May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

✿Blushing Brides- A Story Competition✿ SCORES UP TODAY!

Comments

• Options
    munchkinprincessmunchkinprincess Posts: 1,212 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Will also be working on this tomorrow!
  • Options
    lucycat101lucycat101 Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited April 2014
    Will also be working on this tomorrow!
    Great :)
  • Options
    cheerio517cheerio517 Posts: 817 Member
    edited April 2014
    After exploring tombs in Egypt, Lily and Ryan needed a romantic break. Where else but Italy? The pair was in heaven. Everything there was more beautiful than the next! But one day, they would both agree, was the best of the trip.

Ryan ran up to Lily, his eyes shining and one hand behind his back.
    "What do you have back there?" Lily asked, laughing. Ryan took her hand and presented her with a gorgeous bouquet of light pink flowers.
    "I love it!" Lily cried, and kissed Ryan. Then he dragged her along the garden path. They were in Villa D'este, a beautiful Italian garden scattered with fountains, statues and amazing architecture. All day they had been dashing along the walkways, seeing the beautiful sights. She sighed as they walked along a path lined with purple and yellow roses.
    "Can you imagine anything more perfect?" She leaned her head on his shoulder. Suddenly, she tripped over her own feet and fell straight into one of the fountains they had just been admiring!
    "Oh my gosh, are you okay?" Ryan peered over the edge worriedly. Lily's head poked above the surface.
    "I-I'm not sure." She reached out her hand and he quickly took it. Abruptly, she yanked his arm, and he tumbled into the fountain with her! He came up, about to yell, but when he saw her face, he started laughing. They both emerged from the fountain, doubled over with laughter, completely ignoring the stares from the passersby. They both attempted to dry off, utterly failing of course. He looked down into her eyes.
    "Hey Lily?"
    "Yeah?"
    "I think I'm in love with you."
    She paused, her eyes tearing up. "I love you too." Then they shared a kiss beneath the Italian sunset, breathing in the air, the scent of flowers, and most of all, each other.

1o673c.jpg
    hvv6th.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    that's wonderful, Cheerio! Great job!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Dominique's point of view.

I stroll down the beach behind our new home listening closely to the waves hitting the rocks and seagulls squawking some place near but still distant. I walk over to where the sand ends and the grass with the sunflowers growing on it begins, I bend of the sunflowers that were just growing and still baby size I sniff in before breaking ones flower of half way up the stem, before sitting down on the edge of the sand placing down the sunflower then tucking my legs up to my chest and wrapping my arms around them. Shutting my eyes I continue listening and letting the calmness of the beach take me over. Stretching one arm from my legs I place it down in the sand next to me, scooping up some and letting it slide through my fingers. I loved just letting all my senses apart from my eyes take over.

After a little while I feel warm arms wrapping around me... Already knowing from the smell of her perfume I open my eyes and tilt my head around slightly to see Amelia.
    "Hey" I whisper smiling.
    "Hey beautiful" she replies with a massive grin, "enjoying the view?"
    "The view before you came not so much, now your here a lot" I reply.
    She giggles and gets up "letting your other senses wander again?" She says holding out her hand to me "come one lets walk and let you use those eyes"
    I return a small smile and lean the arm I had around my legs to the side to pick up my sunflower then placing my other hand into hers and letting her pull me up.

Keeping a hold of her hand I swirl my fingers around the back of her hand as we walk along the beach. About a quarter of a mile away I stop and suggest sitting at the shore line where the water hits. Taking of our sandals we both place them down beside each other before taking the few steps and sitting down our legs in front of ourselvces, the water lapping at the soles of our feet.

I turn to Amelia and smile, feeling calm I snuggle into her and whisper,
    "I know we've never said this because we both know deep down its true but I love you, more than anything in the world.. And I hope never to lose you."
    I hold out the sunflower, "to show my love.. It's not much but it's beautiful like our love." I smile as she takes the flower, but instead of keeping it to her self she slips it into my hair and whispers back "just as beautiful as you are".

13783340835_af2a96dbd7_o.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Love it, Ayana
  • Options
    SimLover0510SimLover0510 Posts: 404 New Member
    edited April 2014
    I'm so sorry for not being active this week! :shock: It's been a super busy week but I'm going in game now and will have my entry in as soon as possible! I just have to say that I love everyone's entries so far! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Will have my story up in the next few hours (zone I wake up properly)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Sugar: Thats Alright :)
    Ayana: Great!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Just letting you know I added my story into the post with the picture :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Just letting you know I added my story into the post with the picture :)
    Thank you, Ayana!
  • Options
    SimLover0510SimLover0510 Posts: 404 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Assignment 1

239phk.jpg

*Alice’s point of veiw*

I was actually the first one to say I love you ,and it was during one of the silliest games I’ve ever played...

Elliot loves to invent these new crazy games, and even started a Couple’s game night every month where our closest friends are playfully forced to play his newest creation whether it's a mix between Monopoloy and Twister or Snap and Cluedo!

We were downtown at a Karaoke bar one night where he dared me to come up with a topic for which he couldn't find a matching song. It was incredible! He was like a bottomless pit of music information and had an answer for every random topic I threw at him! Finally I called out exasperatedly that he couldn't possibly know a song involving daisies! With a grin he jumped up and walked confidently to the stage yelling over his shoulder that he knew the perfect one...

He then continued to enthusiastically but very badly belt out the lyrics to "Daisy Petal Pickin" - a country song about a guy wondering if his girl loves him or not. Laughing so hard at his antics and funny dance routine that soda almost flew out my nose I couldn't help but think that I had found the silliest, goofiest but most amazing man and there was no doubt that I loved him.

When he got back to the table I leaned over and quietly whispered that he could stop picking daisies because this girl sure loved him! He gave me the biggest grin and told me that he knew he loved me the first time I made a face eating Sushi on our first date but was just waiting for the perfect time to tell me. We then shared the most perfect kiss filled with love and promises of a silly future together.

A link to the song if anybody was wondering about it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KwgLglh8io#aid=P7f5NGvRLHA
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Awesome photo, Sim Lover!
  • Options
    matmoatematmoate Posts: 722 Member
    edited April 2014
    May I have an extension please?

I promise I'm trying to do this as fast as possible right now! I got grounded, so yeah :P
    5bo6s7.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    matmoate wrote:
    May I have an extension please?

I promise I'm trying to do this as fast as possible right now! I got grounded, so yeah :P
    Extended til April 15th :)
  • Options
    matmoatematmoate Posts: 722 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for the extension, :mrgreen:

Assignment 1:

16gl92q.jpg

After about 4 months of dating, Paige and David decided to go to one of those 'haunted' houses that spring up around Halloween. Once they arrived at the rundown, yet freshly painted black house, the two waited outside with some other people for the next tour to begin. Paige plucked one of the roses from an unkempt bush near the front door. "Hey, the owners even painted the roses black," she said rubbing the petals beneath her fingers. David said something and they began chatting about something or another, then Paige dropped the flower as the line moved forward.

Inside the house, the tour began with the tour guide being some teenager dressed as a clown of some sort. After getting through the first 'scary' act, they began chatting away, not even paying attention. Paige looked at David and realized that she was in love with this man. Wanting to blurt out her realization, her nervousness stopped her.

The tour ended in the backyard turned cemetery and the group of people disbanded, save a few, including Paige and David. They walked and talked on an overgrown pathway that led around a small garden that had been missed over by the painters. Paige once again, plucked a rose, this time red, and began feeling it's petals. After the path ended at a dead end, the couple sat on a large rock beside another rose bush. "It's nice out tonight," David muttered as he gazed up at the sky, "although it's really warm for October". Paige nodded and looked up with him, she then let the flower slip out of her hand. David felt it fall on his foot and picked it up. "Huh, a red rose, the international symbol of love", he said matter-of-factly. Paige blushed and bit her lip. She looked at David and felt the feeling bubbling over.

She then blurted out, "I love you".

David seemed caught off guard by her response and didn't say anything for what seemed like for ages. Paige was kind of panicking at this point and thought she had blew it. Finally, David asked "Did you just say you loved me?" She said yes and he responded with the four best words she had ever heard before: "I love you too!"
    5bo6s7.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you, Mat!
  • Options
    aspires001aspires001 Posts: 345 Member
    edited April 2014
    Luce, can I still submit my story. I know I'm late. I had oral surgery Thursday and I've been in so much pain, I haven't touched the computer at all hardly. I'm feeling a little better today and can have it in tonight. If not, it's okay, I'll take the point loss.
    Love Thy Neighbors: A Neighborhood Rotation Story
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    aspires001 wrote:
    Luce, can I still submit my story. I know I'm late. I had oral surgery Thursday and I've been in so much pain, I haven't touched the computer at all hardly. I'm feeling a little better today and can have it in tonight. If not, it's okay, I'll take the point loss.
    Sure- as long as you have it in by tomorrow :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Due Today at 5 :)
  • Options
    PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited April 2014
    There's no way I'll be able to have something up by 5pm :(
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Is tomorrow good?
  • Options
    PrincessLala14PrincessLala14 Posts: 29,231 Member
    edited April 2014
    lucycat101 wrote:
    Is tomorrow good?
    Unless my game miraculously opens first try when I get home, I don't think that'll work either. I guess there's nothing I can really do :/ I'm not gonna ask you to give me an extension I don't think I can make, I don't want to stress myself out like that and I also don't want the other competitors to have to wait around for me, so I guess I have to drop..? Disappointing, but my game just won't cooperate..
    purple_flowers_39.jpg
  • Options
    aspires001aspires001 Posts: 345 Member
    edited April 2014
    Just letting you know that I edited in my story with my photo on pg 12.
    Love Thy Neighbors: A Neighborhood Rotation Story
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Lala: I'm sorry your games being a pain :roll: But thank you for being part of Blushing Brides :mrgreen:
    Angela: Thank ya :D