Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how to play sims 3 without origin

just as the title said, i want to know how i can play sims 3 without opening/log in origin, i dont care if it require mod, hack, crack, or whatever.

the reason why i want to know is because i caught EA trying to steal $40 from my bank and because of that, i don't trust origin anymore and i prefer to play sims 3 without having go through origin at all

edit: forgot to add that if there already an topic on this, please provide link

Comments

• Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited February 2014
    You need to have all disc versions and the base game has to older then September 2012 (EA changed the way TS3 starts). I have all disc and I have Origin installed but not running and the game works just fine. There is an off line mode in Origin.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    AshenWinterWolfAshenWinterWolf Posts: 34 New Member
    edited February 2014
    i brought digital version. and i don't want to hear about offline mode, i stated that i want to play sims 3 without having to go through origin at all
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited February 2014
    You're clearly angry and won't want to hear the truth (especially if you purchased DDs through Origin already): TS3 & Origin are now attached. Plain & simple.
    If you want to continue being angry, please remember that EA doesn't live here. Very rarely does an EA employee respond here. The vast majority of people here are other Simmers, many just as frustrated as you for one reason or another.

I recommend you attempt to contact the company itself:
    EA Cust. Serv. - 1-650-628-1001 from 7:00am-7:00pm PST, Monday-Saturday
    or
    866-543-5435 (At last report, this number now only supplies a recording recommending we contact ea online.)
    customerexperience@ea.com
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    it was possible in the past, so it should still be possible in a way.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Steam has many of the same problems that Origin has. I feel EA will even make future games more dependent on Origin. I feel as more and more vendors figure out how to use the cloud that will also be used. I have found dealing with EA customer support not that bad. All problems were resolved in a timely manner. Tombraider 2013 and Bioshock Infinite were Steam games. If you don't want drm in your games then I suggest you help fight software piracy. With the cost to produce computer games today, distributors are going to protect their products with drm and I don't see drm going away anytime soon. If your looking for drm free games I suggest you get a Linux system.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    how can i contact EA (not with phone)

edit:removed some stuff
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    You can contact EA customer support at EA Customer support You have to click a few pages and you get to live chat. I recommend first thing in the morning as wait time is a little long at the moment. During certain hours your can choose call back. The call back actually works pretty good. I would think you need to try to resolve your problem before litigation and I'm guessing EA has some lawyers on their payroll. Most major corporations would rather settle small disputes rather then go to court. I suggest being nice as this goes a long way. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    thanks you. hopefully it'll be resolved without any lawsuit since i dont have time.

feel free to close/lock/delete this thread i guess