Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I been playing sims for 15 yrs what about u? What do u still think of it? What do u want in sims 4?

meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
edited April 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
:!: SIMS PLAYER OF 15 YEARS :!:

I been trying not to get excited about the sims 4 but as a long time fan my curiosity Is curious!

In my personal opinion I think Sims 3 was ok.

1 Taking aliens away then finally giving them back (in my case) only not to be able to have my sims abducted disprite realationship status and moon rooks and no cheat for abduction (if im wrong then let me know cuz that may just make me a happier simmer)

2 No real apartments. With real neighbors and no freedom of making a multifamily lot because you cant play them as real multifamilies any how!

3 story progression... I know you can turn it off

A.) but what a hassle to switch from one family to another and having to save this way or that way so not to lose your sims wants or goals is frustrating
B.) just the fact that this might be a reason to why there cant be real apartments in game
C.) im a control freak... hence to why I play the sims to control it all! Hahaha lol if the game can make changes on its own and switch sims wants or ages etc when I was trying to do something else with my neighborhood story THEN IM NOT IN CONTROL and I dont like that :-( (only in a game thats what a game is for(torturing characters u cant really torture :twisted: (did I just admit that) oh well u know we all do it hehe)

After the whole having to save this way or that loosing sims wants or goals after switching between families, cant get abducted as much as i tried and the news of sims 4 means theres no hope for real apartments in sims 3 I just lost interest in sims 3. I havent bought anything new for it and dont plan to either. Plus have u seen the price of the new game so im not going to waste money on the sims3 since im not sure if im not going to buy the sims4

I still play the sims 3 occasionally but I have actually reverted to playing the sims 1 and 2. Awesome times!

Dont get me wrong I do miss some things of the sims 3 like the graphics and cool building tools and less loading wait time which leaves me

:thumbup: YEARNING for the ULTIMATE SIMS GAME :thumbup:

I have always said if the sims 2 and the sims 3 could come together and make a baby now that would be an AWESOME GAME and thats why I still have some hope for the sims 4 provided that

1.) Awesome graphics
2.) Free range and view of neighborhood move with ur sims to almost everywhere
3.) Aliens with the start of the 1st game
4.) in due time real Apartments and multifamilies (I would settle for NPC neighbors since I love building the units NPC neighbors r better than none)
5.) BUNK BEDS R A MUST!
6.) Male pregnancies INCLUDED IN THE 1ST GAME RELEASE (Aliens or cheats to get preg by... It gives my female sims a break from having to take a break from work hot tubs etc why should the GRLS give it all up and go through the pains of pregnancy let the men do it... it is a game after all)
7.) BREAST FEEDING... why not it can be done in the sims medeval
8.) realistic new borns with movable limbs and you can choose to leave them in a diaper wrapped in a blanket or your choice of at least 3 colors of onesies (infant pjs)
9.) The ability the turn on off progression mode WITHOUT LOOSING wants and fears of the family u r workng with if u happen to switch out and come back to later. it be cool if you can pick which families you want to freeze and which u dont care if they continue on without u.

10.) Random but has always irked me :evil: ...

DOUBLE BEDS YOU CAN PLACE ONE SIDE BY THE WALL AND STILL BE USED BY TWO SIMS!

MAJOR REASON IT SAVES SPACE in building

BONUS REASON It opens the door for funny sim situations fighting over who gets the wall it can be a want or fear (like for a claustrophobic sim or a nervous sim) it be funny to watch the sim climb over the other sim say if one sim chose to sleep on the outside first and another sim has to wake up the one sleeping on the outside and tells them to move over which then the sleeper can oblige or refuse which leads me to the next idea if a sim has to climb over they can either do so with no problem or fall on the other sim by mistake... or on purpose for revenge hehehe

What about you? How many simmer years r u? Whats your irks likes and wants :?:

SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
Post edited by meetkitty123 on

Comments

• Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited March 2014
    I have been playing for 14 years too. 14 YEARS! :D

Well anyhow, I totally agree about not liking EA story progression. In fact I don't like sims 3 and also have gone back to playing sims 1 and 2. I'm currently deeply into playing a new sims 2 neighborhood that I started.

And to be different and make it challenging I'm forcing myself to use No Cheats EVER! And more specifically No Money Cheats at all. It's definitely a challenge! In fact my first sim I used all her money to build a too-big house.

I realized after many hours of gameplay I HAD to remove the whole upstairs of the big house. She simply could not get ahead, or get out of the "Red" mood zone. And being in the red mood zone she could not keep a job, she kept getting fired. And it was a vicious cycle.

So reluctantly I tore down the whole upstairs level and used the money to buy:

1) The cheapest TV
    2) A "real" bed (she was using a loveseat to "nap" what a difference!
    3) A computer, desk, and chair

These 3 items made all the difference.

O.K. sorry to go off on a tangent there!

What I WANT in Sims 4:

1) No sims 3 story progression, like you I really really just want to play different families in the same save/neighborhood like in sims 1 and 2, hassle free!

2) I'd like the old style photo album in-game back. No automatic photo upload to the launcher. Just a plain and simple old fashioned regular photo album for the lot/family. Frills free

3)Want my sims to Look Nice! I'd be happy if they looked more like "sims medieval" and less like pixar/cartoons with little detail and smooth puddy skin. I want to be able to create unique faces and bodies, or create someone I know or a celebrity if I want and have them look fairly realistic.

4) Blank neighborhood town templates like in sims 2. I want to place ALL my own houses , lots, and sims!
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited March 2014
    Just a note - I had to use the "quick reply" option. The regular reply refused to post at all , and kept giving me error 404 baby in the dishwasher :x Anyone else getting this problem?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Thats too funny about your sim. Im currently deep into working on a new pleasentville Sims 2 making the characters the way I want them and changing the story line. I added Claire Charming Mama and Elden Hicks the roomies Frankie and Maria sylvia M. Characters from the sims 1 I gave Brandi a Brother to carry and pass on the Newbie name. Its fun and passes the time.

I love the hassel free switching between house holds and coming back to where I left off but I have to say I do miss the building tools from sims 3. Its like I said if the two games could combine it be the perfect game.

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Yup I too got the error with the baby in the dish washer you have to click QUICK REPLY

• Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited March 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    Just a note - I had to use the "quick reply" option. The regular reply refused to post at all , and kept giving me error 404 baby in the dishwasher :x Anyone else getting this problem?

Hi, yes, that happened to me too and I wasn't able to reply at all.

I did save what I wrote, so here's what I said to the OP:

Hi,
    It sounds like you play just like I do. I too hold The original and The Sims 2 as the better games compared to 3.

Everything you listed has been talked about and requested in the Ideas & Feedback section of the forums for years. I am hoping that they read the forums and incorporated everything we complained about what was missing in 3 and put it in 4.

Time will tell.

I've been playing the Sims sims since the mid 2000. I did start out on the original game, but all the ep's had already been released, so I picked them up a couple at a time and when I got Makin Magic, I saw the trailer for Ts2 and bought that soon after. I really didn't play the original for very long, maybe a few months b/c when I got 2, the world came to a stop and I fell in love with those sims. I think uni was already out and it was only a couple weeks that I had to wait, if I remember correctly, that Night Life came out.

No game before or since has blown me away like The Sims 2 did. I still play it today, but lately I have been playing 3 more. I do go back and forth between the two games.

I really hope that The Sims 4 is the sequel in all ways, of The Sims 2. I really think that ts3 was some kind of error or other game, not really a sims game like we knew the other two games to be.

Anyway, my fingers and toes are crossed. I do hope they make a game that can replace Ts2 for me. Otherwise, I'll just continue to play that.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited March 2014
    14 years here as well!.

I do not like Story Progression for the same reason you guys don't. I hope they change it up in S4. Otherwise I will be heartbroken.. again. :cry:

I agree OP S2 is a better game. I do like things about S3, which makes it hard to play S2. But I love S2 so much. I like the sunrises/sets and the water, the open neighborhood, and CAS (and I mean create a sim; I can do without create a style, If I could add these features to TS2, I'd be a happy simmer! However I've stop trying to get S2 like S3 and now trying to get S3 like S2. Even working on Veronaville with mrcrumblebottom (he made the world! =D ).

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited March 2014
    I have been playing the sims for 14 years as well. It has been a long happy journey that I hope continues. I hope with the sims 4 there is more realism. I hope they get rid of the burrito babies and give us sweet babies like we had in the sims 2. I would love to be able to rock the babies to sleep and have more interaction with them. I hope since we won't be having CAS that we at least have a lot colors to choose from, and I hope they do something with the hair in the sims 4. Now it just looks like a blob without any texture at all.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited March 2014
    Well I am not sure how long, but I have been playing since the sims when they first came out. I love this game.
    There are so many things I like about all of them.
    I do love Sims 3, love the neighborhood style.
    I did love Sims 1 & 2 also.
    I do wish that we could make worlds like before using SimCity 4, I believe.
    I want to make roads in game, change landscape, put down lots wherever with out lag. all without CAW
    I want seasons, ocean swimming and dive lots, I guess I want it all.
    I am sure that Sims 4 will be just as wonderful as the last ones.
    I do like to recolor and style things, so I am hoping we can do that.
    I like that everyone ages in the game. It is neat to see a sim child age to teen, and find their friends have aged also, or wait for them to age up too. Pets, I love to see pets running around, love the horses that show up, vacations, I liked the vacations in Sims 2. Well you can go on vacation to France etc. in sims 3.
    University and Aliens, love it all.
    I hope they will take all the good things from each game and put them all together in sims 4 only better.
    Weather, I want weather. I'm sorry, I like so much about Sims I can't help myself.
    I want everything to have tabs to shut off what you don't want like in Sims 3,
    Most of all NO Zombies. unless you can really turn them off.
    Had to use quick reply.

• Options
    UPDATE

I am craving for better Sims interactions. Improvements on family play and family interactions between babies, TODDLERS, children, teens, parents, grandparent and even great grandparents.

*multitasking! Complete with multitasking settings which gamers can choose multitasking free will mode or multitasking by command mode

*multitasking... your sims interacting with other sims while in the middle of another action (cooking cleaning working out studying watching tv eating etc)

*While your sim is in the middle of doing something you should be able to click on another sim and find a multitasking tab which would offer different interactions to choose from. If you have multitasking free mode on Your sims might choose an interactions on their own!

*multitasking interactions such as "nag" "insult" "mock" "joke" "good morning" "good night" "I love you" "how was your day?" "how was work?" "how was school today?" "you know what I did today at work/school!" "do you need me to help you" "do you need something"

*I would love to see more comfort/loving options for family members such as Patting on shoulder, leaning on sims, putting arm around sims or putting their heads down of anothers shoulder, high fives, sims slapping bottoms, Sims coming over from behind hugging or kissing the other sims.

*All of the above interactions should be able to occur as a main interactions or as a multitasking interactions. meaning they can do the above while walking by and the other sim can continue with what they are doing all the while responding to the interaction

*Multitasking involving younger sims. how nice if toddler and infant interaction with their family would go smooth instead of only occurring by a player command

*Picture a sims carrying their infant and sitting down to watch tv all awhile feeding the child playing with the baby or rocking it to sleep.

*picture a toddler crawling or a child coming to their parent and asking to be picked up talked to or cuddled and the sims parent doing so without ever completely stopping what they are doing.

* infants toddlers and children could sit on their parents lap and be hugged bounced cuddled all while parent multitask doing whatever they were doing and interacting with their children

*I would love to see parents able to nurse, rock babies and sing to them while carry on with they were doing

*older family members bathing babies toddlers and children and playing with the kids who are in the tub (rubber duckies sail boats splashing)

*It be nice if they could multitask with their babies by having them in an infant/toddler sling. Cooking house chores helping kids do homework all while carrying and interacting with the infant/toddler.

*kids falling asleep on another sims lap and being able to be carried to bed (adult sims could carry adults sims too and accidentally drop them if their body skills are low to none lol)

*tucking kids in singing lullabies to them or reading a bedtime story.

*It would be cute if the baby would sleep in different positions, cuddle a blanket, suck a pacifier or its thumb.

*It be nice beside the option of a sitter non school age children can be placed in daycare.

*or once the toddler could walk/talk/and was potty train they can go to preschool. An adult/teen can carry the Toddler on and off the bus.

*Preschool would give children a grade and a half advantage when first starting grade school over children who did not go to preschool.

*disciplining toddlers children teen would be great from time out chairs to loosing play or tv time to being grounded.

*Also rewarding children for cleaning up good grades would be great

* having the option to scold children or praising

*depending on how the parents raise their child praising/disciplining/ignoring would result in how the children behave

*Toddlers, Children and teens behavior could range from somewhere between snoody dont care to get dirty proper children, to playful excitable yet well behaved children who occasionally need of re correction to out of control wild naughty rebellious border line evil children.

*toddlers children and teens can make parents (depending on parents personality) go through many emotions proud, happy, love, embarrassed, angry frustrated going insane (example evil sims can be embarrassed if their children are nice Good sims would feel embarrassed if their children acted bad/cruel)

*depending on age group, personality and upbringing our young sims should be able play calmly and quietly, paint, read, have dress up parties, tea parties, slumber parties, mischievous night out ,sneaking out with a group, THE PARENTS ARE OUT THE TEENS WILL PARTY vandalize things, set things on fire, steal, lie, play pranks, school events, trick o treating, fund raising, charity, girl/boy scouts, sports

*more children games and interactions such as board games, playing with "hotwheels" trains or dinosaurs playing cops and rubbers, cowboys and indians, children pretending to be doctors cooks rocket scientist teachers actors etc

*younger sims (some crazy adults too) should be able to slide down a railing, jump on furniture, swing on ceiling fans, hang off window curtain rods, color on walls, spill things, purposely/accidentally break things, track mud through the house, try to cover up what they did

*there should be more family activities such as pizza night ice cream sundaes parties Game night slumber parties tag hide and seek sports

*It be cool to have a Great grandparents pride icon and Grand children can have a wish for their own children be born in time to meet their grandparents. grandparents could have a wish to stay alive to meet great grandchildren

I think these add on would make the Sims family play more exciting and enjoyable.

LOOK THIS IS HOW IT WOULD LOOK

AND THERE WOULD BE NO WAY TO GET BORED IF IT COULD BE PLAYED LIKE THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkxO2hrQFWA

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Whenever the Sims 2 was released, that was when I became extremely interested in the Sims.
  • Options
    Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    10 years.

I did get the sims 2 when I was very young, then I went into sims 2 pets for the ps2 for some strange reason lmao.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Around 13 years.
    I didn't play The Sims 3 though. So during the release of the Sims 3 series, I was still playing The Sims 2. I think I love The Sims 4 the best so far cuz the sims look genuinely good (even the NPCs and townies) and the animations for the interactions are just so smooth and detailed.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    13 years for me. Jeez that was a long time ago. I've played all 4 generations. I would say TS3 was my favorite and then TS4, TS2 and TS1. TS4 has potential but it has ALOT to make up for.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    I have been playing for 13 years and personally I hated TS3 it didn't have anything to offer me, TS4 is alright and TS2 is amazing.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Been playing since S1. What a trip. It's the ONLY game I really and truly play and care about. To be honest, I am glad that S3 is being left behind. It was the anomaly in the series, afaiac.

What do I think of it and what do I expect of it?

Well I think it's a far sight better than 3. What I expect is for it to surpass 2. It didn't do it with GTW. Even though the careers far surpassed Ambitions. The retail aspect is left wanting. Big time. Graham said he was happy to be able to deliver OFB back. He failed. Big time.

Sims 3 could never have open venues like this, and that's why it is a FAIL. ( imo) .

But if the gurus don't get it together and rally make it an individual play date for simmers and how they play the game, then I think there is trouble ahead. I won't continue if they carry on with this 🐸🐸🐸🐸/makeshift SP.
  • Options
    OMG I LOVE THE SIMS2 I was actually hoping Sims 4 would of brought us back to the sims 2 but better graphics with the great designing tools from the sims 3

• Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    OMG I LOVE THE SIMS2 I was actually hoping Sims 4 would of brought us back to the sims 2 but better graphics with the great designing tools from the sims 3
    That was my position too back then.
  • Options
    I MISS apartment living from the sims2

• Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited April 2015
    I have been playing the sims since the first release of the sims 1 back in 2000. I have played them all and I still find the sims 3 to be my favorite. I was hoping this new ep would bring back something close to the sims 2 Open For Business but from the reviews I have read it is a far cry from that. Employees won't work, people behind the counter, customers standing around. I was really thinking about buying this ep just for the store career. But until some things are fixed I don't think I will bother with this one.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    I have been playing the sims since the first release of the sims 1 back in 2000. I have played them all and I still find the sims 3 to be my favorite. I was hoping this new ep would bring back something close to the sims 2 Open For Business but from the reviews I have read it is a far cry from that. Employees won't work, people behind the counter, customers standing around. I was really thinking about buying this ep just for the store career. But until some things are fixed I don't think I will bother with this one.
    Watch the Rags to Riches LP done by Flabaliki of the Sims Supply on Youtube. You'll see that many compaints posted here are probably not all based on reality.
  • Options
    MarianneSimmerMarianneSimmer Posts: 1,113 Member
    I have played since the beginning. I have loved all games, but I kind of got bored easily with The Sims 3. I always needed new content. Then I'll play it for a little while and then stop until new content was available. The Sims 4 brought me back to the TS1 and TS2 rhythm: playing often and being really close to my sim family as it goes through generations.
  • Options
    BkajnlBkajnl Posts: 5 New Member
    edited April 2015
    My favourite is TS2. I've been playing TS2 for 5-6 years, TS3 for 4-6 monts and TS4 for a week or two, but TS4 has such great aniamtion. I wonder why TS3-TS4 uses Granny Animation, my nan paid for TS3 and bought TS4. How werid
  • Options
    BanjoraBanjora Posts: 19 Member
    I've been playing since the year 2000 or so--whenever Livin' Large came out, and I've been having a lot of fun with the Sims 4, despite it's shortcomings. Toddlers were a big deal when the Sims 2 came out, and I was pretty surprised when they announced that they weren't going to launch with the Sims 4. Of course, I'd like to see toddlers brought back, and have 'real' babies. Gardeners would be nice too.

In the future, I'd really like the memory system to be expanded upon so that significant life events from the past have the ability to affect mood like current events do.
  • Options
    I think I have 5 months I have played like 38hrs of the sims 4. Most of that spent time was not in live mode but build mode. Live mode doesnt keep my interest. I need that family time. In the sims2 my favorite thing was making memories then going back and reading through it. I would mind having the sims respond to reminiscing.

• Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    I've been playing since the beginning. TS4 is just fail, the only good thing about it is CAS and that isn't enough for a AAA game.