Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Food in Town Help! (Plus other opportunities I don't know the name of)

Hello! I was wondering if anyone else had this problem with the Best Food in Town opportunity for celebrity Sims!

For some reason, ever since I installed Pets and Island Paradise I cannot complete the opportunity! I'll get the phone call on my Sim's phone, and it'll say I have to eat at the restaurant. I click the restaurant and try to eat at it 'Alone.' Usually, the option is gold and not blue. Now, it's just blue! This hasn't happened to me before!

I was researching this, and I think it may have something to do with the combined rabbit hole thing. I also had an opportunity at the City Hall and I could not complete it. I would click 'Help' in the pull-up menu (the one where it usually tells you what you must do; above your wishes), and it would send her to the City Hall. When she came out, no popup would show saying that I have completed the opportunity, as well as with the Best Food in Town.

Screenshots:

http://gyazo.com/062a4d12187feb9fa60a589424419182 <-- It clearly says Eat at Restaurant.

BUT!

http://gyazo.com/9be4a5cdfa3e2a73f9076c0058bb82c8 <-- It's not gold! Just blue! And when I do eat there, it doesn't continue with the opportunity. It's like I never did it :shock:

Is there a way to fix this? Or a way around it? I've tried resetting my Sim; should I try resetting the lot that the restaurant is on, too? I don't want to mess anything up! Thank you all for your time :)

Comments

• Options
    DezmeriaDezmeria Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited May 2014
    I've had the same issue. My fix? Delete the quest.

There is no downside to not doing a quest when it when pops-up. Eventually you'll get the same opportunity again.

Good Luck! :D
  • Options
    leckyloo320leckyloo320 Posts: 30 Member
    edited May 2014
    Dezmeria wrote:
    I've had the same issue. My fix? Delete the quest.

There is no downside to not doing a quest when it when pops-up. Eventually you'll get the same opportunity again.

Good Luck! :D

Thanks! I tried discarding it, and I got the same thing the next day. It still didn't work! I guess it must be something wrong with the patch... I don't remember this ever happening before.
  • Options
    CayziCayzi Posts: 402 Member
    edited May 2014
    Are you sure your eating at the right restaurant? Since there's always a bistro and a diner. Does either rabbit hole have the blue bubble with the star indicating an opportunity to do there?
    I've never had a problem completing that opportunity.
    LE45tmE.png
  • Options
    leckyloo320leckyloo320 Posts: 30 Member
    edited May 2014
    CarlyfinnP wrote:
    Are you sure your eating at the right restaurant? Since there's always a bistro and a diner. Does either rabbit hole have the blue bubble with the star indicating an opportunity to do there?
    I've never had a problem completing that opportunity.

I'm pretty sure. The indicated rabbit hole does have a blue circle with the white star on it :) I haven't tried it in a while, my Sims 3 now keeps crashing for some reason! The struggle D:
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited May 2014
    I've had that opportunity in both Bridgeport and Moonlight Falls (both have combined bistro/corporate tower rabbit holes) and have never been able to complete it. I haven't played a celebrity in a town with a separate bistro rabbit hole. I think the solution is to replace the dual rabbit holes with separate ones.

I did that in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for the school/stadium lot. Now with a separate stadium and school I can finally send teens and kids to the the Generation badge/recital ceremonies.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited May 2014
    It's the combined rabbitholes. They don't work for completing opportunities. They never have, and EA has never fixed it. The only solution is to remove the building from the lot and replace it with a single-use rabbithole building from the community build menu. Bulldozing and replacing the building didn't work for me, you have to delete the building itself. Go to edit town, click on the lot and choose to edit the lot. Grab the building with your mouse and drag it away to delete it just like anything else you delete in build or buy. Find the building shell in the community build objects library, and put in on the lot. You will have to place buildings for the other previous uses of that lot on other lots. I haven't done this myself, because I got so tired of dealing with Monte Vista, where I first encountered the issue, that I have no desire to play there again. But this is what others have said must be done.