Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starting Fresh

Hi,
I was wondering if there is a way to start the sims 3 fresh.
But fresh I mean as if I was to install everything for the first time and never played it before.
I understand you could just uninstall every sim 3 game and then delete the folder, but I was wondering if there is a way so I don't have to waste time installing of my games again.
Like can I just delete my whole EA folder or something along those lines.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited June 2014
    Mitch656 wrote:
    Hi,
    I was wondering if there is a way to start the sims 3 fresh.
    But fresh I mean as if I was to install everything for the first time and never played it before.
    I understand you could just uninstall every sim 3 game and then delete the folder, but I was wondering if there is a way so I don't have to waste time installing of my games again.
    Like can I just delete my whole EA folder or something along those lines.

Thanks.

All of your user data is in your Sims 3 folder. You can find it in My Documents \ Electronic Arts

If you move it somewhere or even just rename it the game will make a new one.

You'll have to install all of your store content again. Don't delete the store content you've already downloaded though because some things might have vanished from your purchase history and you may have trouble getting them back again.
  • Options
    AUWoofieAUWoofie Posts: 186 Member
    edited June 2014
    So if I understand correct, I just have to move/delete all these folders and items?

5qqtv6edb

Sorry can get image to work.

link to image: http://postimg.org/image/5qqtv6edb/
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Just move the whole Sims 3 folder out of the My Documents \ Electronic Arts folder. The game won't find it and will make a new one with all the folders it needs.

Keep the old folder though as you will probably have things in there that you find you need later on. But if it is corrupted by bad CC or something then it would be best to delete it so you don't infect your new folder.

The problem is some of your items may no longer be in your purchase history. It is best to back up your store downloads just in case.
  • Options
    AUWoofieAUWoofie Posts: 186 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thankyou for your help :)

Just one more question, is my custom content located in the "download" folder?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Your store content goes into the Downloads folder. It is where you put files that you want to install with the launcher.