Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to live above stores?

Why I ask is because I just found a picture I hadn't seen before on simsvip. It looks like stores with apartments above. I know they said no apartments but maybe they call them something else. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

Comments

• Options
    phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    edited June 2014
    No stores and no apartments in the base game, I'm afraid.

I thought we'd still have some stores, they would just be rabbitholes.
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited June 2014
    I guess they are just odd looking houses.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited June 2014

I think they're like rabbitholes, except your sim can't go in them. Kind of like the tram and the steamboat.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited June 2014
    suzanna13,

They specifically said no apartments, so it wouldn't make sense to expect there to be ones above stores either. Plus it would probably require the simulation to treat it as an extra lot.
  • Options
    phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    edited June 2014
    Halle_M wrote:

I think they're like rabbitholes, except your sim can't go in them. Kind of like the tram and the steamboat.

Bum-mer. When did that happen?
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited June 2014
    So some of the few lots we have will just be decorations? I missed hearing that. I was just hoping they didn't consider a flat as an apartment. They did have the left hand thing wrong.
  • Options
    KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    edited July 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    suzanna13,

They specifically said no apartments, so it wouldn't make sense to expect there to be ones above stores either. Plus it would probably require the simulation to treat it as an extra lot.

Not really, It was confirmed a while ago on SimsVIP from a Guru that we can move into apartments, but can't build them (from a tweet). Unless I missed something, or "things changed" and they took that out too. But, from what I read apartments were in the base.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited July 2014
    They specifically said no CLOTHING Stores in TS4, they never mentioned anything about other types.
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Did they confirm that there won't be any shopping *at all*? I'm assuming there will still be a grocery store at the very least, but since the lots are classified as either residential or community, you wouldn't b able to live above one.

I do plan on making my artist sim live above a faux art studio though. Maybe they can throw some kind of art viewing/cocktail parties.

And they've stated apartments won't be available in the base game, it would involve *a lot* of programming. You can probably build something like an apartment and play a roommate household, but I think that's as close as we'll get for now.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited July 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    Did they confirm that there won't be any shopping *at all*? I'm assuming there will still be a grocery store at the very least, but since the lots are classified as either residential or community, you wouldn't b able to live above one.

I do plan on making my artist sim live above a faux art studio though. Maybe they can throw some kind of art viewing/cocktail parties.

And they've stated apartments won't be available in the base game, it would involve *a lot* of programming. You can probably build something like an apartment and play a roommate household, but I think that's as close as we'll get for now.

I'm going to build a faux coffee shop with "apartments" upstairs.

If there are apartments in the game, I hope we can edit them... but I heard just one household per lot??? I don't think there's real apartments at all.

I hope there'll be shopping in the game and we can go inside the shops, build our own, etc.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited July 2014
    KLAlexis wrote:
    It was confirmed a while ago on SimsVIP from a Guru that we can move into apartments, but can't build them (from a tweet).

It was?

I think I missed this, I thought they'd said there would be no apartments?
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited July 2014
    I never saw a tweet that confirmed you can live in them. There was a statement in an email almost a year ago which said this:

"Create the mansion of your dreams or make your Sims tough it out in a shabby apartment? You can do all this and so much more in The Sims 4! "

As we all know, things were said that have since been taken back and some things were mistranslations.

On Twitter, SimGuruSarah was asked:
    "Can we build apartments?"

To which Sarah replied:
    "Right now you can just build houses and community lots, like in The Sims 3 base game."

I guess you could say she didn't exactly come right out and say, 'No, you can't live in apartments', but that wasn't the question asked of her.

I find it highly unlikely there will be apartments in the game. Unless someone has a different tweet in mind that I missed? I have never seen one where they say you can move into one.

• Options
    KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    edited July 2014
    I never saw a tweet that confirmed you can live in them. There was a statement in an email almost a year ago which said this:

"Create the mansion of your dreams or make your Sims tough it out in a shabby apartment? You can do all this and so much more in The Sims 4! "

That's the one I read, so it wasn't a tweet then. I didn't realize it was a year ago though :shock:. thank you for finding it. I thought that meant we could, but things can change. UGh, to be honest, it'd be really nice if they didn't release info they weren't 100% sure on it being in the game; this is sad to me -_-.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"