Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bistro Oven Question

Okay so I was rather ecstatic to learn that the individual oven is now available. My question is: If I get the individual oven, will they enable me to set the menus out? Like if I want to run it like a Bistro, but I don't want the venue?
tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited April 2014
    Okay so I was rather ecstatic to learn that the individual oven is now available. My question is: If I get the individual oven, will they enable me to set the menus out? Like if I want to run it like a Bistro, but I don't want the venue?

I have no idea. The menu appears as a separate object in the stoves category.

I'd suspect you'd need to read what it says in the description of the oven.
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited April 2014
    My assumption is that since the oven is the PC, it comes with the menus. If it doesn't, then it isn't really PC, right? That's what I think, anyway.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited April 2014
    tamalinn wrote:
    My assumption is that since the oven is the PC, it comes with the menus. If it doesn't, then it isn't really PC, right? That's what I think, anyway.

I had a look at the oven after I posted above and in the description it gives info for the oven and for the menu so they must be together.
  • Options
    IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for your replies :)

Hmmm... Decisions Decisions... (lol). Heck, I might still get it and take the risk.
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yes, because the function is tied to the objects itself, not the venue.

Venues are just there to "feature" the objects and give players a "quicker" way to use the objects without having to build from the ground up.

Since the menu and the oven are part of one single premium content set, you can set the menu with or without the venue.
  • Options
    IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    edited April 2014
    Awesome! Thanks AznSensei! I kinda suspected as such, however my luck would have been that I brought it and then was disappointed.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yes I can confirm the stove works alone. I had a wealthy snobby Sim who had her own personal chef. She set the menus in her own mansion and the cook came and took her order and made her food.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited April 2014
    Chimark wrote:
    Yes I can confirm the stove works alone. I had a wealthy snobby Sim who had her own personal chef. She set the menus in her own mansion and the cook came and took her order and made her food.

I've been using the oven in my University Life dorms -- I have two tables that seat 4 and have menus, then a single long table that's open so Sims can grab their own meals and sit, or have a place to use their laptops or study. I set the open hours for 11 am till 9pm, which I figure covers lunch and late dinner for those students who aren't done with class till 6pm; it's easy to grab a quick meal in the mornings for breakfast. The dorm residents actually do sit down and order from the menus, so no more random kitchen fires in the dorm. Yeah, my Sim gets charged the 40 Simoleons per day for the Executive Chef level (that's where you get all the in-game recipes to choose from -- and every recipe is included, including the Teppanyaki Grill, the Wood-Fire Oven, and the new Bakery recipes if you have any of those items installed).

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)