Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Bundle from Amazon

Im thinking about purchasing the world bundle of Monte Vista and Hidden Springs from Amazon. I'm just curious as to who here has bought the bundle instead of getting it direct from the store. Does it work for you? Some of the reviews on Amazon said the worlds wouldn't install. Was that an old glitch that has since been fixed? Does the store register the worlds as being owned? Do they appear as owned on your "My Page?" Are there any random issues that I haven't mentioned that bother you, or did it work perfectly and your very happy with the bundle?

Comments

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    edited March 2014
    I have bought several Sims games from Amazon. (I do have the Worlds Bundle, but I bought it from EA.)

I've never had a problem with Amazon's Sims 3 codes. I register the codes I get from Amazon with Origin and then install the game through the Origin client. It has always worked for me without any problem. And yes, my games all show up on My Page as registered.

I just recently installed several expansions that I bought on Amazon, including Barnacle Bay, University Life, and Into the Future. You probably have installed through Origin before, but here are a couple of tips.

First of all, you can redeem your Amazon code through the Origin client. At the top left, click on Origin and then Redeem Product Code. A window will pop up so that you can put your Amazon game code in. (Your Amazon game codes are found in Your Games and Software Library on Amazon.)

There is one trick I learned about installing through Origin. A couple of times I got some error message trying to download, but I learned that doing the following avoids this: When you click on the game icon in Origin's My Games to install, instead of hitting the Download button, first hit the "i" button (for info). When that window pops up, hit the Download button there. After that, all goes well.
  • Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thank you! That's good to know :)