Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PLZ HELP ( I really need help)

I just got a laptop and i put the Sims 3 on it and when i went to put all my store stuff in and i went it game none of my worlds or sets where not there. I know that i put the stuff in and saw in the install stuff , but when i went in game and none of my stuff was there. Plz help me i want to get the new stuff soon :!: :!: :!:

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited April 2014
    Close out the launcher and douboe check if it's installed. Sometimes the launcher goofs and tells you things are installed when their obviously not. I've seen my launcher do this and the next time I open it, it's no longer installed.

Also, what is your patch level?
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Sims3fan1986Sims3fan1986 Posts: 443 Member
    edited April 2014
    I did but they still do not show up but i know that i did installed my stuff
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    and i was on patch 1.67
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited April 2014
    Can you start a new game with nothing installed?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    Can you start a new game with nothing installed?
    Yeah i start one and when i was in it none of my Clothes,worlds or sets and other stuff where there
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited April 2014
    OK. I'm going to assume your new laptop can run the game.

There are ways to get the launcher to work.
    Clear your browsing history.
    Close the browser and re open it. (Launcher uses the browser)
    Make sure the browser is fully patched.

When loading worlds and big items load only 1 at a time and when it has loaded open a game to make sure it is there.

I find having an almost empty Downloads folder helps me get things to install. So I only have the files I am currently installing in the Downloads folder. I move them out to another folder when they are installed.

When you get to the smaller files, load a few at a time - no more than about 200 MB at a time.

If none of this works for you then you might need to use the Downloads Dashboard instead.

You find the Downloads Dashboard by clicking that circle with the 3 dots in it. ... It is near the left bottom area of your screen.

When you open the Downloads Dashboard it will look like it has frozen for a few minutes because it is getting information from your purchase history. The length of time it seems frozen will depend on how fast your internet connection is and how much memory and processing power your laptop has.

Once you get the Downloads Dashboard loaded with your purchase history, you need to click the Install Now button beside each item. Don't click more than 2 or 3 at a time. It is going to take a long time to install it all. If you like, you might want to exit out of it at some stage and check to see if your things are installing. But if you do that you will have to wait for it to start all over again. The things that you've already installed shouldn't have the Install Now button any more. But sometimes the Downloads Dashboard tells you things are not installed when they are.