Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 3 - DOWNLOADS & GAMEPLAY ISSUE - CUSTOM CONTENT! MAC

So I recently just installed all of my sims 3 games back onto my macbook pro... I have every single Sims 3 game available apart from 80's&90's stuff, future stuff, movie stuff and island paradise.

I've got all recent updates as i just did the big base game installation however I now find none of my custom content will download, I click it and then just nothing happens it doesn't appear in the launcher or anything! The only way I managed to download the content was one by one with minutes apart which took me around about 3 hours to do; very tedious. After I had managed to download all of the items I went to install them as normal but i had some sort of error message... I tried again and they all managed to install fine. I was so happy and loaded up my game only to find that there was none of my custom content in the gameplay at all and the custom content button was unlicked so should have appeared in my game.

I just installed all of my content to do a reinstall but now none of the CC will download into my launcher, none of this was happening until I did the big update patch. I'm really annoyed and need some quick help because I've spent a lot of money in the sims 3 and to not play it is a real shame

Thanks for any replies.
- Jade :D

Comments

• Options
    itsaprilXDitsaprilXD Posts: 642 Member
    edited March 2014
    Ugh. Installing things is such a pain with this game.
    Have you tried moving all of the sims3packs into the Downloads folder, and then opening the launcher and installing them from there? (Instead of clicking and opening them WITH the launcher? I don't know if that makes sense...).

I know I could never install any CC unless I moved my Mods folder out and deleted the caches.

Then again, I haven't actually played in Mac for a few months (I've been using Boot Camp until a week ago... ), so anything I say might not work :p
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited March 2014
    First of all, it could be that one of the game files is corrupt. Not a biggie. Move the Sims 3 folder (found Documents -> Electronic Arts -> Sims 3) to your desktop and let your game generate a new one. Try launching then and seeing if your CC shows up.

Sometimes the ccmerged.package becomes corrupt.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    itsaprilXDitsaprilXD Posts: 642 Member
    edited March 2014
    Sometimes the ccmerged.package becomes corrupt.

Well I didn't know that... o.o
    Interesting.