Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Before the Sims 4 is released...

What are some things in The Sims 3 you haven't done but want to do before The Sims 4 comes out?

I know that when it comes out I will either put The Sims 3 on the back burner for a long time, or like I did with The Sims 2, completely stop playing it and be a total change over to the newest game.

One thing I plan to do before The Sims 4 comes out that I have NEVER done in The Sims 3 is to play the Goths and follow their story through to having Cassandra and Alex!

Tell me what you haven't done in the sims 3 yet but will do before The Sims 4 consumes your life :D

Comments

• Options
    Ze_Blue_PandaZe_Blue_Panda Posts: 351 Member
    edited May 2014
    I have never finished a legacy nor a challenge I always stop around generation 3 or 5 and forget and start all over again.

Right now I'm trying to complete the 100 baby challenge, my sim has four boys so far.
  • Options
    Rhian2005Rhian2005 Posts: 611 Member
    edited May 2014
    I have never finished a legacy nor a challenge I always stop around generation 3 or 5 and forget and start all over again.

Right now I'm trying to complete the 100 baby challenge, my sim has four boys so far.

I'm also doing the 100 baby challenge on one of my saves :) I'm up to gen 4 with 61 babies. I started in Jan :'(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2014
    Rhian2005 wrote:
    What are some things in The Sims 3 you haven't done but want to do before The Sims 4 comes out?

I know that when it comes out I will either put The Sims 3 on the back burner for a long time, or like I did with The Sims 2, completely stop playing it and be a total change over to the newest game.

One thing I plan to do before The Sims 4 comes out that I have NEVER done in The Sims 3 is to play the Goths and follow their story through to having Cassandra and Alex!

Tell me what you haven't done in the sims 3 yet but will do before The Sims 4 consumes your life :D

Well my sims have never rode a ferris wheel and I'm hopeful were going to get a ferris wheel from the store before ts3 is done and the store closes.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Rhian2005 wrote:

Well my sims have never rode a ferris wheel and I'm hopeful were going to get a ferris wheel from the store before ts3 is done and the store closes.

I quite like a lot of the store content although I can't afford most of it I have given in and bought a few things like the playpen and walker, and the pizza oven in the sets. I love these items so much! I will buy the bakery set before the store closes also, I'd love to bake my own birthday cakes. It's a very cute idea. But yeah if there was a Ferris wheel store item released that would be pretty cool!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2014
    Rhian2005 wrote:
    Rhian2005 wrote:

I quite like a lot of the store content although I can't afford most of it I have given in and bought a few things like the playpen and walker, and the pizza oven in the sets. I love these items so much! I will buy the bakery set before the store closes also, I'd love to bake my own birthday cakes. It's a very cute idea. But yeah if there was a Ferris wheel store item released that would be pretty cool!

Prehaps you could sign this petition. Simguru Copeland has bookmarked it. It's a petition for more carnival rides.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/738775.page
  • Options
    raybigbearraybigbear Posts: 369 Member
    edited May 2014
    I never played the ghost hunter profession, now that I think about it.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    edited May 2014
    I want to my explorer sim to get to level 3 visa level at all three world locations and then buy a house in each place.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    Slippy64653Slippy64653 Posts: 464 Member
    edited May 2014
    I am trying to do my legacy challenge. On Generation Three and can't find anyone without pudding face so I really want to add in my own sims to the town so they can donate their genes to the cause :P
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I am trying to do my legacy challenge. On Generation Three and can't find anyone without pudding face so I really want to add in my own sims to the town so they can donate their genes to the cause :P

Haha I've done this a few times. Need to add some variety!
  • Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited May 2014
    I can't even enjoy playing Sims 3 anymore. Every time I try to explore all the tombs in World Adventures, my game takes a c.rap on me and I have to start all over. Sometimes, if I haven't backed up the most current save, I have to start the game over from the start. All my Sims with their high social status and maxed out skills are gone, my saved neighborhoods are gone...

I want to be able to complete some sort of challenge without my game going kaput. When Sims 4 comes out, I'll probably end up just messing with the Goths and having proper family generations again.
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

• Options
    astrothief42astrothief42 Posts: 76
    edited May 2014
    I'm hoping to finish any of the 3 or 4 (?) legacies I have started. I'm so bad with continuing things I've stopped.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited May 2014
    To get past 1 generation...... I get bored of my sims so easily in the sims 3, i am constantly deleting them and starting again. Creating my sims and building seem so much more fun than playing them!
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited May 2014
    I was like that with Sims 2, I put on Sims 3, thought it boring and put 2 back on, then a week later, put Sims 3 back on and started getting into it a little more, before I knew it I liked how the Sims 3 simmies looked over the Sims 2 ones and yaah, Sims 2 got left behind, but with Sims 4, I'm a little more suspicious as I don't really like the look of their arms and legs, they look too play doughy for me, so really it is up to how the game play is, if its like Sims 2 and a lot better than Sims 3, then yes, I'll go ahead with Sims 4, but if its boring then Sims 3 will be on my computer a little bit longer. I really hope though that the game is great, as this is the fourth generation and it should be a step ahead of Sims 3, IMO. :-)
  • Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited May 2014
    I very much a agree with 2011simone, that is how I play Sims 3, get my sims pregnant after they get their skills up, then they have the baby, then I get bored with them and move onto a another Sim!!! :wink:
  • Options
    Qpoodles88Qpoodles88 Posts: 32 Member
    edited May 2014
    Rhian2005 wrote:

I hope that the store doesn't close for a long time, since I will probably continue to play Sims 3 and have quite a bit of store content....that I hope I don't repeat for Sims 4 because that DLC ain't cheap!!! :evil:
  • Options
    howahkan319howahkan319 Posts: 213 Member
    edited May 2014
    Rhian2005 wrote:

What I REALLY want to do but probably won't is buy TS2 in it's entirety and play through it again. I haven't played in years and that's where most of my fond memories lay.
  • Options
    mrsyabosmrsyabos Posts: 223 Member
    edited May 2014
    2011simone wrote:
    To get past 1 generation...... I get bored of my sims so easily in the sims 3, i am constantly deleting them and starting again. Creating my sims and building seem so much more fun than playing them!

Same here! And then by the time I finish building their house it's like...welp now I have to go spend time with live people :lol: Then I go back to play and I'm like...meh, I'll just start over. I lose interest too easily now!

• Options
    wooters2014wooters2014 Posts: 186 Member
    edited May 2014
    2011simone wrote:

Ha ha, i do that an awful lot too, love creating sims and building them a house but can only usually play them for a day or two before i start all over again. I've never played the sims 2 but i think i might get it as i heard you could play that one for hours