Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Drama Cycle One: WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!!!

cheerio517cheerio517 Posts: 817 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
296gkz6.jpg

Hi everyone! I was planning to host this in a few weeks, but I was impatient! Anyway, about the comp: Drama is a new fashion competition, all about the dramatic side of couture. There will be 10 assignments this cycle, ranging from advertisements to pictorials to fantasy. This is my first comp, so I hope you all will consider joining!

This is an elimination competition, and this cycle we will be accepting up to 12 models. If more sign up, the mock will be elimination. Signups will be open until May 31.

I can't wait to see everybody's beautiful models!

107p9tu.jpg
No negativity or rudeness of any kind.
Models must be YA females.
CC and pose player are highly recommended.
Editing is allowed and recommended.
3 extensions will be granted per model, lasting 1-2 days. Extensions must be requested at least 12 hours in advance.
Late assignments will be given a point deduction unless otherwise decided by the host.
Assignments will last 7 days.
No face plastering or photo-skinning.
Deadlines are at midnight EST on the due date.
If you think you may drop, don't sign up.
Be creative and have fun!

14cbn79.jpg
The winner will receive:
A snazzy signature
A four page spread in Just Sims Magazine
An interview in Just Sims Magazine
A lookbook magazine of all their assignments

The runner up will receive:
A snazzy signature
A two page spread in Just Sims Magazine
An interview in Just Sims Magazine

The third place finalist will receive:
A snazzy signature
A photo featured in Just Sims Magazine

2mmy0hz.jpg

10d9vyq.jpg

Needs to check in:

Checked in:
34hfo9g_th.jpg140f0no_th.jpg

Assignment in:

Extensions:
Bjorn 1
Mizzie 1
Samm 2
Eli 1
Clover 2
Riki 1
Ava 2

352nbjl.jpg

24y7gk9.jpg1zfr31s.jpg
hvv6th.jpg
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2014
    250mmq9.jpg
    Assignment 8: Fantasy Couture

Finale! So this week, I want to see a fantasy photo! This must be a super high fashion photo with a detailed outfit and background. Your model should look stunning and fantastical, and the entire photo should give an ethereal vibe. Fantasy can mean mythical creatures, magical styling, and pretty much anything your imagination can create! I can't wait to see what you two come up with!

Requirements
    Fantasy setting and styling
    Detailed set
    High fashion styling
    Fantasy elements
    Full Bodyshot

Example Photo:
    090312_2144_FantasyFash1.jpg

September 26, 12 am EST
    Single Elimination Round

156a9o0.jpg

Scoring for this competition will use the rubric below to rank each photo. The competitor who's photo comes in last will be eliminated, unless there is a drop or no show.

Scoring Rubric

Quality /5
    Fashion appeal /15
    Composition /10
    Creativity /10
    Requirements /5
    Judge's choice /5

Total /50

Scoring Information:

Quality- Your score for quality is partly about graphics. I know some users don't have the best graphics cards/computers, and the we will take that into account, but things like lighting, in-game settings and light editing can make a world of difference. Quality isn't just about graphics, though, it also is about effort. Does your photo look thrown together, or thought out?

Fashion appeal
    - Fashion appeal is the largest part of the scoring rubric, because this is a fashion comp. Even assignments like fantasy should look like they belong in a magazine. Fashion appeal includes your model's pose, styling, and outfit.

Composition- Photo composition includes setting, lighting, and the overall appearance. Is everything in your photo off to one side? Is your background cohesive? These are the types of things judges will look at when giving you your composition score.

Creativity- Is your photo unique and outside of the box? The assignments only give what is required, the rest is up to you. So adding something extra to your photo will really boost your creativity score. Creativity applies to every aspect of your photo. This means your styling, setting, and overall idea will be part of the creativity score.

Requirements- Requirements don't need much explaining. They are listed clearly in the assignment, so follow them! They will usually be pretty simple, so following them will hopefully not be an issue.

Judge's choice- This will be an extra few points that will reflect the judges' basic opinions of the your photo. You obviously can't know everything about the judges' personal tastes, so to score highly here, just do your best to add that extra something to your photo.

2djxver.jpg

Clover with Lissie Berstraud
    bhlnd0.jpg

Ava with Isabella Laurence
    ElsaFairy_zpsa3e663a8.png
    Post edited by cheerio517 on
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    rhpf13.jpg
    O_O it's the results. Of the finale.

No pressure.

Any-who, I have had so much fun hosting this competition, and Clover and Ava, you have been great competitors, as have the rest of the original contestants. It was a close round, and both photos were beautiful.
    So let's find out who won!

1st Place
    Ava with Isabella Laurence
    Your Lookbook Magazine
    288b28z.jpg
    Total: 97/100
    f44m8i.jpg
    quality: 5/5
    fashion appeal: 14/15
    composition: 10/10
    creativity: 10/10
    requirements: 5/5
    judge's choice: 5/5

total: 49/50

Ava, I cannot believe how much you've improved throughout this competition. This is a gorgeous photo. That dress is so pretty, and it looks great on Isabella. An ice fairy was such a creative route for this assignment, and you executed it perfectly. My only complaint is the hair, it makes her head look huge and it's sort of an awkward style. Otherwise this is such beautiful photo. You have come so far since the first assignment, and I'm glad you finished with such a stunning photo. Amazing job!
    1075a1d_th.jpg
    Quality 5/5
    Fashion appeal 15/15
    Composition 10/10
    Creativity 8/10
    Requirements 5/5
    Judge's choice 5/5
    Total 48/50
    Well, well, well, What a Fantastic Photo! I love Ava here, her dress is very Fashionable yet Fantastical at the same time. The pose you chose really flatters the dress and the gorgeous body of Ava, she really shines here. Her hair is another great point to mention here too, She really does look stunning. My only thing here is the set, although somewhat detailed, It is a bit washed out with all the color white in everything, but is detailed enough to be a ‘detailed set’, however it would have been nice to see you add some more elements to it. I think ‘Fairy’ was a good choice for your Fantasy Elements requirement; she looks adorable as a winter/snow/ice fairy. You might have gone a bit over-kill with the sparkles though, maybe erase some of the ones that were on top of Ava to give them the appearance they were circling her, rather than on top of her. I absolutely love this photo, Congrats, it’s one to really be proud of!

2nd Place
    Clover with Lissie Berstraud
    hs5do3.jpg
    Total: 90/100
    f44m8i.jpg
    quality: 4/5
    fashion appeal: 15/15
    composition: 8/10
    creativity: 9/10
    requirements: 5/5
    judge's choice: 5/5

total: 46/50

Lissie probably looks the best she ever has in this competition. Really, she is stunning. Even though that old cazy hair is pretty awful quality, the headdress helps. And that pose! Where did you get it, it's gorgeous! I have really no complaints here, your styling and the body markings are perfect, the setting is great, and the whole photo has an awesome, enchanting feel. I'm so glad you were able to complete this competition, your photos every week have been beautiful, and you have accomplished so much. Awesome finale photo!
    1075a1d_th.jpg
    Quality 4/5
    Fashion appeal 13/15
    Composition 8/10
    Creativity 9/10
    Requirements 5/5
    Judge's choice 5/5
    Total 44/50
    I love all the colors, and the earthy vibe here! I have this dress, and from experience, it is hard to use, but I think you did well in choosing a pose that worked with it rather than against it. I think the setting is ok, although the background is detailed, I think you might have been able to use it better, with a different pose interacting with the setting, or some creative use of objects or something to fill some of the empty space around Lissie. But even with the styling of your model and the background, nothing really screams fantasy, it is mildly Fantastical, but I think for the finale it should have been over the top and clearly fantasy. Also you need to really watch the edges of you model, as you have been missing some of the choppy-ness left over from cutting out, her left arm and the bottom of the legs really show it. But I must say, the colors you chose are enchanting, it was a beautiful shade of red/pink and it really goes well with the green, and this is a lovely photo, Lissie rocks everything you put on her!
    Post edited by cheerio517 on
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Mock Posted!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Options
    munchkinprincessmunchkinprincess Posts: 1,212 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I shall wait to see the mock then decide since I'm not quite sure what you mean by dramatic side of it.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @Ayana: The dramatic part just basically means your photos should be eye-catching and fashionable. Hope you decide to join!
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Options
    IncomingVirusIncomingVirus Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited May 2014
    So glad it's not due too soon! Was waiting for this but I am in so many comps already. :mrgreen:

Please reserve me. Will be using my favourite model this. :P :mrgreen:
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    munchkinprincessmunchkinprincess Posts: 1,212 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Awesome, I shall think about it :)
  • Options
    Mhamilton0911Mhamilton0911 Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited May 2014
    i shall officially state i would LOVE to judge this! I should have my judging app in in a couple hours..... but you already knew that! 8)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Reserved Vi!

Sounds good, Ayana, and I can't wait to see your app Maggie!
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Options
    peterpunch2000peterpunch2000 Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited May 2014
    Why you tempt me so much? :lol:
    16449922485_0e98556039_o.png
  • Options
    TayTay4899TayTay4899 Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited May 2014
    This looks fun, I just don't have the time to compete in another competition. :) I'll be lurking though, unless you need another judge. :XD:
    SIggie_zpsteudom1n.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Feel free to apply, Tay, it can't hurt! Hope you decide to join Pep!
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Judging application form:

Username- mhamilton0911
    Preferred Name- Maggie
    Contact- email
    Experience- none, but ya gotta start somewhere!

Headshot on black background

14021247247_12b1e24147_b.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Great Maggie! I'm going to wait a while to see if anyone else will apply before I announce the judge, but I'll put your name in the possibles!
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Options
    infinitemasoninfinitemason Posts: 307 Member
    edited May 2014
    Well I have been looking for a place to use my new model...

I may join closer to the mock due date. It just depends if I'm still in Primadonna or not when the due date arrives.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    of course! and i'll lurk like mad even if i'm not a judge! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    jewittalexjewittalex Posts: 2,789 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Reserve me please.
  • Options
    datscoolestdatscoolest Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited May 2014
    Plz reserve me! I should have my app up in a few days!
    I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they're like:

"what are you doing here?"

and I'm like:

"oh, you know, hunting elephants"

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Reserved :mrgreen:
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Options
    BeanWantaBurgerBeanWantaBurger Posts: 96 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Hey everyone! This will be my first time trying a modeling cycle thing. Haha :P, Sorry if the pics are a little big!

Username- BeanWantaBurger
    Preferred Name- Bean/Beanie
    Model's Name- Jane Plain
    Headshot: model1_zpse582fedf.jpg
    Bodyshot: model2_zps33f08424.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hi Beanie! Glad you decided to join. Your model looks gorgeous, but I'll have to ask you to redo your bodyshot. Your bodyshot needs to include your model's entire body, not just the hips up. I'll include this on the front page to make it more clear.
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    cheerio517 wrote:
    Hi Beanie! Glad you decided to join. Your model looks gorgeous, but I'll have to ask you to redo your bodyshot. Your bodyshot needs to include your model's entire body, not just the hips up. I'll include this on the front page to make it more clear.

Okay! Sorry about that! Here ya go :)

dfss_zps8b9fe265.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Great Bean! :-)
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    cheerio517 wrote:
    Great Bean! :-)

Aww, thank you! Already working on the modeling thing due in June haha :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Question: if I use the same pose in the next competition, would that take points off? Because the pic I just took was pretty good, but I used the same pose. ***** :P

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top