Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opportunities not working since moving to new neighbourhood.

I moved my sim family from Twinbrook to Montevista using the ingame moving neighbourhoods facility. I now find that opportunities which involve the sim going to a place such as the restaurant or research facilites don't work. The message comes up "take 10 steaks to ? to get etc etc" and the name of the restaurant shows as a question mark. As soon as the opportunity is accepted a second message comes up to state that the opportunity is no longer available because one of the targets isn't available.

I think my game thinks my sims are still in Twinbrook and hasn't worked out they are now in Montevista. Is this a known issue when using the move facility?

Comments

• Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited February 2014
    I think what is happening is that the facility required to complete the opportunity has a different name in Monte Vista than it has elsewhere. So, let's say the opportunity is to bring the food to the XYZ Restaurant, but the XYZ Restaurant doesn't exist in Monte Vista. The restaurant in Monte Vista is the LMNOP Restaurant. Thus the opportunity can't be completed. I don't know how to work around this. Maybe someone else will.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.