Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If they can't confirm toddlers they should delay already

Seriously one month or two wouldn't be that bad but would be well worth it in order to get TODDLERS, pools etc.

Comments

• Options
    KilljoyCopelandKilljoyCopeland Posts: 80 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Delaying again will probably affect sEA's revenue. We all know EA couldn't bare to hold off their money for a couple of months.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    I whole-heartedly support the delay.

They can't release an imcomplete, unfinished game.

I will understand and wait.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited June 2014
    UGH! NONE OF THOSE HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED NOT TO BE IN THE GAME!
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    If they produce a stable fun base game people will pay for it won't hurt them a bit...there is this thing called being honest... If they took their time instead of rushing things and saying, oh we can fix that later, people like me would be willing to reserve and pay the price for the game. As it stands it took me years to move from TS2 to TS3...seems 4 is going to make me repeat the process if at all.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited June 2014
    We don't know that there is any problem with those things that would warrant a delay. I'm on the fence about this game, but people need to get a grip.
  • Options
    Hip_RoseHip_Rose Posts: 273 Member
    edited June 2014
    It's not been confirmed. And if that's the case they might be planning to add toddlers in a expansion pack Generations style, because: MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2014
    We don't even know if any of this means that we aren't going to have toddlers. It's only speculation at this point, and I still honestly believe that they'll have toddlers. I will agree that IF it's true that the no comment thing is because they aren't including toddlers a delay would be worth it to get toddlers (if I was getting the game anyway, I wouldn't mind waiting for that), but we really don't know yet and I wish people would stop getting so panicky over it.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hip_Rose wrote:
    It's not been confirmed. And if that's the case they might be planning to add toddlers in a expansion pack Generations style, because: MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.

LOL! Yep.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hip_Rose wrote:

Actually this wouldn't completely surprise me.

But they have to consider (or should, they might not), how far they can push it, how many people will be too upset to bother spending more money. A lot of people have reached or are close to reaching their breaking point with stuff like that, or really EA in general.
  • Options
    TsutaTsuta Posts: 63 Member
    edited June 2014
    Do we need every bit of minutia of the game to be confirmed with us before its release? Just relax. Not like the devs are poring over these forums, anyway, they're working. The deadline's already in place, there is absolutely no way that they'd consider moving it now.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited June 2014

The title of this thread uses the word"if". They are discussing a delay if toddlers can't be confirmed. It's a what if kind of thread.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Tsuta wrote:
    Do we need every bit of minutia of the game to be confirmed with us before its release?

No. We are just asking for very major features like toddlers or pools.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2014
    It's already been confirmed awhile back that all previous life stages will be in game. We didn't see babies yet either, but we know they will be in the game. People are now freaking out over nothing. :roll:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    XxAirixX wrote:
    It's already been confirmed awhile back that all previous life stages will be in game. We didn't see babies yet either, but we know they will be in the game. People are now freaking out over nothing. :roll:

Grant Rodiek said today he can no longer confirm toddlers will be on the game.
  • Options
    Hip_RoseHip_Rose Posts: 273 Member
    edited June 2014
    dreamerz13 wrote:
    Hip_Rose wrote:

Actually this wouldn't completely surprise me.

But they have to consider (or should, they might not), how far they can push it, how many people will be too upset to bother spending more money. A lot of people have reached or are close to reaching their breaking point with stuff like that, or really EA in general.

When it comes to EA nothing really surprises me anymore. It would be quite the clever move because, frankly gamers would still buy it, add something fun and cute to that expansion plus toddlers and you'll see.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2014
    Delays are at the discretion of EA, not the dev's, and they won't allow it to happen again, they've already been allowed to delay it once.

I get the sense that the dev's have been told to release the game by September 2nd come hell or high water - hence why the game seems to be running very late, and still seems to be having features cut.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Tsuta wrote:
    Do we need every bit of minutia of the game to be confirmed with us before its release?
    No. We are just asking for very major features like toddlers or pools.
    How in the world is the toddler life stage major? They just learn to walk and **** and then lounge around all day taking up space. I usually just skip that life stage, personally, so I'd be glad to be rid of it entirely. Either way, we still don't need every detail of the game on a checklist for us to approve, major feature or minute detail. Why can't we just let some aspects be a surprise?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Kamb64 wrote:

The title of this thread uses the word"if". They are discussing a delay if toddlers can't be confirmed. It's a what if kind of thread.

The toddlers probably can't be confirmed because they are adding the finishing touches to them.

And as for pools, when SimsVIP did that interview with Sim Guru Graham,

when she asked about pools he laughed a little bit before saying 'No Comment.' this leads to 2 possibilities:

1. There is a surprise involving pools.

2. Graham has been hiding a malicious nature and likes the chaos it inspires.

I'm going for number 1.
  • Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited June 2014
    The guy said no comment. See already taking things out of context.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    XxAirixX wrote:

Well if that is the case EA wont see any money from me for the sims 4 for years...good luck EA.
  • Options
    GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    XxAirixX wrote:

That's not what he said at all. :roll:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    XxAirixX wrote:
    Well if that is the case EA wont see any money from me for the sims 4 for years...good luck EA.
    With how ridiculously huge this franchise is for EA, I'm sure they won't miss your one sale :P
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Kamb64 wrote:

The toddlers probably can't be confirmed because they are adding the finishing touches to them.

when she asked about pools he laughed a little bit before saying 'No Comment.' this leads to 2 possibilities:

I'm going for number 1.

Nervous giggle much more likely.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Technically , someone asked if it could still be said that all the previous life stages are going to be in the game , and than that Sim Guru said he couldn't comment on that. people just assumed it was toddlers.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Kamb64 wrote:

I'm going for number 1.

Nervous giggle much more likely.

It didn't sound nervous to me.