Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A message for both sides...

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    Oneice27Oneice27 Posts: 314 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sc3niX wrote:
    Us negative people don't want to spend $60+ on a half -🐸🐸🐸🐸 e d- game that has a number of things excluded that should be in the game like pools, toddlers.

CASt i could live with but a whole life stage?

They lied to us. They said we would get ALL life stages as in Sims 2 and 3.

You guys might be fine with buying anything with the name sims is in but us logical thinkers aren't.

We ask a simple question, how is excluding toddlers, pools, CASt in any way good for the game? And what about their half -🐸🐸🐸🐸 e d- open world? (Open world means NO LOADING SCREENS). If you all who are buying the game can give me a logical explanation about it then yes ill believe you're not a simple fanboy/girl just grabbing the game cause of the word "sims" in the title.

Well that's simple, don't. That's your option.

I'll say this, it is not good for YOUR game play, which I apologize that it won't meet your needs, and no, you shouldn't have to buy something you are not going to be happy with. However it is good for MY game play. So therefore, yes, I shall buy it. The features that are excluded are not important for my own enjoyment. I am not a fan of the toddlers so it's not going to really effect me in anyway. I hardly use pools so again, not going to effect me any. I use pretty natural colors so the lack of a color wheel isn't going to bother me any. And I like how the CAS looks, I am very picky with my sims looks so I think it's a plus. That is my reasoning, I can't vouch for others.

Am I getting it because it has sims in the title? No, I only own sims 3 and the expansion packs and a sims 2 and maybe 1 expansion pack that I hardly play anymore.

I've watched many videos and read many forums and talked with my friends, so yes, I have made a conscious and logical decision to why I would want it. Just like I can understand why you don't.
    Keep calm and sim on friend-os!

**Icon image is of my character, drawn for my by fellow artist ^^ I always play out him and his gal's story in the sims, going to be exciting to bring it to the sims 4!**
  • Options
    DarkPhoenixFireDarkPhoenixFire Posts: 107 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Annnd it's nearly 5 in the morning. I don't think I'll be getting to bed just yet, but I think I ought to leave the Sims forums. As my temper is seriously starting to boil from some of the rudeness I've seen through the threads.

Goodnight/morning everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Annnd it's nearly 5 in the morning. I don't think I'll be getting to bed just yet, but I think I ought to leave the Sims forums. As my temper is seriously starting to boil from some of the rudeness I've seen through the threads.

Goodnight/morning everyone.

G'night and take care! Don't let it get to ya, eventually it'll all blow over *hopefully*

Think I'll be right behind ya XD I'm getting exhausted

**Icon image is of my character, drawn for my by fellow artist ^^ I always play out him and his gal's story in the sims, going to be exciting to bring it to the sims 4!**
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sc3niX wrote:
    Us negative people don't want to spend $60+ on a half -🐸🐸🐸🐸 e d- game that has a number of things excluded that should be in the game like pools, toddlers.

You guys might be fine with buying anything with the name sims is in but us logical thinkers aren't.

We ask a simple question, how is excluding toddlers, pools, CASt in any way good for the game? And what about their half -🐸🐸🐸🐸 e d- open world? (Open world means NO LOADING SCREENS). If you all who are buying the game can give me a logical explanation about it then yes ill believe you're not a simple fanboy/girl just grabbing the game cause of the word "sims" in the title.

That was rather rude. There is really no reason to insult those who have a differing view than you. I'm not about to get TS4, too many cons not enough pros FOR ME!. There are a multitude of play styles for the Sims.

The features EA have cut, it s restricts certain play styles, such as my own, yes. But not every playstyle. There are some people, who are just blindly buying them game, but not that many. I believe most people who are still getting TS4, have weight the pros and cons against their own playstyle and have found their playstyle barely affected, or perhaps even improved. Then there are those who are prepared for disappointment but are still willing to risk it, to gamble and get TS4, because, hey who knows, it may be awesome, may not.

There is no reason to insult people for deciding that the pros of TS4 outweigh the cons, for them.

Also, on the subject of open world. I love Sims 3, but I actually prefer the way they did it for the console version rather than the PC. A nice mesh of closed and open world, that actually worked pretty well.

Its not being rude its just a harsh truth. Half the people here buying the game can't even give me a good reason as to why, it's their choice of course. Those same people are going to come here 3 months later crying about being ripped off and misled by false advertising which we all know EA loves doing.

I really want this game to prove me wrong then i'll gladly buy it but at this point no.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Oneice27 wrote:
    Sc3niX wrote:

I'll say this, it is not good for YOUR game play, which I apologize that it won't meet your needs, and no, you shouldn't have to buy something you are not going to be happy with. However it is good for MY game play. So therefore, yes, I shall buy it. The features that are excluded are not important for my own enjoyment. I am not a fan of the toddlers so it's not going to really effect me in anyway. I hardly use pools so again, not going to effect me any. I use pretty natural colors so the lack of a color wheel isn't going to bother me any. And I like how the CAS looks, I am very picky with my sims looks so I think it's a plus. That is my reasoning, I can't vouch for others.

Am I getting it because it has sims in the title? No, I only own sims 3 and the expansion packs and a sims 2 and maybe 1 expansion pack that I hardly play anymore.

I've watched many videos and read many forums and talked with my friends, so yes, I have made a conscious and logical decision to why I would want it. Just like I can understand why you don't.

Thats a reason i can actually accept. I wont buy the game but that doesn't mean i don't want to, i really want this game to prove me wrong and make me want it but at this point its not happening.

It suits your play style currently but it doesn't suit mine. I find that very unfair to others like me. It's like they've only catered to one group of people, but screw the rest right EA?

CASt was one of my favorite things.

I play with toddlers all the time.

I'm just so bummed out as i was really excited for this game. But recent news has caused me to cancel my preorder.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Sc3niX wrote:
    Oneice27 wrote:
    Sc3niX wrote:

Thats a reason i can actually accept. I wont buy the game but that doesn't mean i don't want to, i really want this game to prove me wrong and make me want it but at this point its not happening.

It suits your play style currently but it doesn't suit mine. I find that very unfair to others like me. It's like they've only catered to one group of people, but screw the rest right EA?

I'm just so bummed out as i was really excited for this game. But recent news has caused me to cancel my preorder.

Yeah I can understand how that's unfair. And yet... both sides are actually quite unfair once you think of it. If you delay the game you get a bunch of people who are going to be upset. You keep it on time, other people are going to be upset.

It's really a lose lose type of situation isn't it? I'm sure there will be a lot of great simmers out there that will play it and give their honest opinion :) Nothing wrong with waiting to see what happens! Could end up being pleasantly surprised or knowingly disappointed. We'll just have to wait to see what happens won't we?

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Oneice27 wrote:
    Sc3niX wrote:
    Oneice27 wrote:
    Sc3niX wrote:

Yeah I can understand how that's unfair. And yet... both sides are actually quite unfair once you think of it. If you delay the game you get a bunch of people who are going to be upset. You keep it on time, other people are going to be upset.

It's really a lose lose type of situation isn't it? I'm sure there will be a lot of great simmers out there that will play it and give their honest opinion :) Nothing wrong with waiting to see what happens! Could end up being pleasantly surprised or knowingly disappointed. We'll just have to wait to see what happens won't we?

Yeah but in all honesty its in EA's best interests to delay at this point. They've left out numerous things, things that would make the other half like me gladly throw my money at the game. Waiting has never killed anyone, sure people will be mad but if i was EA i'd rather release a product that everyone wants to buy than a selected few wants to buy.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sc3niX wrote:
    Oneice27 wrote:
    Sc3niX wrote:
    Oneice27 wrote:
    Sc3niX wrote:

Yeah but in all honesty its in EA's best interests to delay at this point. They've left out numerous things, things that would make the other half like me gladly throw my money at the game. Waiting has never killed anyone, sure people will be mad but if i was EA i'd rather release a product that everyone wants to buy than a selected few wants to buy.

Makes perfect sense. I can't say I agree entirely because well... I don't have a problem with the game and would buy it as is or what it could be. So I could go either way. But yeah, that's a good point.

• Options
    ZackgirlAmIZackgirlAmI Posts: 37
    edited June 2014
    Oneice27 wrote:
    Oneice27 wrote:
    EatChees wrote:
    Oneice27 wrote:

*sigh* I wasn't tell them what to think or do, I was saying, they want to be upset, then they can be upset. I was just pointing out that if they want to be heard and understood, they should try a different approach. You catch more flies with honey is how the saying goes. If you want someone to hear your side, you have-to-use-a-different-approach.

You want to be taken seriously, you have to present yourself seriously

Seriously being al nicey-nice doesn't work with EA, you can't post things like "Hey EA if you maybe have a chance can you guys put toddlers in?" and expect results. They need to see that people are mad about the state of their product, so being all sweet and nice isn't going to show our true feelings at all. One can present themselves seriously while being harsh, in this case being harsh is needed to show EA the severity of how they are treating long time sims fans. Holding hands and singing happy songs isn't going to get EA to listen us. If you don't like how we post that's really not our problem.

Yeah exactly. I used to be nice to everyone. It helped me be a freakin doormat. However, I think the OP was moreso talking about the comments towards each other if I were to understand correctly.

You will be correct ^^

But on his subject, no you don't have to be nice, but you also don't have to yell and cuss about things. It's hard to take someones opinions seriously when they are doing that.

I mean it depends. In many cases, yeah I can see why you should be firm but from what I've heard about EA you can't really be fair. Granted they're smaller than Comcast so they're not AS bad but they are a money hungry company. Some people can take the firm approach if they feel that's best but sometimes you have to be aggressive to get what you want.
    Also cussing is an American normality. I find it tacky when people do it every other word but I don't see the problem. I guess because I cuss all the time. I do it when I'm excited mad frustrated depressed...whatever. It's all about the intent and if the intent is to be malicious towards an INNOCENT person then yeah it's bad but normally cussing is just words. You have to remember the history of these words too. The F word for example just simply meant *********** under the king.
    **** straight people are going to be yelling (see I just cussed again. it's just my style). When people are afraid they're not going to get what they pay for then of course they're going to flare up and they're not going to listen to a word anyone says.
    I'm sure there's something in this world that makes you go off the handle. Even the most mellow person has their share of pet peeves, they just don't show it most of the time.

However, I can see your point in a way. I'm on the fence because I think it's fair to wait and see. I realize that other people don't see the point in waiting and that's fine. They can always change their mind later but I think we need to cross that bridge when we get to it. Even though it doesn't look good, it doesn't seem any good to burn them at the stake until we actually see real footage.

Oh trust me, I have a bad temper and cuss worse than a sailor! In fact I would probably be doing it right now XD I just feel there is a time and a place for everything. And when taking debate it was just something I learned that if you want them to listen, you have to behave a certain manner. So I kind of just adopted that attitude, so far it hasn't steered me wrong. But you know, I'm sure something will come along that requires my mouth of the raging she devil.

My friend is also on the fence. As much as I would love for her to get the game so we can play together, I also don't think it would be right for me to push her into it. She is going to wait until I get it and see what I think. I think that's truly the best option people can take. If they are truly unhappy with it, THEN it'd be time to rain in some hell! It got results with the Simcity epidemic.
    I guess we're kinda on the same page then. I do think you should try something before you say you don't like it but the thing is people who are already raising hell are doing it because it's difficult to be positive. We have seen no evidence that Sims 4 is going to be a good experience (I mean for you it sounds good but for them it doesn't) so of course they're going to be negative. All they have to go on is EA is a lazy money hungry company. Plus they probly figure that once it is out, it will be too late to raise hell. They're not going to go back and change things.