Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deaths in Sims 4

I wonder how many different deaths there will be in Sims 4, now that they talk about extreme emotions and how it will affect the sims.

We just saw Chuck die from laughing too much, what what other deaths you think will be in the game or want to see?

Like bored to death? A sim who is constantly bored dies from boredom. Or now that woohoo is a skill, woohoo to death? I have a feeling this will be how two of my sims might die if they have that in the game. :lol:

Comments

• Options
    JonchuableJonchuable Posts: 321 Member
    edited June 2014
    As much as I want new deaths, I really wouldn't want my sims to die from too much laughing or depression. I would like old deaths to come back like diseases, flies, and falling satellites.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2014
    Flies? I never heard of that death before, it sounds interesting. Having diseases would be a good idea, especially if sims aren't taking good care of themselves (or we aren't letting them take good care of themselves lol).
  • Options
    richard1972rrichard1972r Posts: 79 Member
    edited June 2014
    XxAirixX wrote:
    Flies? I never heard of that death before, it sounds interesting. Having diseases would be a good idea, especially if sims aren't taking good care of themselves (or we aren't letting them take good care of themselves lol).

Here you go. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pomRaxJRl3s
  • Options
    MintieeMintiee Posts: 139 Member
    edited June 2014
    I never had one sim die a random death in sims 3, so I just want increased risk. It seemed pointless to even have the variety of deaths they did in Sims 3 cos the chances of them were so low I never saw even one, never mind the full spectrum :lol: Oh apart from once, a sim died of fire. But that was on purpose and it took me AGES :roll:
  • Options
    wafumayowafumayo Posts: 169
    edited June 2014
    Maybe they will have deaths for each extreme emotion like a Sim dying from boredom, as you said, or a Sim getting so mad and worked up that they just up and keel over.
    They will probably have deaths that cover the basics like hunger and drowning in the base game, though. It's hard to tell because we don't have much information on what there is in the game whether there will be any more special ones like death by flies or death by jelly bean.
  • Options
    Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited June 2014
    The emotional deaths will be as rare as a sim dying by flies.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014
    After Gamescon this article came out.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/content/view-post/post/25898/page/5/***/5/
    Speaking of which, EA have changed their philosophy on death for Sims 4. They realized that some things in previous games made death almost not fair and as funny as it was to die by having a satellite land on you from above, it just wasn't right. In Sims 4, death will only ever be a result of your actions, or age, and before a Sim does die from your actions, there will be plenty of warning signs before the event occurs! One thing for sure though; depressed Sims will not commit suicide! EA had no desire to 'gamify' tragic events.

I think EA is trying to walk the line between the 'I don't want my little Simmies to ever die' players and the more ....shall we say deviant players. Being one of the deviants I was also glad to see this

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/news/sims-4-producer-deviant-players-are-going-to-have-a-lot-of-fun-messing-with-their-sims/
    The Sims is infamous for bringing out the dark side of players who like to abuse the power of their unseen hands. “If you’re more of a deviant player, we’re going to have a lot of fun things in there for you to be able to mess with other Sims, control their lives, manipulate them, make them have a miserable existence,” explains Nardone. “If you want to do that, it’s going to be there for you.”

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    MintieeMintiee Posts: 139 Member
    edited June 2014
    After Gamescon this article came out.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/content/view-post/post/25898/page/5/***/5/
    Speaking of which, EA have changed their philosophy on death for Sims 4. They realized that some things in previous games made death almost not fair and as funny as it was to die by having a satellite land on you from above, it just wasn't right. In Sims 4, death will only ever be a result of your actions, or age, and before a Sim does die from your actions, there will be plenty of warning signs before the event occurs! One thing for sure though; depressed Sims will not commit suicide! EA had no desire to 'gamify' tragic events.

I think EA is trying to walk the line between the 'I don't want my little Simmies to ever die' players and the more ....shall we say deviant players. Being one of the deviants I was also glad to see this

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/news/sims-4-producer-deviant-players-are-going-to-have-a-lot-of-fun-messing-with-their-sims/
    The Sims is infamous for bringing out the dark side of players who like to abuse the power of their unseen hands. “If you’re more of a deviant player, we’re going to have a lot of fun things in there for you to be able to mess with other Sims, control their lives, manipulate them, make them have a miserable existence,” explains Nardone. “If you want to do that, it’s going to be there for you.”

Well, that's something. Still, really having to force your sims to die takes out the unpredictability and humour of the whole thing, and makes the whole process pretty dull.
  • Options
    Chaera86Chaera86 Posts: 17 New Member
    how about sims dying immediately after woohoo? that happened to me last night
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    So....I've been playing for a while now and I have to say I've lost my will to kill off my Sims. At times I could be a diabolical Sim killer.

The store caught fire in the game I started to test everything and I had the Sims put out the fire. I just didn't see the point in killing them off with no ghosts.

I miss them, the ghosts, more than I thought I would.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright