Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They better not cheat while I'm playing another sim...

I can't leave my married TS3 sims alone around other sims (even eternally faithful ones) for fear that someone's going to hit on them, then they'll get the cheater reputation and all heck breaks loose. :roll:

With there being the potential for loading screens or pauses when switching sims I hope they are better behaved while left unattended and that actions that result in cheating are much more rare when sims are behaving autonomously.
TS4-Signature.jpg
Origin ID: Tiraehd

Comments

• Options
    simssims2sims3simssims2sims3 Posts: 400 Member
    edited June 2014
    Part of the fun of the Sims is its unpredictability.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited June 2014

Leave the unpredictability to the npc Sims. It's not fun to spend time keeping your sim faithful only to have it screwed up against your will.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2014
    Not only cheating, but what if they decide to have a baby when you're not playing them? Could mess up your plans for that family.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member
    edited June 2014

The problem is it wasn't unpredictable. It happened every time. I even had one mother hit on her new son in law at the wedding. Really. Right after the vows. No juice bar yet either! :evil:

:) If it was somewhat rare or just with flirty sims I could handle it. Either that or the standards about what was cheating were just too lax.
    TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah your married sims would cheat in ts2 as well when you switched. One of them may be making out with another sim other then their spouse on a community lot.

That didn't just happen in ts3. Difference is there won't be any romantic reputations in ts4.
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    This is so true!

Once i had a Hopeless Romantic female Sim that keeped on having the interaction to flirt with her husband's work boss (while he was paying them a visit) in front of him while i was not playing her. :shock:
    Had to keep on cancelling her interactions over and over because that's not what i wanted.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited June 2014
    Mariposah wrote:
    I even had one mother hit on her new son in law at the wedding. Really. Right after the vows. No juice bar yet either! :evil:
    EWWWWW!!! :D I wonder what her son-in-law thought about that? :lol:
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited June 2014
    Mariposah wrote:

The problem is it wasn't unpredictable. It happened every time. I even had one mother hit on her new son in law at the wedding. Really. Right after the vows. No juice bar yet either! :evil:

:) If it was somewhat rare or just with flirty sims I could handle it. Either that or the standards about what was cheating were just too lax.

Once , I made this married couple and the wives parents,
    and when they were moved into the house and sitting down on the couch , BOOM! Guess who's cuddling with her son - in - law, while her daughter and husband are in the same room?
  • Options
    netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    edited June 2014
    One can only hope that what they mean when they say TheSims4 has "smarter sims" is that situations like this (which are all too common) will be a thing of the past unless there is some reason behind it.

This thread is a good example of what I meant in another thread when I mentioned a lack of reference in TS4. Our only current frame of reference is TS3. We hear about features of TS4 and imagine them in TS3.

The players have no way of envisioning the features they have announced for TS4 until we get some hands-on time. Emotions? Smarter sims? Sounds great, but what does it mean in reality?

"UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
  • Options
    Asuka7794Asuka7794 Posts: 1,431 Member
    edited June 2014
    [img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view/535455/cheating-o.gif[/img]
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes, I like having my sims struggle a bit romantically, and waste their time on bad partners initially. I'm into that "romantic comedy" aspect of the game.

That's a big part of the reason I play on Epic lifespan, so they have a good bit of time to waste entertaining me with their melodrama.

But when I find someone better for them, I'd really like for the game to recognize that and have the soulmate act appropriately. Especially since we're transitioning to a closed world, and I won't have the ability to control everyone in my household directly anymore.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, I think that only sims with the "Noncommittal" trait should cheat on their partners autonomously.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille