Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would TS4 look if they didn't cater to low end pc?

I just want an example of what we could get. I always wondered how good the Sims can look since Sims 2. So I wonder how could/should TS4 look by now with it being 2014?

I would like to see photos as examples if you guys don't mind. :oops:

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.

Comments

• Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited July 2014
    Though I'm sure some people will post images of photo-realistic games, we can pretty much guarantee that it would still be very stylised, as Sims games have always been highly stylised.

ETA: Maybe it would have/could have looked something like the new SimCity game? Thats still very stylised and "Sims-like", but it's not a low-end look either. The newest SimCity game has a really nice art style, it's about the one and only area that no one has been able to fault it on :P

ETA2: A few pictures of the new SimCity:
    simcity1.jpg"width=640height=480
    simcity2.jpg"width=640height=480
    simcity3.jpg"width=640height=480
    simcity4.jpg"width=640height=480
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't really think anyone but the developers truly know what the engine is capable of, however some people have speculated that a Sims game could like something like the new GTA 5 PC graphics. :)

I agree with it starts with the game engine, everything in theory is dependent upon this

But if I had to guess more texture. And much much better hair :)

But graphics aren't just what we see but also how well/fast images are rendered. If the concern is your gaming card is going to be wasted I would argue it may find the work easy but it will still be work. I like my computer to not be overtaxed and arguably any lower end system will feel the grind of gaming

It's already been confirmed what most of us suspected sims 4 will increase in computer demand with each additional EP and DLC - even if in the end the base alone can run on lower end computers in time this will be arguably be problematic
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you guys! I was just curious.

GTA has really nice graphics. I would love to see that one day.

GTA_5_PC_57721.jpg

And Sims City has a nice look as well.

(I'm guessing this is the new Sims City?)

SimCity-5.png

sim-city-2013-game.png
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Jameskewl8Jameskewl8 Posts: 66 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Goodywood wrote:
    I just want an example of what we could get. I always wondered how good the Sims can look since Sims 2. So I wonder how could/should TS4 look by now with it being 2014?

roblox-start.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I agree it should still have the Sims feel to it.

Do you think GTA has that feel Callum?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I have to say, I really like GTA's graphics, but I don't think they're right for The Sims.

The bottom two images are of SimCity, but I believe they are from one of the trailers and are "touched up" a little. The images I posted before are a more accurate example of how it looks in-game.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ceejay402 wrote:
    I don't really think anyone but the developers truly know what the engine is capable of, however some people have speculated that a Sims game could like something like the new GTA 5 PC graphics. :)

I agree with it starts with the game engine, everything in theory is dependent upon this

But if I had to guess more texture. And much much better hair :)

But graphics aren't just what we see but also how well/fast images are rendered. If the concern is your gaming card is going to be wasted I would argue it may find the work easy but it will still be work. I like my computer to not be overtaxed and arguably any lower end system will feel the grind of gaming

It's already been confirmed what most of us suspected sims 4 will increase in computer demand with each additional EP and DLC - even if in the end the base alone can run on lower end computers in time this will be arguably be problematic

Hmm... Interesting. Thank you.
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't actually mind the look of the thing, apart from thinking it needs a lot more texture (the furniture looks particularly ugly to me - worse than all previous Sims games IMO). So I guess just more detail. I agree with Callum that TS series has always been very stylized.

I would imagine that a lot of the difference that being aimed at higher end systems would bring would be in the game mechanics, at least that's where I'd like to see it - things like open worlds, greater customization, enhanced story progression, etc.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014
    Jameskewl8 wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:

roblox-start.jpg
    LOL :lol:
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited July 2014
    Goodywood wrote:
    GTA has really nice graphics. I would love to see that one day.

GTA_5_PC_57721.jpg

I would be over the moon if my Sims game looked like that. I would be SO excited. I am not excited for the current graphics, which look like someone's thought experiment of "I wonder what it would look like if Thomas Kinkade were alive and worked for Pixar." :?

I mean, those windows in Sims 4. Just, WHAT.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    I have to say, I really like GTA's graphics, but I don't think they're right for The Sims.

The bottom two images are of SimCity, but I believe they are from one of the trailers and are "touched up" a little. The images I posted before are a more accurate example of how it looks in-game.

Oh I see. And I also just watch a little gameplay video. It does look nice.
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited July 2014
    Jameskewl8 wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:

roblox-start.jpg

Of course, it would turn into that dredged mmoropg.. :shock:

To me GTA has a realistic cell shaded look but that might be just me. The sims on the other hand takes advantage to the cartoonish look by adding cartoonish consequences. But if you were to really dodge me with the question it is by no doubt going to look like Simcity. The style is rather realistic but still keeps the sims look in balance that it won't enter uncanny territory.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    JULES1111 wrote:
    Jameskewl8 wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:

roblox-start.jpg
    LOL :lol:

lol didn't see this
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited July 2014
    I prefer SimCity's look over GTA's. I wouldn't want the style to be too realistic. It should still, as already mentioned, feel like The Sims. Wouldn't it be weird torturing a very human-like sim?

I kind of like TS4's look though to be honest.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited July 2014
    Goodywood wrote:

I wonder.

I doubt EA would ever make it look like GTA V. They would probably look more like the renders.
    Sharper textures, a little more detailed meshes, and more naturalistic animations. Basically like the renders instead of what we have seen in game.

640simrender.jpg

I would much rather play the game above than the one below. If only high end machines could, instead of being denied the potential. :P
    Bella.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    I don't actually mind the look of the thing, apart from thinking it needs a lot more texture (the furniture looks particularly ugly to me - worse than all previous Sims games IMO). So I guess just more detail. I agree with Callum that TS series has always been very stylized.

I agree

I prefer SimCity's look over GTA's. I wouldn't want the style to be too realistic. It should still, as already mentioned, feel like The Sims. Wouldn't it be weird torturing a very human-like sim?

I agree with this too.
  • Options
    Jameskewl8Jameskewl8 Posts: 66 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I kind of like TS4's look though to be honest.

Yeah, when I saw the first pictures of The Sims 4 I didn't really like the cartoony style, but after some time I've come to like them.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    CK213 wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:

I wonder.

I doubt EA would ever make it look like GTA V. They would probably look more like the renders.
    Sharper textures, a little more detailed meshes, and more naturalistic animations. Basically like the renders instead of what we have seen in game.

640simrender.jpg

I would much rather play the game above than the one below. If only high end machines could, instead of being denied the potential. :P
    Bella.jpg

I always wanted the Sims game to look like the actual renders. The renders are so crisp and clear.
  • Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    edited July 2014
    CK213 wrote:

I wonder.

640simrender.jpg

Bella.jpg

Perhaps the graphics will look more like the renders, depending on your computer specs. I could be wishfully thinking though.

I know that in The Sims 3, sims looked different once you took them out of CAS and into the actual world. I was hoping they would fix that in the sims 4.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Goodywood wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

SimCity, for me, is a perfect example of how a current-gen Will Wright/Maxis game should look. I like the way that, as COOLGAME8013 said, it's actually quite realistic, especially up close, but it still very much has that Sims look to it. The tilt-shift effect is a really nice touch, but I don't think that would suit The Sims as well as it suits SimCity.

I think GTA V has amazing graphics for a realistic game. In fact, coincidentally, I was just thinking about it about an hour ago, considering pre-ordering it closer to release. But I don't personally think it suits the sort of quirky, humourous and often slightly silly gameplay that The Sims has.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    Goodywood wrote:

I don't know but I'll tell you this, I use to play Pirates of the Caribbean and loved it. I played for quite awhile, then one day I upgraded, I am not sure if it was my ram or graphics and when I did, all of a sudden I saw more things that I never could see before. I was like wow.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I remember this render when Sims 3 was announced.

thesims3-couch.jpg

I would love this.
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited July 2014
    I really liked the way TSM looked - gorgeously painterly and imaginative but still very detailed.

medieval-12.jpg"width=640"

424591-6.jpg

B0057VO40E.06.lg.jpg"width=640"

The-Sims-Medieval-the-sims-medieval-18492110-882-496.jpg"width=640"

the-sims-medieval.jpg"width=640"

Sharpen it up a bit because we're three years on, and I think something like this would be perfect.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

SimCity, for me, is a perfect example of how a current-gen Will Wright/Maxis game should look. I like the way that, as COOLGAME8013 said, it's actually quite realistic, especially up close, but it still very much has that Sims look to it. The tilt-shift effect is a really nice touch, but I don't think that would suit The Sims as well as it suits SimCity.

I think GTA V has amazing graphics for a realistic game. In fact, coincidentally, I was just thinking about it about an hour ago, considering pre-ordering it closer to release. But I don't personally think it suits the sort of quirky, humourous and often slightly silly gameplay that The Sims has.

And besides the graphics it'd be nice if the world was that busy and full of life. But I guess that would be too much? :?