Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One thought on Basements

Okay, I know it is (at best) unclear if the base game will include basements or not. I am assuming that, if it doesn't, they will eventually be added in some future expansion or core update. While I would prefer to have them available from the start, I am willing to wait on them.

There is one thing I ask though. Please, for the love of God (or whatever you may believe in), make them co-exist peacefully with foundations!!!

"UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited June 2014
    Basements were confirmed not in the base game.

Foundations function differently than Sims 2 and Sims 3, and they are adjustable in height. Not sure if terrain is able to be sculpted or if the foundation acts as a wall, like in 2 and 3 or if CFE is able to be used. At this point, I don't think so. I think terrain sculpting is out as is CFE, but that is just my personal opinion.

Basements not being in the base game was confirmed by a guru.

• Options
    netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    edited June 2014
    Basements were confirmed not in the base game.

Foundations function differently than Sims 2 and Sims 3, and they are adjustable in height. Not sure if terrain is able to be sculpted or if the foundation acts as a wall, like in 2 and 3 or if CFE is able to be used. At this point, I don't think so. I think terrain sculpting is out as is CFE, but that is just my personal opinion.

Basements not being in the base game was confirmed by a guru.

As I said, I can accept them not being in the base game. I just want them to work in conjunction with the new foundations. Having to jump through hoops to get them to work together is a constant pain the butt. Especially if you want to add a basement to a house with a foundation, after the fact. You need to practically tear down the whole house and start over from scratch.

I saw the video where they showed the adjustable foundations and mentioned they could be added to a house at any time. I am curious if they can also be removed from a house at any time. :D Maybe just by adjusting their height to zero.

"UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".