Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tips for Grandpa's Grove?

Does anyone have any tips/pics/advice or anything to make cool looking tracks that came with Grandpa's Grove?? I cant figure out what to do here except this simple little thing and I'm not liking how it looks. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_zps1ef75f0d.jpg

Reminds me of brass knuckles. lol

Comments

• Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited March 2014
    I dunno, I'm kind of the opinion that anything more than a simple oval is a waste of space that you could use for crops or a building.
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi darkwidow, :)

I found this for you! :)

There are two tutorial links on this thread. Hopefully, they will help you out!

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=10216.0

Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited March 2014
    Keep in mind that when the tractor is in operation, no one can cross the tracks anywhere on the active track. If you have an inactive section (inactive due to the hay bale toggle switches), then they can cross the inactive track. You could have a lot of angry Sims if they have to cross the tracks to get the the street, for instance.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited March 2014
    It's hard to make different track layouts for the tractor at first. I had also went through the same phase at first too. And then I had started to make L.Shape track layouts. The individual track pieces are precise. So you will have to watch your spacing and track alignment very closely. To make an L.shaped track layout, you start like you would if you making an oval track. Then at one end of the track, you turn one of the curved pieces the other way so that it starts to form an L. Then you place straight pieces until you are happy. Then you place two more curved pieces, followed by the same amount of straight pieces that you had placed on the other side. Then you place one more curved pieces to make the turn. Then you continue on with the same amount of straight pieces that you had placed at that end. You place one more curved piece, and you are done. You now have an L.Shaped track. You can also had those T pieces in with the straight pieces. But keep in mind that each T track piece counts as one straight piece when placing track pieces. :D
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited March 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Keep in mind that when the tractor is in operation, no one can cross the tracks anywhere on the active track. If you have an inactive section (inactive due to the hay bale toggle switches), then they can cross the inactive track. You could have a lot of angry Sims if they have to cross the tracks to get the the street, for instance.

Has anybody tried to make a track on a "bridge"? You know, the way a bridge will cross a pond? Maybe sims could walk underneath?
  • Options
    darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thank you to everyone. A bridge sounds really interesting! If I knew how to make one I would attempt it.....now I wish we had little ducks for the game. How cute would it look for the tractor going on the bridge over the pond with ducks in the water! lol

@Mistletoe: Thanks for the links. :D I'll have to watch later when everyone is in bed.
    @Sunman: You lost me somewhere! lol Can you provide me a picture of the layout you are talking about?
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited March 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:

Has anybody tried to make a track on a "bridge"? You know, the way a bridge will cross a pond? Maybe sims could walk underneath?
    I don't know whether the tractor track can be above ground level. But this has me thinking, I could create a basement tunnel beneath the track and use the ITF chute elevators at both ends of the tunnel. I'm gonna check that out.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    organgrinder20porgangrinder20p Posts: 479 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Nik24X7 wrote:

I don't know whether the tractor track can be above ground level. But this has me thinking, I could create a basement tunnel beneath the track and use the ITF chute elevators at both ends of the tunnel. I'm gonna check that out.
    Yes a tunnel works. You can also make a shed for the tractor and drive thru it and park in it,and hide the tunnel in it.
  • Options
    SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'd love to see an example of someone doing a bridge with it. I would think that the entire track would need to be on a foundation to make it work.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Nik24X7 wrote:

You could also use the spiral staircase, or I wonder if ladders from IP would work? Be worth a test. I usually put my tractor track out in back (the "back 40" as it were), but it would be good to have access to the center parts of the track where I put the cows and chickens. 8)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    garrison17garrison17 Posts: 362 Member
    edited March 2014
    my toddlers play on the road the tracker goes right through them- I think its easy to make tracks and all plants stay green around the tracks- Favorite home lot!
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'd love to see an example of someone doing a bridge with it. I would think that the entire track would need to be on a foundation to make it work.

4012225.jpg?543
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    d5ad4a3a5ee5e81d51396e4ec1a0049d2b7f502977239fbc5095bb6571770b3e.jpg

We turned this into a community challenge over at Platinum Simmers and AmbaAesthetic has completed the challenge!!! Check out her gorgeous Farm Park lot here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8099575

1801365_10153917217485436_1791400466_o.jpg

I'm also working on a lot, I've tested the tractor and amazingly it DOES harvest between floor levels!!! Who'd a thunk it?!!!

Screenshot-5-14.jpg

barney-more-challenges.gif
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited March 2014
    Love your lot, Cinderelli. It is gorgeous.

Are you going to upload it?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Love your lot, Cinderelli. It is gorgeous.

Are you going to upload it?

Thank you so much! :D

I was only really doing it for the challenge so the buildings are just shells. I've uploaded it because Weealbet very kindly mentioned that he might furnish it for me! So, it's here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8099669 but it's unfinished.