protest" of there not being toddlers in the game. Hmmm looks like you followed that order didn't you?

I've been playing this game for 14 years and I don't plan on stopping just because people as such as yourself want to put labels on others. Your avatar says it all. Pot, meet kettle. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Pandora189Pandora189 Posts: 2,394 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    Pandora189 wrote:
    Nothing more? NOTHING MORE? You don't think we have families or lives outside of purchasing video games? Your comment is so ridiculous, close-minded and stupid I almost cried. None of us said we must... The game looks fun, okay? It's a source of entertainment, not a political movement. We can buy it if we want; plenty of people buy it only going by the words on the back of the boxes. Stop generalizing us as impulsive idiots, please sorry I snapped, but...
    Wow! Way to take that out of context. I was referring specifically with regards to the purchase of Sims 4. And nothing more.

My god people. You really are overreacting here. I'm considered an "Apple Fanboy". Do I care? No. Does it impact my buying decision with Apple products? Well sure. But that's all it impacts.

Seriously... calm down.

I want to buy the game, not be looked down upon for not waiting. Like I said, IT'S JUST A GAME. You don't need to call us names. (Lemmings are plain inacurate, and I thought fanboys/girls obsessed over it. I just want a game, not a way of life.)
  • Options
    LegoNinja5LegoNinja5 Posts: 69 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow, this forum. :roll:

Everyone needs to chill out! It's a game, nothing to argue over. And what's with all the name-calling, are we all six years old, haha? :lol:

I'm buying the game ASAP, but dude, I'm not a sheep. I'm not turning a blind eye to missing features and following EA around like a little lost puppy. That being said, I don't think it's totally "unacceptable!" not to have pools and toddlers in the base game. I know why I'm buying the game, pre-ordering isn't just an "ooh, shiny new game!" reflex. I'm not a hardcore Simmer by any means, so I don't really need/want more than TS4 is offering.

I like the new CAS. No, I love the new CAS. Is that so wrong? I like building Sims. I like spending hours making characters. And then I like to tell a story with them in the game. The new emotions will come in handy for telling a more complex story (I honestly don't get why people are always ragging on emotions...). In said stories, my characters need houses. I also like building houses. I think the new Build-And-Buy will be totally awesome for that. Some of my stories have toddlers in them, for now I'll just use babies instead. Never really used pools so I'm good with that for now. Boom, poof - easy run-arounds for what I personally will be doing in the game. I know what I'm doing and I know what I'm buying.

Am I basically buying it for CAS? Yeah, sure, I kinda am. Is that really so terrible? :|

All that being said, and though I won't be doing any pre-order canceling, I feel bad for the OP. She started this thread very nicely and it's turned into yet another deathmatch. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ^^^If anyone is a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ, it's you. Your avatar is a toddler which several people were TOLD to post in "protest" of there not being toddlers in the game. Hmmm looks like you followed that order didn't you?
    I have had this avatar for SEVERAL months. I didn't even know about that request. So no, that didn't happen.
    Pandora189 wrote:
    You don't need to call us names.
    I'm certainly am sorry if I am hurting any feelings, but I see nothing wrong using these words. People call me an Apply Fanboy, I don't care. At times, I have also been a Nintendo Fanboy. I was a lemming for buying SimCity despite knowing its issues. I don't know why people are getting so hung up on it over here.

These terms are not meant as way to look down on people, but rather just to group/classify them.

• Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014

I've been playing this game for 14 years and I don't plan on stopping just because people as such as yourself want to put labels on others. Your avatar says it all. Pot, meet kettle. :mrgreen:

You have some strange ideas about what "ordered" means. The only thing the OP of that post was TELLING us was that she had changed her own avatar. Some people agreed with her, some didn't.

You're entitled to your own opinion about the game but making up conspiracies is neither here nor there.