Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genie Summon Issues / Resolved

I really feel rather stupid. You have to have the genie selected as the active family member and then click on the genie itself to get the Genie interactions.

I had the other sim selected as the active household member and then was selecting the Genie. Argh.

Again, have the genie selected and then you are literally clicking on yourself (genie) to get the summon interaction.

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited April 2014
    Lol. Never mind, you weren't to know if you haven't played one before.

Whilst experimenting with my genie, I discovered that if she 'summoned' the food it would spoil after some hours, even when placed immediately in the display counters.

But if she cooked the dishes properly in the oven, the food remained unspoiled in the displays.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited April 2014
    And after all that fooling around with trying to get the genie to work, I decided to scrap the idea anyway. I really just want a small quaint bakery with my Single Female Sim spending her days baking and running the bakery and evenings going out and having a good time.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited April 2014
    Well, good luck with that cherid!

When I had my single genie baking for her own small bakery - she only had two glass displays to fill and 1 wooden rack. It took almost three sim days with continuous baking (cheating her needs up) to fill that much to capacity.

I did that while the Lot was set to residential so that other sims would not be coming in to buy while she baked. Then when I turned it into a community hangout so that sims would visit to buy, the food all disappeared at the 3 am clean-up.