Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oceans?

So I believed yesterday we got a tweet that said no oceans in Willow Creek (is that the town's name), yet we saw a large body of water and even a riverboat.

Now we found out that there are like districts or like little towns and neighborhoods in one world.

What if they meant like one part of the world doesn't have an ocean but doesn't mean it there wouldn't be an ocean in the world at all? Like can be in another subsection of the town/world and that was why they said that earlier?

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    ToniXDToniXD Posts: 49 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I think the body of water the boats are in is just a river, sadly. Probably used for fishing and not swimming (will there be ANY swimming?!). Either way, even if there is an ocean portion to Willow Creek, I believe a SimGuru confirmed it wasn't playable- I supposed similar to Pleasantville in TS2 pre-Bon Voyage.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2014
    ToniXD wrote:
    I think the body of water the boats are in is just a river, sadly. Probably used for fishing and not swimming (will there be ANY swimming?!). Either way, even if there is an ocean portion to Willow Creek, I believe a SimGuru confirmed it wasn't playable- I supposed similar to Pleasantville in TS2 pre-Bon Voyage.

Ah, I see. Kind of a shame, but hopefully it wouldn't be a long wait too log before they can swim and play in the ocean.
  • Options
    ToniXDToniXD Posts: 49 New Member
    edited June 2014
    XxAirixX wrote:
    Ah, I see. Kind of a shame, but hopefully it wouldn't be a long wait too log before they can swim and play in the ocean.

Agreed! It's one of my favorite aspects of the game for my sims to go to the beach and enjoy the ocean. If it's not included in the base game, I guarantee EA is going to use it as some sort of pawn to get simmers to buy the first EP.