Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CYS - not working properly?

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if it's just me or if other have this problem.
Whenever I check out sets that I do not fully own it says that I own a certain number of the items. For example it says that I own 2 items out of 10, with different sets I'm pretty sure I own a lot more of the set but it doesn't show it properly. And so the price for the set isn't accurate.
So far it happened with:
- Futureshock Bedroom
- Waning Moon
- Frontier Finds
- Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set
edit also the
- Fortune's Folly Compilation (I definitely own Drifter's Desire)

Might be more I didn't check every set and compilation

I just hope this doesn't affect the goodie boxes or if the goodie boxes cause this. I just noticed when I got myself some goodie boxes and I didn't get any duplicates but I was hoping that it worked towards the CYS for some sets. So it's kinda disappointing to see that the CYS did take the goodie box items into the process but not the items I already owned....
I would love to see this get fixed

Edit:
It definitely affects Make Me An Offer, I just got 2 out of 3 items offered that I already own.... Every single time that is... So I'm holding off from buying more goodie boxes till it gets fixed.
Would be weird that this is caused by my recent purchase of goodie boxes, right? Everything seemed to have worked fine before, and I like those goodie boxes.. such a shame!

Comments

• Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited February 2014
    I didn't have that happen with MMAO, but I don't own that much of the store. However, I definitely noticed that CYS appears to be gone. Oy vey, EA. :roll:
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited February 2014
    Okido - I had that problem with one of my sets. I owned the set but the CYS feature didn't show me owning all of it and I accidentally bought an item I already owned. Customer service refunded my sim points but couldn't fix the issue. But it does make me wary of buying goodie boxes. I hope you got great goodies in yours!

Tamalinn - the CYS feature is still there. It just available on all of the sets.
  • Options
    okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited February 2014
    AudreyFld wrote:
    Okido - I had that problem with one of my sets. I owned the set but the CYS feature didn't show me owning all of it and I accidentally bought an item I already owned. Customer service refunded my sim points but couldn't fix the issue. But it does make me wary of buying goodie boxes. I hope you got great goodies in yours!

Tamalinn - the CYS feature is still there. It just available on all of the sets.

It's pretty annoying, I didn't get any duplicates in my goodie boxes (bought the 4 for 3). So that's why I was wondering if that set it to doing strange things :S
    Make me an offer and CYS worked fine before at least what I can remember. But no more goodie boxes for me :S

I'm also sure that I would definitely be getting the rest of some sets for free if CYS worked properly.
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited February 2014
    Sometimes, it doesn't kick in right away to show that you own this item or that set. It happens to me occasionally especially if I'm gifted the item. I can download it, but on the set page and what not, it won't show as owned. It usually fixes it for me if I log out, clear caches, and log back in.
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited February 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    I already posted this in the other thread about the CYS.....

I couldn't buy any goodie boxes, kept saying I already owned too much content and "thanks for being such a good customer." I finally got it to let me buy some and I got items I already owned!

THEN....I went to check my wishlist after reading that the goodie box is somehow breaking the CYS and it is true.

Just yesterday, I was looking at the Beach Bummin' Set and considering buying it. Since I already own most of the hair, it was at a huge discount. It was no longer discounted. However, some of the other sets are still discounted. So the problem isn't across the board, it is with just some of the sets.

That's really weird because I just bought so many boxes, but CYS was not broken for any sets. Have you maybe tried clearing your caches and/or using a different browser? I don't know what you use, but I'm currently using Firefox and have had no problems with CYS with the Goodie Boxes.
  • Options
    okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited February 2014
    Sometimes, it doesn't kick in right away to show that you own this item or that set. It happens to me occasionally especially if I'm gifted the item. I can download it, but on the set page and what not, it won't show as owned. It usually fixes it for me if I log out, clear caches, and log back in.

It was kinda weird though since the items I just bought actually showed up as owned immediately. Just not stuff that I gotten before. I will try this though because it seems that my phone doesn't get this problem with the store.
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited February 2014
    AudreyFld wrote:

If by "available on all of the sets" you mean that for awhile there it was available for none of the sets, then, yes I agree with you.