Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bit disappointed with the new venue...

1) Sims teleport into the carousel. =[
2) No moodlet from the carousel.
3) Nothing can really go on inside that tent.
4) Only pink cotton candy.
5) Plain popcorn?
6) Tiny stage - what can we do on there?
7) Re-skins of Smack-A-Gnome being classed as "Premium Content"!

The venue is beautiful and all but erm...tsk...quite disappointed with its functionality to be honest.
TBImXnt.gif

Comments

• Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2014
    You should be getting a moodlet from the carousel. I don't always get it, but it seems like if my sims stay on for the entire ride (or for a good amount of time at least), they'll get the moodlet.

I put concession stands from season inside of the tent for now. Trying to come up with more ideas.

I know some people were disappointed in the Whack-A-X machine, but I actually really like the new animations on it. (Not sim animations, those are the same. I mean the animated pictures on the machines themselves.)
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    edited June 2014
    I decided not to buy it when I saw the popcorn and candy floss machines were just basically the same as the Seasons snow cone machine. Likewise the whack a gnome from Supernatural was repackaged as new pc. Not falling for that. :roll:
    I'd quite like the tent to create some Showtime lots, but it's not really a must have, as you say it has no real function.
    The carousel would probably be fun for the first few times, but then end up languishing in my bin forever.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    I've watched some YouTube videos of the carousel and I have a question, do the Sims ever ride the inner ring of it?

I mean if you look at the carousel there is an "outer" ring and an "inner" ring and I've never seen any Sims on the "inner ring" of it. Are they not able to ride there? Or is it just in the videos I've been watching there's not enough Sims to fill it up?
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited June 2014
    1) Sims teleport into the carousel. =[
    4) Only pink cotton candy.
    5) Plain popcorn?
    7) Re-skins of Smack-A-Gnome being classed as "Premium Content"!

The venue is beautiful and all but erm...tsk...quite disappointed with its functionality to be honest.
    Hello PeterTheSims3 :) You should be getting the 'Wheee!' moodlet from World of Wonder Carousel :wink:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2014
    Please allow me to address some of your musings...

(Yes... I'm in a silly mood)

I had several sims ride the carousel:

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Screenshot-54-7.jpg

My childish sim was the only one who got this moodlet:

dowg.jpg

I edited it a bit and put in a showtime stage. Also, my performers can just drag and drop their performance items from their inventories and perform for tips.

Screenshot-49-6.jpg

Screenshot-51-5.jpg

Screenshot-44-3.jpg

Screenshot-46-7.jpg

Screenshot-47-6.jpg

The tiny stage is MY FAVOURITE PART of the actual venue! I adore it! It reminds me of the magician stage from TS1 Magic Town. I'm definitely building a few more of these little babies! I thought it would be nice to have one in my park and I could use the seasonal lot marker to make a podium appear occasionally and my polititions could give a campaign speech, or a rebel could lead a protest, or my horticulturist could give an educational talk.

Anyway... MAGIC TIME!

Screenshot-63-4.jpg

I think you have to be a little bit creative with any content we get. The game is at an exciting point for me now because there are just so many options now!

I took the tents and made a wedding pavilion in my churchyard (this was my first attempt, I'm going to do it better next time)

Screenshot-67-4.jpg

Screenshot-66-4.jpg

Screenshot-64-7.jpg

I'm going to make my own circus but I was looking at the venue and thinking (with a little tinkering) it would make a great country fair!

Screenshot-34-5.jpg

Temple+Grandin+addresses+Kickapoo+Country+Fair,+4x6+72410.jpg

photo03.jpg

country-fair-07-066.jpg

DCF_Otterhounds-940x340.jpg

event2.jpeg

Which reminds me...

Can I get some bunting please Mr.C?

Anyhoo... I'm off to play my game now. If anyone would like my circus sims they are in my studio, I uploaded them on a lot so they should have all their skills, career levels and performance items. Ta ta! Toodle pip!
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited June 2014
    Useful tops Cinderelli! Thanks for sharing those pics and so on :) I am going to play with it today so these'll be good starters :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hello Cinderelli :) (^.^)/ *waves*
    I love what you have done with the new venue! :mrgreen: :thumbup:
    ٩(๑•◡•๑)۶ ⓁⓞⓋⒺ & ⒽⓤⒼⓈ
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    *waves back* Thanks Kate! I was just testing it really. I can't wait to really get cracking with it! I've been busy building my English Countryside world, I'm trying to get it to a point when I can release the first version. I'm only using Dragon Valley and Midnight Hollow at the moment so I'm really missing my store content. :cry:

I'm making the world for myself also, so I'm constantly trying to think about what else I'll add once I get my content back in. I left space for the Stone's Throw Greenhouse, a slightly larger lot so I could add more harvestables and maybe the tractor, but I look at that tent and think how nice it would be to have a flower show in summer! I'll have to give it a bigger lot! :XD:

I've also got quite a few lots that I'll build with the seasonal lot marker. Instead of having one festival lot, I'm thinking I'll have different festivals popping up on different lots each season. So I have a big field which will be empty for three or four seasons before the Midnight Hollow circus pops up in fall! :D And I'd like my church to have a harvest festival in the fall, and a wedding pavilion in summer, and something Christmassy in winter. Then I'd like events in my park throughout the year, and I'm going to either add the boardwalk to my beach or have a pier with a summer fairground. See... so many possibilities!!! :lol:

So I need to get the 'light' version finished and uploaded so I can work on the second version which will include more store content. I just have a lot of terrain sculpting left to do. :cry::cry::cry: It's not my strongest skill and because I'm pretty stressed it's something I just can't concentrate on at the moment. I also need to work on the terrain on another world. :? My exam's next week though so hopefully I'll be able to tackle it then. :D

Sorry... that was a bit of an outpouring of information! See what happens when I've not been in the forums as much as usual!? I store it all up and have outbursts! :oops: :lol:

@YJ...I can't wait to see what you get up to! Make sure you poke me on twitter! <3
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited June 2014
    Please allow me to address some of your musings...

(Yes... I'm in a silly mood)

I had several sims ride the carousel:

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Screenshot-54-7.jpg

My childish sim was the only one who got this moodlet:

dowg.jpg

I edited it a bit and put in a showtime stage. Also, my performers can just drag and drop their performance items from their inventories and perform for tips.

The tiny stage is MY FAVOURITE PART of the actual venue! I adore it! It reminds me of the magician stage from TS1 Magic Town. I'm definitely building a few more of these little babies! I thought it would be nice to have one in my park and I could use the seasonal lot marker to make a podium appear occasionally and my polititions could give a campaign speech, or a rebel could lead a protest, or my horticulturist could give an educational talk.

Anyway... MAGIC TIME!

I think you have to be a little bit creative with any content we get. The game is at an exciting point for me now because there are just so many options now!

I took the tents and made a wedding pavilion in my churchyard (this was my first attempt, I'm going to do it better next time)

Screenshot-67-4.jpg

Screenshot-66-4.jpg

Screenshot-64-7.jpg

I'm going to make my own circus but I was looking at the venue and thinking (with a little tinkering) it would make a great country fair!
    Which reminds me...

Can I get some bunting please Mr.C?

Anyhoo... I'm off to play my game now. If anyone would like my circus sims they are in my studio, I uploaded them on a lot so they should have all their skills, career levels and performance items. Ta ta! Toodle pip!

Hi Cinders <waves>

Ooh lots of inspirational pictures! I can't wait to get creating once today's shift is over!. I love your wedding pavilion shot.
    Thanks for sharing your circus sims I will grab those if I may <clicks to ransack cinders studio> 8)

Hugs
    Starby
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited June 2014
    Chimark wrote:
    I've watched some YouTube videos of the carousel and I have a question, do the Sims ever ride the inner ring of it?

I mean if you look at the carousel there is an "outer" ring and an "inner" ring and I've never seen any Sims on the "inner ring" of it. Are they not able to ride there? Or is it just in the videos I've been watching there's not enough Sims to fill it up?

They only seem to be able to ride on the outer ring but that's fine I am just pleased to have such a wonderful PC item. It's what made the whole set worth while to me personally :wink:
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinders, you've set my imagination on fire! I have a whole heap of ideas running through my head now... how can I get them all done IMMMEDIATELY? lol.

I love the wedding pavilion and your ideas for the little outside stage. Was it much trouble to expand the tent to fit the ST stage inside?
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited June 2014

Anyway... MAGIC TIME!

Screenshot-63-4.jpg

Hi cinderelli! Wonderful pics as always. :D How did you make this happen? Did you have him perform for tips here? And I love your ideas about the podium. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Hi Cinders <waves>

Ooh lots of inspirational pictures! I can't wait to get creating once today's shift is over!. I love your wedding pavilion shot.
    Thanks for sharing your circus sims I will grab those if I may <clicks to ransack cinders studio> 8)

Hugs
    Starby

Ransack freely, that's what it's there for! :D
    Cinders, you've set my imagination on fire! I have a whole heap of ideas running through my head now... how can I get them all done IMMMEDIATELY? lol.

I love the wedding pavilion and your ideas for the little outside stage. Was it much trouble to expand the tent to fit the ST stage inside?

I'm like that! Too much I want to do! I wish I had a real life relativity mod to slow time down.

I was a bit sad they hadn't left room for the showtime floor.

Screenshot-32-4.jpg

I bulldozed the steps and first bit of platform on each side, and the pillar in the centre. Then I put the steps back. It was a bit of a fiddle but it only took about five minutes.

Of course, the performers don't need the stage if you're playing them. You can just drag the items out of their inventory and place them anywhere, which is what I did in the pictures.

There's also a hidden smaller stage in game already (don't know why it's hidden) and there's a mod at Mod The Sims that unhides it. I don't have it but it's been available for a long time and I've never seen anyone complaining about it.
    Monet11 wrote:

Anyway... MAGIC TIME!

Screenshot-63-4.jpg

Hi cinderelli! Wonderful pics as always. :D How did you make this happen? Did you have him perform for tips here? And I love your ideas about the podium. :D

In that picture I'd dragged the Box of Danger out of his inventory and onto the stage. He wasn't performing for tips, I think I just got him to perform the stunt. (I think we might have to actually click on the performer to get the interaction to perform for tips).

It was a bit of a set-up to be honest because the sims were my active household. So I just clicked on them all and told them to sit down and be quiet! I dragged them away from the juice bar, which is what they're all complaining about! :lol:

Normally in that situation, when I want sims to sit and look like they're listening, I serve coffee and use Ani's 'Have coffee With Me' mod (also at MTS) to get the sims to come over.
  • Options
    SapphireDCMSapphireDCM Posts: 2,887 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm only disappointed in the popcorn and cotton candy although I'm still going to use it every chance I get. Definitely could've given us a few more flavors for each.

*edit* Oh I forgot about routing in the venue too. My sims got popcorn from the machine inside the tent. Instead of her sitting at one of the sofas inside the tent, she walked all the way outside. She was pregnant too so it seemed like she was never going to stop walking so she could finally enjoy the popcorn.
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited June 2014
    Dissiapointed?! :? The carousel alone is awesome! I am currently in the middle of building a amuesment park on a 64 x 64 lot and find I am running out of space with all the items I want to include!! :lol: With the rollercoaster from the Boardwalk, the HAB from Aurora Skies, and all the other various items from the different EP's and store sets my amuesemt park is going to be packed with things to do!! Also, those tents are perfect to place a Showtime performace stage (exactly what I am doing in my amusement park). Did you see Cinderelli's pics?!?! (Great pics by the way!!) You are only limited by your imagination...... :wink:
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    At least they don't eat the popcorn with a fork :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited June 2014

Screenshot-32-4.jpg

I bulldozed the steps and first bit of platform on each side, and the pillar in the centre. Then I put the steps back. It was a bit of a fiddle but it only took about five minutes.

Of course, the performers don't need the stage if you're playing them. You can just drag the items out of their inventory and place them anywhere, which is what I did in the pictures.

There's also a hidden smaller stage in game already (don't know why it's hidden) and there's a mod at Mod The Sims that unhides it. I don't have it but it's been available for a long time and I've never seen anyone complaining about it.
    Monet11 wrote:

Anyway... MAGIC TIME!

Screenshot-63-4.jpg

In that picture I'd dragged the Box of Danger out of his inventory and onto the stage. He wasn't performing for tips, I think I just got him to perform the stunt. (I think we might have to actually click on the performer to get the interaction to perform for tips).

It was a bit of a set-up to be honest because the sims were my active household. So I just clicked on them all and told them to sit down and be quiet! I dragged them away from the juice bar, which is what they're all complaining about! :lol:

Normally in that situation, when I want sims to sit and look like they're listening, I serve coffee and use Ani's 'Have coffee With Me' mod (also at MTS) to get the sims to come over.

Ok I understand. I think I've seen that stage in my game but I'm not sure. I did pop over to look for the mod. But I couldn't find it. And now I believe it's all your fault that I downloaded 5 mods that have nothing to do with what I was looking for. :lol: All those buyable resort table mods and... oh wait...all those mods I downloaded had something to do with food. :oops: I think it must be lunch time. :lol:
  • Options
    emmiemouseemmiemouse Posts: 155 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for the AMAZING pics and inspirational ideas Cinderellimouse! :) I don't have Showtime yet ...but your pics have made me want to go out and buy it... then the venue. Ugh - that's about $40 total. If EA were smart, they'd bundle it into an Expansion and sell the whole kit and kaboodle plus the Cirque outfits. ;) It really is a world all it's own.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Monet11, I don't have the link right now but if I stumble across it again I'll let you know. For some reason I think I found it when looking at the CAW forum there. :?

emmiemouse, that's a good idea! Those things would make a really nice bundle!
  • Options
    mrln420mrln420 Posts: 577 Member
    edited June 2014
    Monet11 wrote:

Screenshot-32-4.jpg

Monet11 wrote:

Anyway... MAGIC TIME!

Screenshot-63-4.jpg

Ok I understand. I think I've seen that stage in my game but I'm not sure. I did pop over to look for the mod. But I couldn't find it. And now I believe it's all your fault that I downloaded 5 mods that have nothing to do with what I was looking for. :lol: All those buyable resort table mods and... oh wait...all those mods I downloaded had something to do with food. :oops: I think it must be lunch time. :lol:
    I found it searched in mods then typed in the search box.
    Here is the link.
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=414895
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Chimark wrote:
    At least they don't eat the popcorn with a fork :mrgreen:
    :lol::lol:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited June 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    Dissiapointed?! :? The carousel alone is awesome! I am currently in the middle of building a amuesment park on a 64 x 64 lot and find I am running out of space with all the items I want to include!! :lol: With the rollercoaster from the Boardwalk, the HAB from Aurora Skies, and all the other various items from the different EP's and store sets my amuesemt park is going to be packed with things to do!! Also, those tents are perfect to place a Showtime performace stage (exactly what I am doing in my amusement park). Did you see Cinderelli's pics?!?! (Great pics by the way!!) You are only limited by your imagination...... :wink:

Ooh goody! Do you think you'll be uploading it, Tiki?

I too am really enjoying this venue so far - soooo many possibilities and ways of making it such a fun place for our Simmies to hang out :D
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited June 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:

Ooh goody! Do you think you'll be uploading it, Tiki?

I too am really enjoying this venue so far - soooo many possibilities and ways of making it such a fun place for our Simmies to hang out :D

:D Yes, I do plan on uploading when I am done! I am just fiddling with the rollercoaster a bit. The scaffolding that holds it takes up too much room! I need space, lots of space for all the stuff I want to include! :lol: I want to make sure our simmies have a good time when they visit! :mrgreen:
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited June 2014
    If you're not overly attached to realism you can remove the underparts of the coaster after you build it.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    IzziebelleIzziebelle Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited June 2014
    If you really wanted to-you could put up the tent pieces around a home and pretend their doing Asbestos Abatement or spraying pesticides :D