Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to add Toddlers & Pools in base game **Official Petition**

Hello fellow devastated simmers. There is a petition going on at Change.org, for the addition of toddlers & pools into the base game.

Here are the details:
Toddlers have been a vital aspect to The Sims series because it is a lifestate that is crucial to the flow of the game. Without it, newborns will age straight up into children which will impair the possibility for story telling - a huge thing for the Simming community. We also want pools. Pools have been in every single basegame and to not have them would be ridiculous at this point.

I've increased the count to 2K signatures needed. This is where you guys come in. Do what you can, please. DM the people with a lot of followers if you can, tweet your favorite YouTuber or Simmer and raise awareness by tweeting about the petition. It's important we don't give up. I know a lot of people think it won't work but we need to try.

I just signed it 7 minutes ago, and it's grown 10 more signatures. It currently has 864 signatures and counting. All of that just from today! If it makes that many signatures in one day, imagine what it'll be in a week? I think posting the official petition here will bring a lot more signatures, and show EA what we really want. This is a petition on Change.org, a site where some petitions have gone to the White House. Petitions on this site have worked.

For anyone wondering, I am not responsible for making the petition, but I feel obligated to share it with you all. So, hurry, and get to signing! :mrgreen:

Here is the link to the signature: https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/the-sims-team-include-toddlers-and-pools-in-the-sims-4-base-game

Comments

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited June 2014
    AiHaou wrote:
    Signed.

Great! :mrgreen:

I hope more people on this forum see this, and sign it. Change.org is great at achieving things.
  • Options
    webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed it.. thanks for the heads up. :)
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • Options
    dramaqueen000dramaqueen000 Posts: 34 Member
    edited June 2014
    Found this on SimsVIP an hour or so ago, and signed it. :D
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited June 2014
    kirby356,

I signed it, but its going to need to a lot more signatures than two thousand to get EA's attention.
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed!!! They've had ample time to inform is of these changes and yet they chose to do it now just before the release... They meaning EA, I don't blame the Guru's...
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed.
  • Options
    MiguelRey16MiguelRey16 Posts: 57
    edited June 2014
    Definitely signed, thanks for the link
  • Options
    JustMe123JustMe123 Posts: 160 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed. :-)
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited June 2014
    signed it earlier this evening and have added it to my blog
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have already signed it up :).
  • Options
    Sirjohn4420Sirjohn4420 Posts: 421 Member
    edited June 2014
    signed
    moo11x wrote:
    Signed!!! They've had ample time to inform is of these changes and yet they chose to do it now just before the release... They meaning EA, I don't blame the Guru's...

I blame the guru's for not telling us though i guess if they want to keep their jobs they had to keep quiet. its a shame that its come to this, but for $80 there better be a ton of new things and they had better bring pools and toddlers back or i am afraid their sales will drop dramatically.
    2v9ekhx.gif
  • Options
    bettynewbie2bettynewbie2 Posts: 39 Member
    edited June 2014
    This late in the game, I doubt this will make much difference. If they'd told us back during earlier development, they might have reconsidered, but with only 2 months before release, I'm sure they can't/won't make those kinds of changed now. Sadly.

I did sign, but it feels like a futile attempt.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nothing to lose. SIGNED.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    kirby356,

I signed it, but its going to need to a lot more signatures than two thousand to get EA's attention.

You're probably right. But I think that after the petition reaches the 2,000 mark, they send it directly to EA. And since Change.org is real organization, I have some faith that that with this petition, plus the responses from the public, EA will be smart and add these two very important things in.

I just have to have hope that this will work.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    Damienf519 wrote:
    kirby356,

You're probably right. But I think that after the petition reaches the 2,000 mark, they send it directly to EA. And since Change.org is real organization, I have some faith that that with this petition, plus the responses from the public, EA will be smart and add these two very important things in.

This plus the lost sales and canceled pre-orders will speak volumes, petitions up to 985 signed.

The last time a simmer used change.org for signature gathering it worked, and origin fixed the download/launcher problems that many were experiencing, and quit denying that there was a problem.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    and it's now at over a thousand signatures

edit to fix typo

night all
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    Damienf519 wrote:
    kirby356,

This plus the lost sales and canceled pre-orders will speak volumes, petitions up to 985 signed.

The last time a simmer used change.org for signature gathering it worked, and origin fixed the download/launcher problems that many were experiencing, and quit denying that there was a problem.

This is awesome. The petition now has 1,003 signatures and counting. It hasn't even been a full day yet since it was put on Change.org! I have a good feeling about this one! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2014
    This late in the game, I doubt this will make much difference. If they'd told us back during earlier development, they might have reconsidered, but with only 2 months before release, I'm sure they can't/won't make those kinds of changed now. Sadly.

:) They can add a patch to the game to add them or to the Sims site and later to the first EP for those not hooked into the site. They can do this anytime. So it is possible.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    davina1221 wrote:

:) They can add a patch to the game to add them or to the Sims site and later to the first EP for those not hooked into the site. They can do this anytime. So it is possible.

A patch would be okay, but the fact that it isn't in the base game just boggles my mind. Whoever made that decision should be fired, and burned at the stake. :evil:

Okay, maybe not burned at the stake, but you know what I mean
  • Options
    erinmblair19erinmblair19 Posts: 139 Member
    edited June 2014
    I signed it and I twittered it out. :)
  • Options
    VoyfhelVoyfhel Posts: 104 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't think it's a realistic thing to want extra gameplay 2 months before launch. I am petitioning a free patch to add after launch.
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm just gonna put it out there that it's pretty much impossible to add them in now. Reason for that is that they'll basically have to start from scratch. The game is built up on the sims and adding all the scripts would take forever, plus changing all the interfaces, etc.

They would lose even more money making the game more expensive.

Soooo... no.
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif