Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

***♥Any tips on editing?♥***

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if I could get some tips on editing bc ive seen amazing mocks and other model edits and im no-where near as talented as that but if someone could maybe give me some tips on editing sims 3 pics like better quality, special effects etc. it would be super bc like I said everyone is amazingly talented and me.. well im okay I guess...maybe even slightly below :?
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they're like:

"what are you doing here?"

and I'm like:

"oh, you know, hunting elephants"

Comments

• Options
    Mhamilton0911Mhamilton0911 Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hey everyone! I was just wondering if I could get some tips on editing bc ive seen amazing mocks and other model edits and im no-where near as talented as that but if someone could maybe give me some tips on editing sims 3 pics like better quality, special effects etc. it would be super bc like I said everyone is amazingly talented and me.. well im okay I guess...maybe even slightly below :?

thats a real broad question. maybe narrow down exactly what you want help with? the taking of pics, like camera position, or lighting? or more detailed, like in depth editing such as drawing hair/clothes?

try posting a pic you want to learn something on, maybe a specific skill you need help with, and someone will comment! :D
  • Options
    spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    edited June 2014
    i agree with maggie, being a little more specific would get you the answers you need. but don't put yourself down, practice makes perfect. :mrgreen: we're all still learning ourselves i think!
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Options
    datscoolestdatscoolest Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited June 2014
    well maybe I was thinking on how to gte better quality and in-depth pics plus how to crops sims into another pic properly and drawing hair also sorry I didnt explain myself right but i gave a few examples so I thought that might help

and I'm like:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    better quality: either ramp up your graphics to as high as they can go and use an empty world for modelling shots that takes literally no time to load so your computer isn't overloaded with textures/sims/stories to load. well that's what i do.
    this is how to fake quality in gimp (but can easily be translated into photoshop) if your computer just can't handle the highest settings.
    ALSO! use invisable lights (testingcheatsenabled true then buydebug > miscellaneous and the thumbnail should have nothing on it) indoors, the lights provided aren't exactly the best.

cropping sims: try taking pictures on a green-screen background or a colour that contrasts with your models clothes/hair. the magic pen (quick selection tool) should go around the background of your model without cutting into her/him and you simply just 'delete' once everything you want rid of is selected. here is a video (for gimp) that'll walk you through it.

hair drawing: a bit of a harder one there, everyone has their own way of doing this. but i'd consult the editing thread here in the modelling section (there are TOOONS of ways you can do it), just find the one that suits you the most. tablet/mouse drawing are both time-consuming so don't feel you're terrible to begin with, practice!

i'm terrible at explanations and i'm not the most experienced but here's my two cents.
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    no no that was great thx for the info spackichan! I will remember this so I can become A great competitor! :D

btw I was just wondering on how you create some basic special fx example magic power light or maybe blood or something idk but just some basic fx

and I'm like:

• Options
    edited June 2014
    you're very welcome. :P
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Options
    popstar7popstar7 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited June 2014
    This tutorial might be helpful for the blood effects you are talking about :) (You must be an Unbound member to view the pictures, but I would recommend you signing up if you haven't already..there's a lot of great tutorials over there in the tut section)
    Call me Ella!

4h2i5k.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    popstar7 wrote:
    This tutorial might be helpful for the blood effects you are talking about :) (You must be an Unbound member to view the pictures, but I would recommend you signing up if you haven't already..there's a lot of great tutorials over there in the tut section)

alright i'll keep that in mind thx popstar!

and I'm like: