Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Singles Awareness Day ~ Closed ~ Winners Gifted

Welcome to the Foundation for Singles Awareness. We have one day a year to make our existence known, so please join us in celebrating Singles Awareness day on February 14th!

Please help us get the word out about this amazing group of people who are seemingly ignored every other day of the year. Tell your friends, tell your neighbors, tell your neighbor's friends that Singles are awesome. You want to do more to spread the word? I'm so glad you volunteered!

We need Single Sims with strong personalities to apply as our new spokesperson. Can you help us find him or her?

This is a CaS competition.

Your mission: Create a single Sim (male or female, any lifestate is fine), then upload it to your studio and present their info here for our talent scouts to set up an interview. Please do not nominate any Sims with CC. Custom content awareness has a whole month and it frankly steals our thunder too often.
We accept Sims regardless of heritage, so all EPs, SPs, and Store content is permitted. Please also forward a portfolio with at least 5 pictures as some of the talent scouts will be unavailble to participate in the interviews but will still have a vote in the final selection.

Some things to consider:

Everyone is beautiful, no matter their shape, size, or color. Sometimes they do have questionable fashion sense though... So please present a variety of features, not just what is popular in the media.

Also, in your Sim's Bio, it may help to think about what makes them special. It's probably not because they're dreaming of that someday when that special someone will walk by them someplace and WHAM! they'll fall in love. People are unique of their own accord. What makes this one so amazing?

The Panel of Judges

SeriphinaFyie
smashbridges20
lionesskitty09

Additional judges are welcome, please advise the panel if you wish to apply.

Submissions are due by 11pm EST on February 14th

I realize this is a very fast deadline for entries. The contest is to create a Sim, not a house or a household.

Prizes:
Yes, you can use winnings to gift items on other wishlists, but the prizes are virtual items, not virtual currency. You do not actually get "SimPoints" but you do get the value in items from the Store.

1st place: 500 SP in items from wishlist

2nd place: 250 SP in items from wishlist

3rd place: 150 SP in items from wishlist

Additional Sponsors are welcome but not required.

Entry Form:
Your Name:
Sim's Name:
Traits:
Favorites:
Bio:
Photos:
Download Link:
Additional Photos Link: (Optional)

Comments

• Options
    SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited February 2014
    The rules:
    Sorry but there are a few rules. They bring order to chaos.

1. No CC (Custom Content). We don't have enough vaccines to handle the problems that come from CC.

2. Sim must be brand new. Upload date must be 2/11/14 - 2/14/14

3. Sim must be your own creation. Taking credit for the work of others is like taking someone else's cookie. It's not right. Even little kids know it.

4. All Expansion Packs, Stuff Packs, and Store Content is permitted.

5. No CaP (Create a Pattern) patterns. Store patterns are fine, but CaP is not allowed. Using the in game recolor tool is not CaP. CaP is a separate download. You'll know if you used it.

6. "Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind" -Henry James

7. No more than 5 pictures may be used in your entry post. If you wish to share additional photos, please set up a link at the end of your entry form to a place that is not this thread that has the additional photos.

8. Entries must be uploaded to the Exchange only. No mediafire, no blog link, no carrier pigeon with a USB drive.

9. You may enter up to three times.

10. Sim must be Young Adult or older.

11. Photots are allowed. (Use of Pose Player, in-game movie maker cheats, and hideheadlineeffects on are all permitted for your entry photos.)

Additional rules may be added at the discretion of the host.

Judging Criteria

Originality = 20 points
    Used entry form properly= 10 points
    Overall Impression = 10 points
    Clothing per category = 10 points (excluding outdoors for entries without Seasons)
    Photos = 20 points
    Bio = 15 points

Total Possible = 125 points
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    And the Winners Are:

1. lydiad206

2. Ashleykaymay ~ Gifted

3. Sunsetsorbet ~ Gifted

Congratulations!

All of the entries were very close and I had to bring in a 4th secret judge to break some ties! Wonderful work everyone!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    FAQs

Q: Can I submit my entry using a Pack Mule?
    A: No. They smell horrid. If you can train an aardvark, I'll accept that as a means of delivery.
  • Options
    smashbridges20smashbridges20 Posts: 7,397 Member
    edited February 2014
    *gets seat in front row ready with clipboard and wheatgrass shake*
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited February 2014
    I hope I will have a chance to enter, if not I will be sure to lurking/rec'ing for sure.
  • Options
    CSIMSIECSIMSIE Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'll be hiding in the shadows! I have finals week and would love to enter but i don't think i have the time. But if i come up with time i'll enter!
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm about to jot down the details of this, so that I can make a sim for you tonight :D
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I have one question :) I didn't see anything in the rules about it, but wanted to check.

When it comes to taking photos, are we allowed to use Pose Player, movie maker cheats, and that one that makes the plumbob go away? :)

edited because 'photots' is not a word :wink:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I have one question :) I didn't see anything in the rules about it, but wanted to check.

When it comes to taking photos, are we allowed to use Pose Player, movie maker cheats, and that one that makes the plumbob go away? :)

Photots should be a word.

Photots-v.- use of pose player and all in game cheats to cause a sim to appear to the greatest advantage in photos.

Photots is permitted.

*edited because Photots is a word now.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Photots should be a word.

Photots-v.- use of pose player and all in game cheats to cause a sim to appear to the greatest advantage in photos.

Photots is permitted.

*edited because Photots is a word now.

Excellent! Thank you :)

Also, I am happy to hear that 'photots' is now a word, because that extra t always manages to sneak in. It's meant to be :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    It's my favorite new word! I'm going to make it a thing. From now on, photots will be used in the rules for everything I host. Bonus, it's fun to say!

*Edit to add: My phone now recognizes Photots as a real word. Yay!
  • Options
    mcsnjbmcsnjb Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm not a CAS person, but I'm never going to get better if I don't practice am I. Count me in.

I might even brave pose player, I have no idea how to use it, but it seems like fun. :)

Lots of love and hugs. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    mcsnjb wrote:
    I'm not a CAS person, but I'm never going to get better if I don't practice am I. Count me in.

I might even brave pose player, I have no idea how to use it, but it seems like fun. :)

It's really easy to use. You place the item on the lot, then you can click your sim to select a pose. Don't forget to get some pose packs though!

Using moveobjects on is useful also because you can alter where the sim is standing while posed in case you want to make them closer to a wall or near a light source, or they just won't stand facing where you told them.
  • Options
    mcsnjbmcsnjb Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited February 2014
    Do I get the pose player packs from the link you gave me too?

• Options
    edited February 2014
    mcsnjb wrote:

There are several pose packs there as well, yes. Obviously some creators are more talented than others...

Greencats had an awesome list of posepacks a while back. I wish I'd saved that post...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    mcsnjb wrote:

There are several pose packs there as well, yes. Obviously some creators are more talented than others...

Greencats had an awesome list of posepacks a while back. I wish I'd saved that post...

I know, Greencats is really the go-to person for making sims look wonderful in screenshots. She posted what color she changes the lighting too a while back and I wrote it down but lost it. I wish I had bookmarked it.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Jessabeans wrote:
    mcsnjb wrote:

I know, Greencats is really the go-to person for making sims look wonderful in screenshots. She posted what color she changes the lighting too a while back and I wrote it down but lost it. I wish I had bookmarked it.

I can't find it. I know it was around the time of the plus sized modeling comp... Will keep searching tonight if I can.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Oh I didn't think of it being in her modeling contest, I'll check there. I couldn't remember if it was in her build contest or what. I had been looking for it but had no luck, I know it's an off-hand post sort of deep in a thread.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Jessabeans wrote:
    Oh I didn't think of it being in her modeling contest, I'll check there. I couldn't remember if it was in her build contest or what. I had been looking for it but had no luck, I know it's an off-hand post sort of deep in a thread.

It had to be just before or right around that contest, because that's when the modeling changed in my studio.
  • Options
    CSIMSIECSIMSIE Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited February 2014
    Well, if i enter, i don't think i'm going to use pose player for my photots. It's just that i think my sims are sims and not role models...

But it would not matter if my photots were not made with pose player, right?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    CSIMSIE wrote:
    Well, if i enter, i don't think i'm going to use pose player for my photots. It's just that i think my sims are sims and not role models...

But it would not matter if my photots were not made with pose player, right?

Regular in game animations and pictures are wonderful! Often I actually think they're better than pose player. moviemakercheatsenabled true is an awesome tool for people who don't use mods.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Jessabeans wrote:

It had to be just before or right around that contest, because that's when the modeling changed in my studio.

Tenacity is a virtue.

Here's where she talked about pose player and photos.
  • Options
    ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'll fill out the entry later tonight, if not tomorrow.

Too tired from entering other contests...