Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims in CAS and in Game

Based on the screenshots I can see that there is a difference of what the sims look in CAS and in game. Sadly the same thing happened with The Sims 3 and it seems Sims 4 might be suffering from it too.

Here you can see the skin of the man is completely washed out, no facial features, lines at all. in CAS from the many videos sims did not look that bad!

[img]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.ggpht.com/-eW6DAIV9QCQ/U67gmTAOjzI/AAAAAAAAQCU/MsMSdHMYiiY/s0/LS4%252520Trailer%252520Autenticos%252520%25252858%252529.png[/img]

This sim definitely looked better in few CAS shots.

LS4%252520Trailer%252520Autenticos%252520%2525283%252529.png

Looks like these screen look nice from far but once you zoom into the faces of the sims the shortcomings are seen

LS4%252520Trailer%252520Autenticos%252520%25252811%252529.png

I might be very critical but when playing the sims I love to zoom into my sims faces from time to time and appreciate their beauty. The sims of Sims 4 look the best, they have nice faces and I am sure with custom contents they will look even better. but I hope this glitch that made Sims 3 sims look like vampires in the game won't do the same with sims 4.
Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    thesims3madthesims3mad Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2014
    I just made this iamge to help me compare:
    mcb5n7.png

I'm not completely sure to be honest. I look at it and think "Yeah, CAS looks better e.g. her make up" and then I look again and think, actually, her lips and nose look better in-game. It's a bit hard to tell since they are not doing the same pose.

But I agree about zooming in, I often zoom in when making stories etc. and due to the emotions, I will be wanting to zoom in even more to see all the different facial expressions.
  • Options
    benz0sbenz0s Posts: 271 Member
    edited June 2014
    The one thing they finally managed to get right is the Sims themselves.
    They look very similar and the renders don't fool people like TS3 did
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2014
    In S3 sims in game look much better than they do in CAS. Their faces are flat and without any shadows in there.
    I am afraid though that it will be different in S4. The renders look great, but on the in game pictures they do look a bit flat, like OP says.
    But to me it looks the other way around than it is in 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB-GaqgOvVQ
    LGR review. 2 weeks old but who knows with all the new things that have been confirmed out another may be on its way.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited June 2014

Nice to hear LG's voice again, haha. He's a truly great reviewer. Never tells a lie imo.