Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are bonus simpoints available in Ireland?

I've heard a lot about this bonus simpoints system but I can't seem to find it anywhere :( is it still working , or is it just not available in Ireland? :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    FishkickingGiraffeFishkickingGiraffe Posts: 544 Member
    edited March 2014
    Not being in Ireland I couldn't say for sure but they are available in the UK. (Not sure if Ireland has different rules regarding this sort of thing). They tend to appear later in our day, more the time when the Pacific coast's getting up and breakfasted. I haven't seen them appear before 5/6pm. Check out the main store page, the DD page, the Sale page and they pop up on other store related pages but I can't say which as I tend to stumble upon those ones rather than spend hours actively looking for them.
    The box appears in the left hand side menu (where MMAO, CYS etc are listed). When it does, click it, watch the ad and then click the get your points button to the bottom right of the pop up ad.

:)
  • Options
    sueellen422sueellen422 Posts: 425 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Ok thanks! Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong places at the wrong times :)
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited March 2014
    A friend from the UK has confirmed that she's seen the bonus simpoints icon, so I don't see why Ireland would be excluded. You just have to keep looking :) good luck!
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2014
    I know someone in Ireland who has seen it. Everywhere should be getting it now I believe.

I'm in the UK and I've only seen it once, and it never gave me the points. :cry:

I think some of us are just luckier than others.

Here is some advice from Platinum Simmers:

If you cannot see it, there are two things you can do:

1. Log out and back in, then wait for at least 2 minutes on the store page.

2. Turn off your adblock, the bonus Simpoint features gets seen as an ad (technically it is one) so your adblock program will remove it from view.

http://www.platinumsimmers.com/articles/get-bonus-simpoints-now-worldwide/
  • Options
    Fran98765Fran98765 Posts: 462 Member
    edited March 2014
    The ad boxes are now the very last thing that loads on the page. Sometimes you will think you are done loading and it will still come after that. Lots of times I refresh a page like the DD page and then go into another tab to read or do something else and I will tab back to the DD page and it will finally show up. Be patient, it may be available without you knowing!