The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Won't There Be Underwear and Swimwear?

They were conspicuously absent from the video.

I hope now that they can have these amazing bodies, they can show off!

And, come on, pools are a The Sims staple. I cannot imagine a base game shipping without pools. :)

Comments

• Options
    Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    edited May 2014
    Wait for E3 boy!
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited May 2014
    Azarinop2 wrote:
    Wait for E3 boy!

But shouldn't those categories show up at CAS?
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited May 2014
    I noticed this too. I wonder if underwear is going to be combined with sleepwear again. I could not spot the swimwear category. I wonder if we will be able to pick the underwear per outfit or if we can have a Sim walk around without any underwear under their outfit because not everyone wears underwear.

I was also hoping for an outerwear category. Even if we don't get weather in the beginning, I would like to pretend until we do.
  • Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited May 2014
    2qty8hu.jpg

Looks like drawls to me! ;) I'm sure they just didn't add it in, or it could be under the sock category.
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    edited May 2014
    Since it looks like they've organized everything, maybe there's a swimwear tab under the athletic section?

I'm so glad to see the CAS organized. I really hope the other categories are broken down too so we can sort shorts from skirts and long pants, etc. It'll make it so much easier to put together new outfits.

:D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    2qty8hu.jpg

Looks like drawls to me! ;) I'm sure they just didn't add it in, or it could be under the sock category.

That's a legging, pantyhose category. That item is a dark pantyhose. The "model" sim has underwear because they wouldn't have the "model" naked.
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm completely into dudes, but Bella was smokin' hot! Seriously! Those curves (which could potentially look fake) seemed to fit the bill. I just hope I don't see too many townies running around with maxed out sliders, like the TS3: LN bouncers >.< That was unnatural...

So I'm waiting to see if they add underwear as a separate category, but they'll 99% add swimwear (they have pools, right?).
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    pguida wrote:
    2qty8hu.jpg

That's a legging, pantyhose category. That item is a dark pantyhose. The "model" sim has underwear because they wouldn't have the "model" naked.

Wow, I just realized the significance of this. We can put leggings on our sims underneath their shorts or skirts or short dresses WITHOUT it being the actual style of the shorts (or whatever) like it is now.

If they've gone even further and put jackets and vests separate, that would be AWESOME!!!

We could layer our sims clothes making the outfits much more personalizable (is that even a word?) and versatile. :P
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    A_Mom wrote:
    Wow, I just realized the significance of this. We can put leggings on our sims underneath their shorts or skirts or short dresses WITHOUT it being the actual style of the shorts (or whatever) like it is now.

Yes.

A_Mom wrote:
    If they've gone even further and put jackets and vests separate, that would be AWESOME!!!

We could layer our sims clothes making the outfits much more personalizable (is that even a word?) and versatile. :P

All jackets we've seem seem to be part of the top, not separate.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    pguida wrote:
    A_Mom wrote:

All jackets we've seem seem to be part of the top, not separate.

Darn! :?
  • Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited May 2014
    Do you guys really think they'd have a sock category full of socks but won't give sims underwear? Come on now. :roll: Just because you didn't see it in the trailer doesn't mean it won't be in the game and visa versa. There's the sleepwear at the top and I'm positive if you click on it you will get sleepwear chock full of panties and such just like in TS3.
  • Options
    lanadelsimlanadelsim Posts: 136 Member
    edited May 2014
    Maybe the swimwear is part of athletic since swimming is technically a sport!
  • Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited May 2014
    Do you guys really think they'd have a sock category full of socks but won't give sims underwear? Come on now. :roll: Just because you didn't see it in the trailer doesn't mean it won't be in the game and visa versa. There's the sleepwear at the top and I'm positive if you click on it you will get sleepwear chock full of panties and such just like in TS3.

You do have a point... I must admit that I was worried about not having a swimwear category too, but there was this label floating around:
    voom0m.jpgSo we could take it as they are not showing everything at once now. :?
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2014
    I think they mean if there will be a separate category from sleepwear or not, like in TS2. :)
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited May 2014
    A_Mom wrote:
    Since it looks like they've organized everything, maybe there's a swimwear tab under the athletic section?

I'm so glad to see the CAS organized. I really hope the other categories are broken down too so we can sort shorts from skirts and long pants, etc. It'll make it so much easier to put together new outfits.

:D

You know what, that actually makes perfect sense! I did notice how organized they were, so maybe that's what they're doing. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    lanadelsim wrote:
    Maybe the swimwear is part of athletic since swimming is technically a sport!
    This wouldn't make sense since none of the other categories has sub categories for one outfit. They just created more sorters for the same outfit. It does look like the game lets you have more than one outfit for a category like in The Sims 3.

It would be a pain in the butt to have to change the Sim into swimwear each time they went to the pool otherwise they would be jumping into the pool in their workout outfit. I would rather have swimwear be a category instead of a sub category.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It would be a pain in the butt to have to change the Sim into swimwear each time they went to the pool otherwise they would be jumping into the pool in their workout outfit. I would rather have swimwear be a sub category.

If we don't have a swimwear category, how would the game change the sims intio swimwear?
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited May 2014
    more info will come. seems like you want to know EVERYTHING at once. swimwear and underwear was in TS2 and TS3. I didn't play TS1 I wouldn't know unfortunately.

there is another build video coming; E3. we'll know more soon I'm sure.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    pguida wrote:
    It would be a pain in the butt to have to change the Sim into swimwear each time they went to the pool otherwise they would be jumping into the pool in their workout outfit. I would rather have swimwear be a sub category.

If we don't have a swimwear category, how would the game change the sims intio swimwear?
    It wouldn't be a category like underwear isn't a category in The Sims 3. Underwear is under sleepwear in The Sims 3. Without them being separate categories, the player would have to switch the clothing options each time they wanted their character to jump in a pool (if pools are included) or hop on a treadmill.
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited May 2014
    Here's a pic from the previous video of underwear...I have yet to find swimear, though...or even pools, which is worrying.

the-sim-4-personalizacao.jpg

I have a feeling they've just consolidated some of the categories like in TS3. I'm hoping they have sub-categories within them, though...*fingers crossed*
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Here's a pic from the previous video of underwear...I have yet to find swimear, though...or even pools, which is worrying.

the-sim-4-personalizacao.jpg

I have a feeling they've just consolidated some of the categories like in TS3. I'm hoping they have sub-categories within them, though...*fingers crossed*
    If there is no swimwear that also means there won't be any hot tubs in the base game.
  • Options
    KyationeKyatione Posts: 187 Member
    edited May 2014
    Why is everyone so unnecessarily stressed out over the lack of a swimwear icon in the video. It doesn't mean that CAS has been finalized as yet.

By the way, in the stylized looks section I noticed that there is an extra slot at the end of the tab right after the party balloon icon. They could be going to put the swimwear there for all we know. Check out the arrow in the pic.
    10303301_711099248932991_9191254695887121459_n.jpg

And Sims base games have always been accommodating. Like in Sims 3 when we got Seasons, the wardrobe tabs were updated to include Outerwear and there was enough space to include it too. If you look back on the picture you can see that the green rectangle has space to hold even a couple more tabs (1 at least and 2 at most it looks like).

So cheer up guys!! :D

P.S. - I'm sorry my picture quality isn't so great. It's the first time I've tried inserting a picture into my comments and boy was it hard. I had to rack my brain trying to think of a creative way to get it in to show you guys what I mean.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    edited May 2014
    you do realize that those underwear could also quickly substitute for swimwear?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited May 2014
    If you look above the clothing images there is a sun icon, a tie icon, a soccer ball icon, a moon icon, and a party gallon icon.

I'm pretty sure underwear would fall into the sleep wear icon (moon) just like it was in Sims 3. As for swimsuits I am with others that it likely has been combined with athletic. I can't see them removing swimming pools and swimming.
  • Options
    Ze_Blue_PandaZe_Blue_Panda Posts: 351 Member
    edited May 2014
    We'll just have to wait and see. The game isn't finished yet.