Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What I'm looking for, for the Sims 4

Like quite a few people on here, I was hoping for the sims 4 to be realistic (in the way of graphics) And at first I was pretty disappointed by what ea was showing us. The reason I wanted realistic graphics is because I tend to create stories and pictures rather than actually playing the game.

Recently I decided to play Sims 2. It was honestly the most fun I had ever had playing sims. I easily fell in love with the sims I created and there was so much I could do (mind you I did have most, if not all the expansion packs installed) The one thing that really stopped me from playing sims 2 though was the lack of story progression. I'm also pretty fond of the open world in the sims 3.

Anyway more on topic, I'm really wanting sims 4 to be sort of a revamp of sims 2. I still have sims 3 to film with and take pictures. So the cartoony graphics don't bother me very much. I really would like the sims 4 to have the quirkiness sims 2 had. and I hope they keep the story progression. Also for the open world, I wouldn't mind having sub hoods like some people were suggesting.

And NO MORE RABBIT HOLES! I read this in the forums a while back and I don't remember who posted it (sorry) but they mentioned having most of the building open and then a small rabbit hole inside it, for example the hospital, your sims can run around inside it but when your sim is pregnant they will go into the hospital and then a small room (where you can't follow them) and they will have their baby there.

I want sims 4 to be a game I could play for hours on end and not get bored. I'm hoping for some really amazing game play that focuses more on the family aspects with more interactions for and between all ages (especially toddlers and children)The expansion packs also need to be more connected with each other.

These are just some of my thoughts, I'd love to hear everyone elses :)

Comments

• Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited February 2014
    tumblr_inline_mz5s3i5fTa1sps55i.gif
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited February 2014
    V12 and I always seem to agree!

Yes, I agree with this thread in some respects, and I play ts2 more than 3, but no I hate story progression, and I am ambivalent toward the open world.

So, therefore, I could easily go back to the closed lot to lot style of ts2 and the original game, or some kind of combination of a partially open world, but most game play would take place on a single lot, or some kind of similar mixed up mess of that idea.

Hate how utterly boring t3 community lots are, hate how hardly any neighborhood sims show up, hate how t3 sims are like robots; There are some really fun things in 3, but if the sims themselves don't impress, what's the point?
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    edited February 2014
    Ninja1478 wrote:
    Like quite a few people on here, I was hoping for the sims 4 to be realistic (in the way of graphics) And at first I was pretty disappointed by what ea was showing us. The reason I wanted realistic graphics is because I tend to create stories and pictures rather than actually playing the game.

Recently I decided to play Sims 2. It was honestly the most fun I had ever had playing sims. I easily fell in love with the sims I created and there was so much I could do (mind you I did have most, if not all the expansion packs installed) The one thing that really stopped me from playing sims 2 though was the lack of story progression. I'm also pretty fond of the open world in the sims 3.

Anyway more on topic, I'm really wanting sims 4 to be sort of a revamp of sims 2. I still have sims 3 to film with and take pictures. So the cartoony graphics don't bother me very much. I really would like the sims 4 to have the quirkiness sims 2 had. and I hope they keep the story progression. Also for the open world, I wouldn't mind having sub hoods like some people were suggesting.

And NO MORE RABBIT HOLES! I read this in the forums a while back and I don't remember who posted it (sorry) but they mentioned having most of the building open and then a small rabbit hole inside it, for example the hospital, your sims can run around inside it but when your sim is pregnant they will go into the hospital and then a small room (where you can't follow them) and they will have their baby there.

I want sims 4 to be a game I could play for hours on end and not get bored. I'm hoping for some really amazing game play that focuses more on the family aspects with more interactions for and between all ages (especially toddlers and children)The expansion packs also need to be more connected with each other.

These are just some of my thoughts, I'd love to hear everyone elses :)

Anything like The Sims 2 would be a defo win to me!! Glad most of the people who made sims 1 and sims 2 are coming back to help with this game!! :D
  • Options
    artgirl220artgirl220 Posts: 9
    edited February 2014
    I play the sims for both the game itself and CAS(also building houses), but there are three main things I'm worried about, and may prevent me from getting the game.
    1. The hair. When I watched the CAS intro from GAMECON I noticed she picked the hair color simply, no customizing like the sims 3 has. Maybe she didn't want to go through that, but it doesn't seem like there is custom hair colors and clothes like there were before. (which was the main idea of sims 3)
    2. Makeup. Is there makeup in the Sims 4 still? From the Sims 4 CAS walkthroughs and trailers, I have not seen anything about makeup, nobody has mentioned it either. Normally I would assume that there is, but this is a big game with a lot of graphical changes so they may have removed it in order to focus on the mood and feelings part of the game. (Which is an amazing addition, I must say :) )
    3. Seperate Outfits. Are there going to be sleepwear, formalwear, and so on. This should be a given, but also I'm trying to be very cautious and thorough before I buy this game, due to the fondness I have for the Sims 3.
    I love the concept for the Sims 4, and I'm highly considering buying it, but sadly if I were to buy it and its expansions I would be required to sell my Sims 3 games, so if anyone knows for sure about my main worries, that would be great! Thanks, and Happy Simming!:D
  • Options
    artgirl220artgirl220 Posts: 9
    edited February 2014
    For those of you, like me, who want to see more about the sims 4 CAS than just what was a GameCon, use this youtube link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZpXsXMm5Rw
    It answered my question about the customization of outfits and hair. You can, but not as much as you could in Sims 3, no longer are there patterns but rather a few palettes with set colors you chose from (you hover? to activate it(forgive me if I'm wrong on that) and it gives you a choice of 1-possibly 8? colors, it varies for each piece of clothing)
    If you want to know what I mean by that, click the link!