Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Site to get Updates?

Where would be the best website (no tweets) to get updates on what is or is not going to be in The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    BabiskoBabisko Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited June 2014
    I, personally, enjoy Simsvip, she's got a fact sheet and keeps pretty up to date with new things. I hear Honeywell's blog(?) is good as well.
    We are now the knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thank you. I will check those places. :)
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited June 2014
    I use honeywell and simsvip. Simsvip is practically famous on these forums and although I love that website I like HW's too because it seems like there are faster updates on new info but Alexis is probably still recovering from E3
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    Both Sims VIP and Honeywell are very good. :D They are the only ones that I am familiar with, there may be others.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Are they both reliable? Trying to decided if this game would be good for a teen.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Shadoza2 wrote:
    Are they both reliable? Trying to decided if this game would be good for a teen.

Pretty much. And despite some of the features that you took note of in another thread, it's not too bad a game. It's one of those games that, if they're too young to know what something is, they're not gonna get it, or notice anything's amiss.

If you've ever played any of the previous sim games, it won't be any worse than those.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I think they are pretty reliable for the most part, though it's hard to tell with the game being two months away. Information gets thrown around that may or may not be accurate.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    My granddaughter is 16 going on 30, you understand? Her mother has her hands full with her, but she really is sweet. I am just being very cautious about avoiding the rocking of that boat.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited June 2014
    Shadoza2, I'm a great gramma, I have three grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren, so I know something about this. At 16, there is nothing in any sim game that she hasn't already seen, so I wouldn't have any concern with a 16 year old playing it.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Shadoza2 wrote:
    My granddaughter is 16 going on 30, you understand? Her mother has her hands full with her, but she really is sweet. I am just being very cautious about avoiding the rocking of that boat.

You may try asking whether her mother approves of the game? Other than that, it's really not a bad game for a teen to be playing. I started playing the sims since, well, before I was actually a teen. The most scandalous thing I ever saw at the time was that my male sim was allowed to kiss another male sim. Not that that's even remotely the case anymore, but still. Everything in the game is usually done in such a goofy manner, and the potential to emulate it is next to nil.

By the way, it's nice to hear that someone's doing research for their kid/grandkid. I remember someone here on the forum had to deal with a mad mother returning the game for her 6 or 8 year old son or some such, because it had 'woohoo' in it, and got GTA when he asked for it instead. Yeesh.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited June 2014
    It really isn't a bad game. I've been playing since I was six. So that was like 12 years ago and it doesn't have anything that goes to the extreme. It's actually quite an informative game and very entertaining. A lot of players here have been playing the game for the longest time. So its not so bad :)
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited June 2014
    It comes down to one basic question:

Does she know about sex and violence?

If the answers yes , your good to go , dude. :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The first Sims games I ever played as a kid were actually SimCity 2000, Sim Farm, and Sim Town. They were awesome games at the time. I was about 20 when I started playing Sims 2 on console, then moved on to Sims 3 when it released. To me, the entire Sims series has always been a pretty good, educational game for kids and teens. The games kind of teach you about life, in a way. The developers have kept things pretty tame for the most part in regards to Woo Hoo and such things. But it's also important for parents to supervise, or at least talk with their kids about what they see.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Babisko wrote:
    Shadoza2 wrote:

You may try asking whether her mother approves of the game? Other than that, it's really not a bad game for a teen to be playing. I started playing the sims since, well, before I was actually a teen. The most scandalous thing I ever saw at the time was that my male sim was allowed to kiss another male sim. Not that that's even remotely the case anymore, but still. Everything in the game is usually done in such a goofy manner, and the potential to emulate it is next to nil.

By the way, it's nice to hear that someone's doing research for their kid/grandkid. I remember someone here on the forum had to deal with a mad mother returning the game for her 6 or 8 year old son or some such, because it had 'woohoo' in it, and got GTA when he asked for it instead. Yeesh.

My daughter doesn't know details about The Sims 4. She started playing The Sims and got me interested in the game but hasn't played much past the start of The Sims 2. I think she doesn't realize how much it has changed.

GTA? Really? LOL GTA 5 was different. Much tamer these days...more interesting to watch too. Still,..I would not recommend it for children. :lol:

Thank you for the comments.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    simsvip.com updates fast and reliably and has accuarte news. A must-visit. They just don't really post anything that is not EA-sanctioned.

honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com has much news too, maybe not as much as simsvip, but they post all info, good or bad, and often help you understand it unbiasedly.
  • Options
    SimmuendoSimmuendo Posts: 272 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I would recommend SimsVIP. Very trustworthy and always up to date. :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    My visual on Sims Vip has lines through the words. Does this mean the information is incorrect or that it is a simple font misstake?