Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do any of you simmers make ; Gay/Lesbian Sims <3

Comments

• Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited April 2014
    MinniMNT wrote:
    I'm sorry I'm new to this... How do you make the sims Gay/lesbian/bi? I've been curious about that.
    And I'm sure this sounds stupid but how do you get them to have kids?
    I'm guessing you just adopt?

Just make them flirt with, date, and marry someone of the same sex.

And yes you adopt. You could also download a mod that allows same sex pregnancy.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited April 2014
    Celiria wrote:
    MinniMNT wrote:
    I'm sorry I'm new to this... How do you make the sims Gay/lesbian/bi? I've been curious about that.

And yes you adopt. You could also download a mod that allows same sex pregnancy.
    Also, if you have ITF, your Sims can travel to Oasis Landing and genetically engineer a baby. Elder Sims can do this, too.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    mfb426mfb426 Posts: 1,407 Member
    edited April 2014
    MinniMNT wrote:
    To make a sim bi/gay/lesbian have them date the same or both genders. To make them have children you can adopt, use cheats to take one sim into CAS and change them into the opposite gender (toucan easily change them back after they try for baby), or you could genetically modify a baby using the ITF hospital. I'm not sure I you can use the last option in the present.
    output_npUBOD.gif
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited April 2014
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    I have never created any sim to be Gay/Lesbian, but I have had some in my game in the past.

One was this. I had a sim who got married later in life. They decided to adopt their first baby. When that baby grew up, and moved out. She fell in love and got with Thorton Wolff's daughter in Sunset Valley. This was all because of EA's Story Progression.

And the only others were in Barnacle Bay, I would always see sims of the same sex cuddling on the benches.

I am now playing with the NRaas Story Progression mod. With this mod, your sim can ask anyone what their preference is Straight, Bi, or the others. Most of the time I will get Strait as an answer, but on occasion I will get one that says Bi. In Sunset Valley my sim met and eventually married a man by the name of Leighton Sekemoto. They both had the Life Time wish of raising the 5 children, and that was the main reason they got together. When she asked him what his preferences were, and he told her that he was Bi. But I believe that he leaned more towards being gay because he was always rolling wishes to find out about other men's signs, never the females. I never did anything to influence him, outside of him and his wife and all their babies. :wink:

Oh yes I almost forgot, but Sebastian Striker in Bridgeport, when he grows up, he always ends up being gay if I'm playing him. Also Bronson Littler says that he is Bi when asked as well, at least in my games he is.

The funniest situation I had was when I moved Liam O'Dourke from Hidden Springs to Moonlight Falls (Supernatural). He started working with Rick Durwood, and got invited to a party at his place. Turned out the party was just Rick, who started flirting with Liam. When Liam did the "Ask Sexual Orientation" interaction, Rick turned out to be gay! I thought about killing off Doreen (the mother-in-law) then getting Rick to break up with Serena so Liam and Rick could get married, but ended up losing that save. Not sure I'd want to have a witch as my enemy though...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited April 2014
    Celiria wrote:
    MinniMNT wrote:

If your Sim has enough lifetime points you can also get the Clone Voucher and take it to the science lab to get a clone child. Or you can take a DNA sample from a Sim and use it to create a clone baby if you have Uni Life and level 10 Science skill. Hmmm, maybe I should get my Sim's science skill up before I move him to Isla Paradiso; he could clone a Sim and raise that baby as a single dad.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited April 2014
    Colorist40 wrote:
    Nope I don't. I prefer straight sims.

^^ this

Also you can't create gay sims in CAS anyway
  • Options
    mfb426mfb426 Posts: 1,407 Member
    edited April 2014
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    Colorist40 wrote:

^^ this

I don't think Sims created in CAS have a preference until you get them into the game and start playing them. :D
    output_npUBOD.gif
  • Options
    Innuendo21Innuendo21 Posts: 655 Member
    edited April 2014
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    Colorist40 wrote:

^^ this
    Good for you two.
  • Options
    FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited April 2014
    Innuendo21 wrote:
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    Colorist40 wrote:

^^ this
    Good for you two.

Hi, sorry this remark just seemed kind of snarky. Remember, it's just a game. People can play as they choose. Doesn't mean they're going out and burning pride flags. :wink:

I'm glad that everyone's taking this topic respectfully, it's really great to see.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited April 2014
    I think with ITF I'll start allowing my heirs to be gay/lesbian. I don't really have a preference about the preferences of my sims. I just need the heir to be biological.
  • Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited April 2014
    MinDtriKz wrote:

You absolutely can create gay sims in CAS. If you set sims as boyfriends/girlfriends, spouses, or fiances in CAS, they are automatically assigned the appropriate gender preference, whether straight or gay. Any single sims you create in CAS are undecided.

At least this is how it works at patch 1.67. I created a same-sex couple in CAS in an unmodded game, and saved without them performing any interactions. I then added Master Controller and used it to check the sims' gender preference, and they were indeed listed as gay.

However, you do have to use user-directed actions (or mods) in order to unlock the autonomous same sex feature and allow gay sims to be autonomously romantic.
  • Options
    Innuendo21Innuendo21 Posts: 655 Member
    edited April 2014
    Hi, sorry this remark just seemed kind of snarky. Remember, it's just a game. People can play as they choose. Doesn't mean they're going out and burning pride flags. :wink:
    Hi, sorry if it seems rude. It's just me and the other two posters have some history and they've made their views on the topic very clear in the past. But I'll not start drama in this thread. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Innuendo21 wrote:
    Hi, sorry if it seems rude. It's just me and the other two posters have some history and they've made their views on the topic very clear in the past. But I'll not start drama in this thread. :D

Excuse me, you don't know my views on this topic and he OP asked if we make (or there within play) gay or lesbian Sims. I don't- mainly because I follow legacy and challenge rules, many of which do not allow for this or are very hard to complete as a gay or lesbian Sim. Let's not get rude and personal because you have no idea who I am. I have family members who are gay and I respect their decisions and I respect other Simmers' creations in the community- including blogs and Sims I wouldn't play myself. Stop hiding behind some secondary account with only an expansion pack installed and try being nice- or at least staying on topic.
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited April 2014
    Innuendo21 wrote:

Just ignore them. Be the bigger person. Instead of causing drama in every thread, just don't read their posts or don't reply.

You can make gay sims in CAS- if you make two female sims you can assign them as girlfriend, fiancée or spouse in the relationships panel.

My sims end up straight though; whenever they meet someone new they find the opposite gender attractive. Even if I make a household with just guys or girls, they never find one another attractive.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited April 2014
    Yes, the parents of my current family are in a same-sex relationship. They have two adopted children together who are soon young adults, and they have a reputation as 'eternally faithful'.

Pictures are always fun :)
    2sbk7zn.jpg
    Wedding day ^
    34f1a0x.jpg24y9rwm.jpg
    The couple during my last playing session.

But it's not really a big deal who your sim goes to bed with at night :)
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    yonniewilliamyonniewilliam Posts: 75 New Member
    edited April 2014
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    Innuendo21 wrote:

Excuse me, you don't know my views on this topic and he OP asked if we make (or there within play) gay or lesbian Sims. I don't- mainly because I follow legacy and challenge rules, many of which do not allow for this or are very hard to complete as a gay or lesbian Sim. Let's not get rude and personal because you have no idea who I am. I have family members who are gay and I respect their decisions and I respect other Simmers' creations in the community- including blogs and Sims I wouldn't play myself. Stop hiding behind some secondary account with only an expansion pack installed and try being nice- or at least staying on topic.

Having one expansion pack doesnt have to do with anything ? some people cant afford it. but no fighting keep it PG people <3
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Having one expansion pack doesnt have to do with anything ? some people cant afford it. but no fighting keep it PG people <3

no base game registered = duplicate account people use to start drama
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    MinDtriKz wrote:

no base game registered = duplicate account people use to start drama

oh yeah ;-; x
    wasnt thinking about that!
    by any chance , do you know them?
  • Options
    turtlestturtlest Posts: 160 New Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm LGBTQ in real life, so I try to keep my sims diverse. It's a little hard sometimes because I love genetics and seeing how they play out but I just got a mod that allows for surrogate moms and reproductive donations. Now my gay and lesbian sims have more options <3.
    And Miss Honey, I'm eternally laughing at the second picture. Heehee.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    turtlest wrote:
    I'm LGBTQ in real life, so I try to keep my sims diverse. It's a little hard sometimes because I love genetics and seeing how they play out but I just got a mod that allows for surrogate moms and reproductive donations. Now my gay and lesbian sims have more options <3.

do you have the link to the mod? x
    i'd like gay/lesbian couples to have a baby!
  • Options
    turtlestturtlest Posts: 160 New Member
    edited April 2014
    turtlest wrote:

do you have the link to the mod? x
    i'd like gay/lesbian couples to have a baby!

EDIT: Apparently discussing this mod is against forum rules. I'm far too tired to argue, so feel free to PM me (is that a thing here?) or google a sort of hospital overhaul or IV pregnancy mod.

To whoever told me this, thank you.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    TreyNutz wrote:
    All the main sims I play are gay. Their children who eventually move out of the house can be anything.

I try to keep my sims family a little diverse :)
    usually would install a mod for same gender couples
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited April 2014
    Not exactly. I don't really think about my sims as thinking reflexively about their sexual orientation at all.

I do have quite a few same-sex couples in my game though :P

Here is the couple I played the longest, rock star Harmony and schoolteacher Tahia.
    8HarmonyTahiyaSofa.png

Getting engaged.
    9fHarmonyProposal.png

Their wedding.
    9gHarmonyWedding.png

Harmony pregnant with Tahia's child, a little girl they'll name Mariasha.
    9nHarmonyPregnantTahia.png
    9lHarmonyPregnantPhoto.png

The family on vacation in Al Simhara.
    MariashaSights.png

Christmastime in Hidden Springs with Mariasha grown up into a teen.
    MariashaHSPhoto.png

Harmony pregnant with her and Tahia's second child. Mariasha listens to her tummy.
    MariashaHarmonyPregnant.png
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited April 2014
    Welcome to the forums, turtlest. I think it would be wise to edit your post to remove that link. Discussion of that mod is against forum rules. I'd hate to see you get in trouble for just trying to help someone.

You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Not exactly. I don't really think about my sims as thinking reflexively about their sexual orientation at all.

I do have quite a few same-sex couples in my game though :P

Here is the couple I played the longest, rock star Harmony and schoolteacher Tahia.
    8HarmonyTahiyaSofa.png

Getting engaged.
    9fHarmonyProposal.png

Their wedding.
    9gHarmonyWedding.png

Harmony pregnant with Tahia's child, a little girl they'll name Mariasha.
    9nHarmonyPregnantTahia.png
    9lHarmonyPregnantPhoto.png

The family on vacation in Al Simhara.
    MariashaSights.png

Christmastime in Hidden Springs with Mariasha grown up into a teen.
    MariashaHSPhoto.png

Harmony pregnant with her and Tahia's second child. Mariasha listens to her tummy.
    MariashaHarmonyPregnant.png

i LOVE the family :)
    you had a mod installed for her to have kids right?x
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top