Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Violin Skill STILL not working.

I want my sims to learn the violin. when it was working, it was my favorite skill of the whole game. I had a sim with skill level 9 and I left the game for a while. when I came back, the skill level was gone, and there is no prospect of regaining it. I've tried everything I could find on the website. I cleared the cache files except the ccmerged, nothing. I've tried uninstalling the venue but I can't find the right file. I can find the lot file, but that doesn't get rid of the objects. I can find the individual items, but it doesn't let me uninstall because it has dependents or some crap. UPDATE: I found the venue object file eventually, and reinstalled it. Nothing. :(

Also, thanks for making the launcher so user friendly EA... not. I'd say 85% of my 2 hour troubleshooting trek has been navigating through that stupid launcher.

I've gotten rid of all of my mods. Nothing. This is extremely frustrating.

I know that there have been multiple topics posted about this, but I can't find them because it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a thread in this forum unless it is bookmarked. Thanks EA, you suck.

You'd think that If I were to pay $20 for something... IT SHOULD WORK!

Sincerely, a frustrated customer.

p.s. it took incredible restraint not to drop any f-bombs in this post.

Comments

• Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited April 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    I read a post somewhere from either Karritz (I don't think I spelled that right, sorry) or Ceejay saying that when this sort of thing happens that it's probably a corrupted ccmerge file.

Maybe do a search for corrupted ccmerge file and find the instructions on how to fix that?

Sorry I can't help more but I don't remember exactly how to do that.

I've replaced my ccmerged file with one that was available to download both on modthesims, and somewhere on the forums. Still didn't work. :(
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited April 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    I read a post somewhere from either Karritz (I don't think I spelled that right, sorry) or Ceejay saying that when this sort of thing happens that it's probably a corrupted ccmerge file.

Maybe do a search for corrupted ccmerge file and find the instructions on how to fix that?

Sorry I can't help more but I don't remember exactly how to do that.

I've replaced my ccmerged file with one that was available to download both on modthesims, and somewhere on the forums. Still didn't work. :(

I'm sorry. Hopefully one the tech responders who know more than I do can help you out. I just remember reading posts about it.

Oh, it's ok. I'm no tech genius either. :XD: