Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The issue is that content is not being replaced.

The one thing that nobody seems to be getting whenever people complain about content getting ripped out, is that it's not getting replaced with other content. Yeah emotions build mode and CaS improvements are nice, but they barely make up for the lack of Cast and open world. Factor in everything else and it sure as hell doesn't.

But this issue goes beyond that, this is sims 4, the fourth generation of the sims, lets say the content missing was just Cast and Open world. even if the improvements we have made up for it that's not good enough, because than the game only has enough content to be the third gen of the sims, not the 4th, and i expect enough content for the 4th generation of this franchise since i already payed for the third.

It's not like we've had to compromise like this in the past. from 1 to 2, 2 to 3, the game has kept major features and evolved, not moved to the side. And since i know someone will bring it up, no, animations in 3 don't count, that was a design choice to make them less interesting, we only lost a small amount of romance options

Even if things get added in later in a EP there's still a problem. For starters it's just money grabbing, and secondly it means the EP has content. Technically it's the same amount, but I'd rather the time and effort on re-adding toddlers or pools go towards something more useful or new

P.S Since i know someone will say "don't buy it and walk away" I care about this game, I care about this franchise. That's why I complain, walking away silently isn't going to do anything.

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited June 2014
    We don't need anything if we have emotions :lol:
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited June 2014
    Agreed. Stripping things out without replacing what is taken out makes the game seem bare.
    What they really need to do is record a video of some game play & put it on youtube or have a LB.
    They're playing with the game all the time & say there are some cool things in it.
    Well let us the buyers/consumers see these cool things you're talking about.
    2 months to go & we have no idea.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited June 2014
    I completely agree with this, OP! This generation of Sims has not moved forward, it has moved backward.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited June 2014
    snurfles wrote:
    I completely agree with this, OP! This generation of Sims has not moved forward, it has moved backward.

Ain't that the truth. This is The Sims 1.75.
  • Options
    ZackgirlAmIZackgirlAmI Posts: 37
    edited June 2014
    snurfles wrote:
    That's what I've been thinking. It's appalling how backwards this generation is going. 4 has emotions...whoop de freakin doo.

OP you are right, I know some people thought 3 lacked what 2 had but it wasn't much of a sacrifice. I think the majority has been pretty happy with it and even if they aren't they probably play 3 as well as 2. I know I have been. I loved 2 but 3 was almost a completely different innovation so it wasn't nearly impossible to want to make that switch.
  • Options
    leyna75leyna75 Posts: 127 Member
    edited June 2014
    To the author- I have just sat back and watched this entire campaign take place. I have read numerous posts and responses. I have laughed so hard at some responses and I must give credit to all who are opposed to the happenings with the game. As well I give credit to the supporters as well. This is my take. Everyone is right from the yay to the nay. There has been upset over the removal of treasured things and this is a sad occasion. For example, about 99% of my favorite things were removed but I also am curious about all the new. So I cannot blame people for voicing their opinions. I love to read them, good, bad, ugly, and hilarious (you know who you are:). But I look at it this way,at the appointed time, those of us who pre-ordered will see and then decide after personal play time, whether it was worth the dukettes (slang)or not. I would rather spend 70 bucks (pre-order Deluxe download)and lose it on a bad game, and save myself hundreds in EP,SP, and, custom content.....then I would if the game is bomb (not bombs,as in flops but The Bomb! as in fantreakingtastic!)Yes, love the game but if the rats are jumping ship, then I will find a new game. If people don't voice their opinion, then nothing changes. It may be a negotiation and some things never return (I hope not), everyone will either feel vindicated with their opinions or just maybe, a little foolish. :wink:
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited June 2014
    Mstybl95 wrote:
    snurfles wrote:

Ain't that the truth. This is The Sims 1.75.
    LOL. :lol: I was just thinking this very thing earlier today. A couple of weeks ago I was calling it The Sims 2.5. But after hearing toddlers weren't in the game either, I'm now thinking it's more like 1.5.

But hey, at least we can work out at the gym!!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2014
    IMO Those that are saying "just walk away" or "If you do not like it, do not buy it." that may be true but you need those who are not buying it and EA/Maxis need them as well because if the nays outnumber the yays, Sims series does not move forward and EA/Maxis is taking a big gamble right down and after 2 Sep 2014 will tell it all.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen