Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a glitch?

My game can be really glitchy, so I am not 100% sure if this is a glitch or not. I have a Sim, (in Sunset Valley) her LTW is to be a Gold Digger. I had her and Nick Alto fall in love, she convinced him to break up with Vita and they got married. They had two kids and he died. She didn't get her LTW fulfilled (see rich spouses ghost) and know Nick is a ghost in the house and it says they are engaged. I have the option to break them up. He isn't living in the house, he just appeared after his funeral. I don't usually play Gold Digger LTW's so I am not sure how to make it happen. I don't use CC or mods of any kind. When I last played and he died, I did have testingcheatsenabled on, don't know if that is what is causing my problem. She also has the faithful moodlet even though she was having an affair with Geoffrey Landgrabb when Nick Alto died.
Origin ID: SimHead82

Comments

• Options
    MissCeeMissCee Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi Simhead82, I'm currently playing LTW gold-digger as well; she marries Elders, flips their property, and marries again.

Check spouse's life span to see how many days are left before the Reaper might come calling re a natural death. Accidental death is always possible at any age.

If your Sim spouse is close to max on age, she needs to group with him so they always go everywhere together. I had both my sims req unpaid time off. To pay the bills they went gathering wildflowers, gems, and meteors together, dumpster diving, etc. Never keep them apart for long if the clock is ticking and she'll always be near to see his ghost and the Reaper arrive.

Hope this helps.

It's not whether the spouse dies first, but that she has to actually witness the moment transition and also the Grim Reaper coming to harvest him.

That's how she accomplishes her LTW, being there at his demise.

<3Blessings,
    MissCee