Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will there be a creature in each expansion and do ghosts work the same?

I know people probably don't know these answers because they haven't shown either how ghosts function in Sims 4 yet but since there is a Grim Reaper there likely will be ghosts again and also if there will be the proverbial "creature" in each expansion or if that's just a Sims 3 thing?

Comments

• Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh I would love for them to bring back the supernatural ep to the ts4 I've had so much fun with that ep it's been one of my favorites. If they don't bring back sp, then I would still settle for the vampires to make a comeback
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited June 2014
    They did that in TS2, too.
    I surely hope so, I love occult sims. An EP that is as close as possible to Makin' Magic would be the best thing ever, to me.
    Makin' Magic didn't have only witches (well, more like regular sims with magic wands, not really an occult sim), but also a vampire npc, a fairy npc and dragons! Dragons, not scaly birds like TS3's "dragons".
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited June 2014
    The occults that we can count on that would make a comeback are vampires, ghosts, aliens, plantsims, werewolves, and genies.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    colton147 wrote:
    The occults that we can count on that would make a comeback are vampires, ghosts, aliens, plantsims, werewolves, and genies.

Why? I would say witches have a higher chance of coming back than genies, based on the previous games.
    6724061.png
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited June 2014
    Alnairan wrote:
    I surely hope so, I love occult sims. An EP that is as close as possible to Makin' Magic would be the best thing ever, to me.
    Makin' Magic didn't have only witches (well, more like regular sims with magic wands, not really an occult sim), but also a vampire npc, a fairy npc and dragons! Dragons, not scaly birds like TS3's "dragons".

Couldn't you turn your Sim into a vampire with a spell?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Alnairan wrote:

in the ts3 sp witches could create an elixir called vampires bite I believe and throw it at a sim and they would become one instead of having to find a vampire to turn you
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Alnairan wrote:

There was a spell that could turn your sim into a lot of different creatures, yes, but it was temporary and it didn't really change the behavior of your sim, if I remember it correctly.
    6724061.png
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    For me, i'll be disappointed if Ghosts are TS3-like and not TS2-like
    Those were scarier, you couldn't interact with them and they weren't friendly and silly.

Also, i believe Ghosts shouldn't count as Creatures but rather a life stage after elder. TS2 included it plus Aliens which was the real creature there. If they're aiming for a Game much like TS2 and going by the Easter Eggs, i believe Aliens will be here...
  • Options
    iDarquesseiDarquesse Posts: 228 Member
    edited June 2014
    I seriously hope zombies are back properly... The ones in TS3 were REALLY bad, and near enough useless... i much preferred TS2 zombies, They were much more fun in that they worked like normal sims. TS3 ones were useless in every sense of the word.

I hated what TS3 did with werewolves too.

This:
    picture906.jpg

Looked SO much better than this:
    TS3.EP07.ANNC.WWOLF.STALK.003.jpg?cb=1402546180

With the Sims going back to it's roots, I really hope we see some kind of happy medium, Or maybe something totally new!

Also, I hope they keep in the mermaids that Island paradise had - That was a super nice touch and I loved it :) Especially how they incorporated land with sea :)
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thre will probably be. Most like them.

I myself wish they came only in a supernatural EP.

With so many features being cut left and right, it would appal me if they wasted time and resources on ghosts or aliens when not even pools are a give right now.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Thre will probably be. Most like them.

I myself wish they came only in a supernatural EP.

With so many features being cut left and right, it would appal me if they wasted time and resources on ghosts or aliens when not even pools are a give right now.

The problem with the Supernatural EP however was game clogging. I don't know about anyone else, but I was super excited for Supernatural, yet when I added it into my game, Everything almost automatically seemed overrun with supernatural creatures, and it almost ruined Supernatural for me. Not to mention, the supernatural creatures in the EP had very little going for them in terms of game play. However, I did like the EP, I just feel more could have been done to spread game play out and to add in the fun aspects. Hopefully they can integrate this a bit more efficiently in TS4, with the new stylized design I'm really excited to see how creatures will look :3
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Ooh! I'd also like a Miss Crumplebottom Character back in at some point :')

THE BANTER! :')
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    edited June 2014
    I really hope they will bring back all the supernatural creatures and expand on it! They are usually one of my favorite parts of the game! I hope that they expanded on ghosts too. It would be really cool if there was more that they could do. Like if your house is haunted, your sim could just stop and look confused like someone poked them and then they would be creeped out. They could also hear a voice and get scared. That would be fun!
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah I didn't think having zombies falling out of trees made much sense in TS3 so I would hope they pass on that idea this time around.

And apparently the zombies were really vegetarians so you could just have your sims ignore them and nothing would happen until they just got bored and left or woke up or something. I didn't play with supernatural that much.

With the smaller "districts" in TS4 hopefully a lot of the lagging will be history too cause there won't be so many sims for the story progression to keep up with?
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2014
    I love the supernatural sims so I would definitely like to see them return.

Please though EA, none of that sparkling vampire crap & asking for permission to do necessary vampire things to survive this time. The game is rated T for teen, you can get away with it.

I'd like to see a few more new supernaturals too, other than Fairies and Unicorns I don't think we got to see anything new :( I'd love to be able to have a mad-scientist sim create his / her very own Frankenstein and I would really, really love to have proper Dragons - not those weird object ones in TS1 and TS3.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Can't express how much I crave for better zombies and werewolves >.<

I also kind think mermaids should be a part of Supernatural. I much prefer the kind of Scary mermaids you get, rather than "The little mermaid" type. Although what they did with island paradise was good. I just want more depth.
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    edited June 2014
    I love the Supernatural expansion pack! I thought the werewolves could do many neat things, but the fact that their face would change everytime was so stupid. And that it was "distorted" in CAS even. I would have much rather it be the same in CAS, and then I could alter it the way I wanted. I dont want underbite-werewolves with weird faces. I just want my sims to grow fur and fangs. AGH! Plus, if you ended up trying to make thei face look like their normal state, come full moon and it still changed into something horrid.

What I also sorta missed was that they couldn't change into full wolf. Kinda like the vampires in Sims 2 could turn into bats. That was awesome. I wish the werewolves in sims 3 could go full wolf mode. That would have been neat!

The zombies in supernatural are completely useless. Luckily I have a mod that sets it to a 0% chance of zombiespawning. I did not want to have to fence in all my gardens just because of that.

But as an expansion I loved it. (I also turn off vampires, werewolves and fairies in most worlds, as they completely take over town if I don't)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I love the Supernatural expansion pack! I thought the werewolves could do many neat things, but the fact that their face would change everytime was so stupid. And that it was "distorted" in CAS even. I would have much rather it be the same in CAS, and then I could alter it the way I wanted. I dont want underbite-werewolves with weird faces. I just want my sims to grow fur and fangs. AGH! Plus, if you ended up trying to make thei face look like their normal state, come full moon and it still changed into something horrid.

What I also sorta missed was that they couldn't change into full wolf. Kinda like the vampires in Sims 2 could turn into bats. That was awesome. I wish the werewolves in sims 3 could go full wolf mode. That would have been neat!

The zombies in supernatural are completely useless. Luckily I have a mod that sets it to a 0% chance of zombiespawning. I did not want to have to fence in all my gardens just because of that.

But as an expansion I loved it. (I also turn off vampires, werewolves and fairies in most worlds, as they completely take over town if I don't)

Totally agree. I just gave up entirely with TS3. I have a high end computer but I just couldn't be doing with the faff and hassle it caused. And supernatural ended up totally overrunning my game.

I want supernatural characters, But I want them to be fleshed out.

One thing i did love was the harry potter style witches and wizards. that I LOVED.
  • Options
    jlapaojlapao Posts: 69 Member
    edited June 2014
    TS3 occults were quite filled with too much "pop-culture refrences". They seriously need to do as they say, and go back to the roots.

Also I agree with IcySlash about ghosts. In TS3 they are basically Sims that became semi-transparent. From a certain point of view they aren't even dead, they just gained a little colour.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I enjoy some of the pop culture aspects. But with vampires, I think EA needs something original. BRING BACK THE BATS!
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,999 Member
    edited June 2014
    nekobear wrote:
    Oh I would love for them to bring back the supernatural ep to the ts4 I've had so much fun with that ep it's been one of my favorites. If they don't bring back sp, then I would still settle for the vampires to make a comeback

I'd love that as well, and I would hope that it would be one of the first EPs.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,999 Member
    edited June 2014
    iDarquesse wrote:
    I seriously hope zombies are back properly... The ones in TS3 were REALLY bad, and near enough useless... i much preferred TS2 zombies, They were much more fun in that they worked like normal sims. TS3 ones were useless in every sense of the word.

This:
    picture906.jpg

With the Sims going back to it's roots, I really hope we see some kind of happy medium, Or maybe something totally new!

Also, I hope they keep in the mermaids that Island paradise had - That was a super nice touch and I loved it :) Especially how they incorporated land with sea :)

Why is it that that's the first picture of a Sims 2 werewolf I saw as far as I can tell where they actually had pointy ears? In every other one I remember seeing they actually had round ears.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    iDarquesse wrote:

This:
    picture906.jpg

Why is it that that's the first picture of a Sims 2 werewolf I saw as far as I can tell where they actually had pointy ears? In every other one I remember seeing they actually had round ears.

I think that image with the ears may have been a mod due to slight discoloration? But I was focusing more on the face :L
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    edited June 2014
    I never really understood the game logic behind the supernatural population. How come so many of the neighbours turned into supernaturals? Like, once I played in Riverview. And only in the span of a few sim days I felt the neighbour was overrun with occults. So. Many. Fairies. And a bunch of werewolves too, scratching everything in sight. God those fairies annoyed me so much. Ugly, random clothing with "fancy" wings attached. :roll:

What was it that made them all turn into supernatural beings? I can understand werewolves spawning werewolf babies and such, but how come everyone just suddenly turns into some kind of being?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Damienf519 wrote:
    nekobear wrote:

I'd love that as well, and I would hope that it would be one of the first EPs.
    if anything I did enjoy having a whole werewolf family :lol: literally the full moon comes up mom, dad, kids & baby tearing up the furniture