May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All my CC, Store downloads, just disappeared after installing the world Midnight Hollow! Please help

I don't know what has happened. I installed the world last night and in the launcher it said it was complete and I turned off my computer afterwards. And now it's morning and it's like I have the sims 3 + expansions I have but NONE of the custom content either from mods or the store. None of it is showing up.

But in my sims 3 folders on my finder(yea, on a Mac), the installed worlds show the world I downloaded, it shows my CC in the packages folder, as well as my saved sims and saved games.

But in the main menu when I launch the sims game, it's acting as if I'm playing for the first time, it even took my to a tutorial and I have no saved games showing up there.

How do I fix this? I want my mods to work and I want my store content to show up, I just paid for new stuff and I want to play it. It's ridiculous that there always has to be a problem with this game.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    TinaMaxisTinaMaxis Posts: 306 Member
    edited May 2014
    Also all my saved games are gone, like I'm starting from scratch.

I think the sims game is for some reason not recognizing the files/folders it has in "My Documents" where all the saved games and custom content are kept.

How do I reconnect the folder to the game?

Thanks!
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited May 2014
    sorry tina i cant help with mac issues - see if this mac help thread is useful
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/658546.page

good luck
  • Options
    TinaMaxisTinaMaxis Posts: 306 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thanks. I just reinstalled Into the Future and it fixed it, all my store downloads and saved ITF families were back! Thank you for your reply though, I appreciate it!