Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 13: MOOve Your Grass!-- Guest Professor TarynTempestwind-- links in post one

1222324252628...Next

Comments

• Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi, Jenny! Do what I do when I can't sleep: Build all night!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited June 2014
    There are times when I think about doing that. I really hate having insomnia. Because even when I am sitting and my eyes are fighting to close I still cannot sleep. I got the new Venue yesterday. Though I have yet to play with it. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The Course 14 thread is up and registration is OPEN!

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/756154.page#12094472

oow785m
  • Options
    kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    edited June 2014
    I haven't looked in here quite a while as I had not really the time for building. Now I have a few days off and have a little time for building again. And I see, a new course is approaching. I am really far behind. :oops:

Well, I made at least some progress with my build.

[img]http://abload.de/img/bild3vapp4.jpg "width=500"[/img]

I looked at so many great builds from the people here. Just amazing builds. ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I haven't looked in here quite a while as I had not really the time for building. Now I have a few days off and have a little time for building again. And I see, a new course is approaching. I am really far behind. :oops:

Ooh... this is looking great! I wouldn't mind seeing a photo with a closer view.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Ooh... this is looking great! I wouldn't mind seeing a photo with a closer view.

Zoo

Here some closer pics:

[img]http://abload.de/img/screenshot223b2r02.jpg "width=600"[/img]

[img]http://abload.de/img/screenshot220huo65.jpg "width=600"[/img]

Whirlpool
    [img]http://abload.de/img/screenshot221hjpl8.jpg "width=600"[/img]

Today's work: playground
    [img]http://abload.de/img/screenshot2223loyc.jpg "width=600"[/img]

The whole build is a resort. I try to build a mix of childhood reminiscence of "Schwarzwald" guesthouses and wellness hotels which are modern but still rustic.

• Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited June 2014
    Beautiful job, Neko! I loved your gardens and paths! I have studied your pictures and you have done perfectly ! Great job!
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014

Zoo

OMG, you do that too? lol! Last night I couldn't sleep at all, but wouldn't you know about 9am I started getting sleepy... thank goodness for a loving husband to get up and take care of the kiddos (skin and fur kids) :)

I hate insomnia, it really ruins my days that it affects. I would say 4/7 days I am not able to sleep worth a darn. :( Thank goodness for the sims! (Maybe I need to get some melatonin?)
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Beautiful job, Neko! I loved your gardens and paths! I have studied your pictures and you have done perfectly ! Great job!

AGREE! Great job!
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Zoo

OMG, you do that too? lol! Last night I couldn't sleep at all, but wouldn't you know about 9am I started getting sleepy... thank goodness for a loving husband to get up and take care of the kiddos (skin and fur kids) :)

I hate insomnia, it really ruins my days that it affects. I would say 4/7 days I am not able to sleep worth a darn. :( Thank goodness for the sims! (Maybe I need to get some melatonin?)

Oh my, YES I DO! I am off school for summer break and I am changing from one set of clean lounge pajamas to another and it is like one long, endless day of building while listening to audiobooks with breaks to eat food and nap. IT IS AWESOME! :mrgreen:

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited June 2014

AGREE! Great job!

Thank you very much. :wink::mrgreen:
    Oh my, YES I DO! I am off school for summer break and I am changing from one set of clean lounge pajamas to another and it is like one long, endless day of building while listening to audiobooks with breaks to eat food and nap. IT IS AWESOME! :mrgreen:

Zoo
    That reminds me of myself sometimes. :oops: For how long do you have summer break?
    Well, my week vacation is almost over and this time I even made it to go out a bit. But going out with a friend to Pizza Hut, I couldn't resist, especially as he came extra to Berlin to meet me. :D

I need some opinions. I am not sure if I put a path to connect the different areas or leave it just green. I don't want an enclosed/fenced path as the Sims should be able to use the gras area around for sun bathing. At the moment I am unsure what to do.

[img]http://abload.de/img/bild47k7ixf.jpg "width=600"[/img]

[img]http://abload.de/img/bild448ci9k.jpg "width=600"[/img]

• Options
    edited June 2014

AGREE! Great job!

Zoo
    That reminds me of myself sometimes. :oops: For how long do you have summer break?
    Well, my week vacation is almost over and this time I even made it to go out a bit. But going out with a friend to Pizza Hut, I couldn't resist, especially as he came extra to Berlin to meet me. :D

I need some opinions. I am not sure if I put a path to connect the different areas or leave it just green. I don't want an enclosed/fenced path as the Sims should be able to use the gras area around for sun bathing. At the moment I am unsure what to do.

IMAGES

I had some of May and then all of June and July. I have to go back August 1st. I DO have a bunch of stuff to accomplish during this break. My house suffers during the regular school year as I put school first. My art studio is a mess, my doll room (I have a big collection) is a mess, our bedroom is a mess, and our living room is a mess. But what am I doing? SIMS BUILDING! LOL!

I have been doing a FEW chores, but I have to get serious before school starts again.

I really like your build and I like the second image better, the one with the path. There is a lot of space there. I'll bet you could put something there and still have room for sunbathing. What about a gazebo (one in the style of the main building) with a hot tub inside it? Or maybe a picnic area?

Zoo

EDIT:
    What about some sort of party pavilion? So guests of the resort could wander through and get a plate of food or maybe do some dancing? That seems like a fun thing at a resort. You could use that banquet table for resorts that has all those food choices.

I might make a little building with vending machines in there, too, and a public bathroom. Resort guests wouldn't want to go all the way back into the main building to use the bathroom if they are out enjoying the pool or the playground.

Once my husband and I had a party and we put up a tent in our yard with a bar in it. We had a blender out there and "stocked" it with alcohol and my husband was the "bartender". It looked neat and people enjoyed it. Something like that, especially in a pavilion or tent of some sort (you could use that canopy thing from Island Paradise if nothing else) would be neat.

Just a few ideas! Please feel free to ignore all of them!

oow785m
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014

AGREE! Great job!

Zoo

IMAGES

I had some of May and then all of June and July. I have to go back August 1st. I DO have a bunch of stuff to accomplish during this break. My house suffers during the regular school year as I put school first. My art studio is a mess, my doll room (I have a big collection) is a mess, our bedroom is a mess, and our living room is a mess. But what am I doing? SIMS BUILDING! LOL!

I have been doing a FEW chores, but I have to get serious before school starts again.

I really like your build and I like the second image better, the one with the path. There is a lot of space there. I'll bet you could put something there and still have room for sunbathing. What about a gazebo (one in the style of the main building) with a hot tub inside it? Or maybe a picnic area?

Zoo

EDIT:
    What about some sort of party pavilion? So guests of the resort could wander through and get a plate of food or maybe do some dancing? That seems like a fun thing at a resort. You could use that banquet table for resorts that has all those food choices.

I might make a little building with vending machines in there, too, and a public bathroom. Resort guests wouldn't want to go all the way back into the main building to use the bathroom if they are out enjoying the pool or the playground.

Once my husband and I had a party and we put up a tent in our yard with a bar in it. We had a blender out there and "stocked" it with alcohol and my husband was the "bartender". It looked neat and people enjoyed it. Something like that, especially in a pavilion or tent of some sort (you could use that canopy thing from Island Paradise if nothing else) would be neat.

I just have to say, my house suffers all year as well. This summer is a reno summer, once I have all my supplies that is. My house is STILL a wreck from the school year, but I have been doing a few chores too... Last night, it looked like a bakery exploded in my kitchen. I baked ciabatta bread (I didn't want to ruin my biga I worked so hard to get ready) and homemade bagels (had all the stuff out, so why not, right?)I rinsed all the dishes out, but just left them in the sink, scraped all the excess flour off my counters, but left the scrubbing for today. This morning was WORK to get all the crap off my counters and wash up all the dishes, but it was so worth it for the delicious taste of homemade bread!
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Don't worry, I can understand this. It's the same with me. I know I should do some housework but I am playing or building in my Sims game. :oops:

Zoo

EDIT:

Thank you for your comment and ideas. ;)

I decided to go with the path. And I almost forgot about public bathrooms. :oops: You reminded me about them. I have build 2 little public bathrooms near the children playground as you surely know, when children have to use the bathroom it means now and not 5 minutes walk away. :lol:

[img]http://abload.de/img/screenshot215xms9e.jpg "width=600"[/img]

I thought about vending machines but decided against it, as I want my resort being more a quiet place. But I gave my Sims now the horseshoe game. And at the back of the house, where it was so empty, there is now a trampolin and a Gnubb Set.

I didn't even thought anymore about the canopy from IP until I read it in your post. I put one up next the path, close to the swimming pool, and a chess table under it. Now Sims can play chess without getting a sunstroke. :D

I didn't got that far with my building as I wanted yesterday, :XD: but some old friends turned up in my chat and so we were chatting almost half of the night. :mrgreen: It was fun chatting with them again, and building had to be shifted to today. I have to go and start puting furniture to the lot.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    kuroi_nekomata,

I can certainly understand wanting a quiet resort! The games you mentioned sound perfect for a quiet resort.

By the way, it isn't only CHILDREN who need to go NOW. Wait until you get a little older and you'll see what I mean. :mrgreen:

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi zoo I made a blackcat thread

I'm already using stuff from this course...

so here is the link
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/761018.page#12194274

edit: would you like me to give you the link in every course I think I use...?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    anettesb wrote:

so here is the link

Hi, Anettesb! I will add you to the Blackcat Builders post right away!

We started to do the Blackcat Builders after Zoo U already had several classes finished. If you are taking one of the classes without a Blackcat Builders post, please STILL give the link to your homework on that course thread. I always went to the homework threads to look at all everyone was doing and make comments and answer questions.

It was actually a student suggestion that resulted in the Blackcat Builders being added to the course threads (and it was a great addition)!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited July 2014
    anettesb wrote:

so here is the link

We started to do the Blackcat Builders after Zoo U already had several classes finished. If you are taking one of the classes without a Blackcat Builders post, please STILL give the link to your homework on that course thread. I always went to the homework threads to look at all everyone was doing and make comments and answer questions.

It was actually a student suggestion that resulted in the Blackcat Builders being added to the course threads (and it was a great addition)!

Zoo

I try

but the thing is I read them and then try to work with it... I know I be using this, your tricks, and the roof + garden at some point.... but as you see it the thread not doing homework just doing my own project with the things I learnt....

I could go ad my thread to the roof and garden now... but garding is a looooong way from now.... :lol:
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

so here is the link

Zoo

I try

but the thing is I read them and then try to work with it... I know I be using this, your tricks, and the roof + garden at some point.... but as you see it the thread not doing homework just doing my own project with the things I learnt....

I could go ad my thread to the roof and garden now... but garding is a looooong way from now.... :lol:

Doing your own project is just fine! The homework I chose for the course was just to give people something where they would definitely practice the skills learned in the course, but since you are sort of doing several classes at the same time you are just incorporating it all into a huge project of your own.

I can't wait to see it when it is all finished!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    Just come in to say that my resort, which I startet during this course is finally finished. You find pics of it in my creation thread.

Thank you for this wonderful course Taryn. Without it, I wouldn't have been able to build the resort, especially the landscaping. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top