Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

free gardens?

anybody know which towns have public gardens? or..a garden my homeless sim (challenge) can steal from? :lol:
let's be friends on origin: hello0jewby
*Team Seasons*
XtR6m6.png

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited March 2014
    i think most of the older worlds, i have a current twinbrook game and found a public garden. it had been so long since i last played i had forgotten it was there- score!

and i just remember AS has a really nice as well.

you could also just place one in any world you want.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi :D

Riverview has one... Sunset Valley has plants in Community lots like the Lakes, the beachs, the main park, the Criminal warehouse.
    I think they all have some plants in a few community lots that your Sim can get. :D

I normally have my Sims learn the first gardening skill so they get seeds right away. I pick up seeds and plant so I don't pay as much attention to them any more. :(

Have fun though! :D
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hidden Springs does not have any wild harvestables. That's the only one I know for sure doesn't. I always have my sims harvest wild plants and use them to plant their gardens with. They are higher quality than the seeds that they get when they learn gardening, and often higher quality than they can buy in the store. Getting them free makes it even better.
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited March 2014
    There are some nice cc free community gardens on the exchange you can plop down in your town also.

I have an older Garden with the WA and base game plants in my studio and yes it is cc free.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4520876

• Options
    FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited March 2014
    Starlight Shores also has one I believe.
  • Options
    Bubbles0712Bubbles0712 Posts: 440 Member
    edited March 2014
    you might be able to create one in edit town, i think I've never tried it but I always play with edit town :)
    tumblr_nn60voEf141rcqx97o3_250.gif

• Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited March 2014
    I like the one from Moonlight Falls (Supernatural EP). I just update with new plants we got from University, plus I add the cows and chickens, and the vegetable vendor carts. It has a pretty little gazebo and a fishing pond in it, too. In fact, I just placed a copy of that garden into Roaring Heights.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2014
    Since it's a challenge and I don't know if you're allowed to place pre-made lots but don't forget to check the neighborhood houses for gardens- That could be a fun twist. ;)
  • Options
    FryeGuy24FryeGuy24 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited March 2014
    Most towns also have at least one or two houses with gardens in the back. Your sim can visit the house and go out back to harvest the garden, and they won't get accused of behaving inappropriately.

I played some homeless sims in Twinbrook, as part of a personal challenge with my own rules. They got by just fine with the community garden, the Greenwood family's garden, and the Baker family's garden. But I started my personal challenge 4 days before winter, so they weren't able to rely on the wild plants for long...