Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Artsy Sims Lottery! Closed! All winners gifted!

dffd0f0b-5527-4659-9300-27c38e651e96_zpseb4df44c.jpg

Welcome to the Artsy Sims Lottery!

I know, I know. Even though this lottery is suppose to be creative, the name isn't that great. I'm terrible at thinking up good names.

It has been a while since I hosted my first lottery. I'm just very excited about the new venue, and it definitely seems that a lot of other people are really excited about it as well. I've been in the position before where I really wanted something but was not able to afford it at the time. I figured I would give one lucky person who really wants it the chance the get the venue for themselves!

Hold on one second though! This isn't just a "Throw your name in the hat and you're in!" kind of lottery. You have to show me your artsy sims! Follow the simple rules below, and you will have the opportunity to win the venue for yourself!

Attention to all users who have entered or will be entering

As the deadline of the lottery approaches, it is very important to double check to make sure that your name is correctly listed in the entries post on the first page! Even if I comment and acknowledge your entry, double check! It is very important that your name is on that list if you want a chance for the venue as that is the list I'll be going by.

SURPRISE UPDATE ABOUT PRIZES!

My goal was to get at least 50 people for this lottery. We are currently over 50, and I haven't added all the new people yet. Due to the response and my goal being met, I have decided to update the prizes.

A Second person will have the opportunity to win the venue! : D
That's right. Two people can now win first place!

Comments

• Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited February 2014

Rules!

1. This is a self nomination only lottery!

2. You must show me at least two pictures of your artsy sim(s)! One picture of your sim working on something art related, and one picture of the finished product. The only exception is when you choose anything music related. I still need two different pictures though. I.E. Maybe choose two different instruments, or if you choose singing, show them singing at different venues. Or if you choose a band, maybe a picture of them practicing and then performing in front of an audience. As long as they are different!

List of artsy things to do:
    Painting
    Sketching (Using the sketch pad from Uni)
    Photography
    Inventing
    Sculpting
    Anything music related (Playing any of the instruments, singing, playing Laser Rhythen-a-con from Into the Future )
    Bot Making
    Street Art (Thanks sunsetsorbet!)
    I'm 99% sure I covered everything. Please let me know if I missed anything or if you have a question as to whether something qualifies.

(This next part is not required but please consider it:
    To keep things creative, why not make your sim and their surroundings creative as well? Maybe build a small studio for them to work in? Remember that this is not a contest, so it doesn't have to be anything big. Just a small place for your sim to work to keep the creativity flowing.)

3. The maximum number of pictures you can post per Sim is FOUR. Please do not post more than that.

4. You may enter more Sims (currently there is no limit), but keep in mind that your name will only be entered ONCE.

5. Please do not quote pictures.

6. Once the venue is released, add the venue to your wishlist. This will help ensure that it gets sent to the right person.

7. Be nice to each other!

8. Have fun!

Deadline!

Currently the deadline is February 8th. The deadline may be extended though.

Prizes!

Even if you don't win the venue, there might still be a chance for you to recieve a prize!

First Place: The Prism Art Studio
    (First place has been updated so now TWO people can win first place!)
    Second Place: 500 Simpoints worth of items from your wishlist
    Third Place: 250 simpoints worth of items from your wishlist

Prizes might be added, but they will not be reduced.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Questions & Answers

As questions are asked, they will be added here and answered.

Q: Why can't I nominate someone else?
    A: The reason I'm not allowing nominations of other people other than yourself is because I want to ensure that it really goes to someone who will use and love it! And who knows what you want better than yourself! Feel free to advertise to your friends though, and they will be able to nominate themselves!

Q: If we win the Simpoints prize, are we allowed to share that?
    A: I have no problem with you sharing the Simpoints prize. You're just not allowed to give the venue to someone else. The venue is all for yourself if you win!

Q: Is this just a lottery like the title says, or are you judging the pictures?
    A: This is not a contest in any way! The pictures are there to be fun and add an appropriate theme for the new venue!
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Winners!

First Place!

BrusterBrown
    and
    Erja888

Second Place!

Ablueidgirl2

Third Place!

Simsikeiko
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Attention to all users who have entered or will be entering

As the deadline of the lottery approaches, it is very important to double check to make sure that your name is correctly listed in the entries post on the first page! Even if I comment and acknowledge your entry, double check! It is very important that your name is on that list if you want a chance for the venue as that is the list I'll be going by.

I would also like to add:
    Due to the recent number of people who haven withdrawn due to already being gifted as well as the number of people that are still entering, updates to the list will NOT be immediate. Please be as considerate and as patient as possible with me one this one. The contest ends on the 8th, but due to real life and the updates to the list, I will not be able to draw until the 9th. If your name is not on the list by time the 9th rolls around, that is the time to let me know if your name is not on the list!

Thank you!

Entries!

60smusicluvr
    Ablueidgirl2
    Aerlinniel
    agstah
    AmbaAesthetic
    Angel_D0109
    annasommer
    AnnitaEatsYa
    AshleyKayMay
    BekahSue
    Blondie019
    Brighty
    BrusterBrown
    Carmen0908
    CaySedaiSim
    Charichan
    CravenLestat
    Daelia
    DivaofDarkness
    duyguugudur
    emilzydiva
    Erja888
    GreenCats
    illusie
    jerrinicci
    Katieeee
    Kc71886
    Kementari
    KleineMuff
    Krisha880
    ladysilver814
    Laramoonlily
    lboken
    leep45508
    LoreleyLee
    Lydiad206
    Majestyk
    misteygirl
    MizoreYukii
    mjdrgnpt
    monday_34
    mosneakers
    MusicalPoet
    Nh6650
    okester
    RacerPQR
    ritaroxy12
    samiam662
    Sami-Katt
    saschatilo
    Sheldonly
    SimSassybree
    Simsikeiko
    SmilzPretty
    sueellen422
    Superpur
    TEXASKITTYKAT
    TheKrazy_KimSim
    Thelessy
    TnT_Terry
    Tojax
    winifred04
    wittanthony1

• Options
    edited January 2014

Just in case!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Now open! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BrightyBrighty Posts: 6,453 Member
    edited January 2014
    This lottery looks fabulous! I love artsy Sims, and the new venue greatly appeals to my creative side.

I'll definitely be entering! Thank you for hosting! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Brighty wrote:
    This lottery looks fabulous! I love artsy Sims, and the new venue greatly appeals to my creative side.

I'll definitely be entering! Thank you for hosting! :mrgreen:

Awesome possum!

It is absolutely my pleasure to hold this lottery! : D

Can't wait to see the entry!
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited January 2014
    this is the total best!

tumblr_m4nkv8tI1A1r8na6t.gif

but why purple no nominations :(
    Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif
  • Options
    JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited January 2014
    What a fantastic idea! And youre so generous, Purple. Everyone seems to be SO excited about this venue, including me. Ill definitely be entering, but I wouldnt mind being able to nominate someone as well.
  • Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited January 2014

Cool; I wouldn't mind trying. :lol:

• Options
    Mhamilton0911Mhamilton0911 Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited January 2014
    MY OFFICIAL ENTRY! Thanks Purple for hosting this! Good luck to everyone!!

This is Kara, my super artsy sim. With traits like Artistic, Virtuoso and Savvy Sculptor, its no surprise that she's a descendant of Da Vinci.
    12238433074_26fea35cf3_b.jpg

Although Kara is good at everything artistic, she really enjoys sculpting outdoors.
    12238202923_c13cb420a2_b.jpg

This is a completed statue of a pet kitty she had as a child... She's really proud of this one!
    12238018175_8754c8885c_b.jpg

And after countless illegal 'spray paintings' of public buildings and more arrests than i'd like to mention, she finally scored a hot cop to take home and use as a personal model.
    12238970456_7e7785e0bc_b.jpg

And after her model fearlessly posed for hours, nude, this is the sketch she comes up with.... was she even paying attention to her model??
    12238808684_dd7c5c3577_b.jpg

It's ok... he seems pleased with the result!
    12239122936_dab90713f1_b.jpg
  • Options
    ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for hosting this lotto!
    I love creative sims, I play a lot of artistic types.

Here is Emily, there is her painting on her balcony and a pic of her with one of her creations in the background (the painting of the fairy girl behind her is one she made)
    Screenshot-1311.jpg
    Screenshot-1326.jpg
    She also loves to sculpt
    Screenshot-1348.jpg
  • Options
    AshleykaymayAshleykaymay Posts: 1,524 Member
    edited January 2014
    Eee! Fabulous! I'm taking a break from building/creating for a few days and this is a great idea to work with. I've had a sim put aside to try a singing career with.

Thanks for the super generous lottery. This is going to be such a great set!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    @Thelessy

Thank you for the entry! I'll be adding your name to the entrants post!

@Ceejay

Lol @ the gifs!
    The reason I don't want to do nominations is because this is a venue, a not-so-cheap item. I want to ensure that the person it is going to is someone who really wants it. But feel free to advertise to anyone and they can come nominate themselves! :mrgreen:

@Everyone else

Can't wait to see the entries!
  • Options
    mrlabeanmrlabean Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited January 2014
    I am so excited! Thank you for being so generous! I will defiantly be entering and I'm telling friends too! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    mrlabean wrote:
    I am so excited! Thank you for being so generous! I will defiantly be entering and I'm telling friends too! :D

Yes! Please do! Can't wait to see the entry!
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited January 2014
    o2QIg.gif

you make good points, plus it is your contest :)

can i just post some artsy stuff :)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Lol! Sure. But you don't want to nominate yourself? : (
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited January 2014
    Oooh! :shock: Yay! That venue looks so amazing! (It's inspired me to watch torch work/lamp work bead videos on YouTube all day.)

The only skill I can think that you might want to add to your list is "street art."
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited January 2014
    YEY!!! An opportunity :mrgreen: Thanks for hosting this, sweetie! Pretty sure that I'm not winning here (I'm terrible at lotteries), but finally I can share some pictures of my current Sim :mrgreen:

My Sim looking for some scrap.

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-CCPz1ShwnEw/UusuYzTx6TI/AAAAAAAABGQ/MV5f-GN9T7g/w1044-h590-no/Screenshot-5.jpg "width=600"[/img]

My Sim working on one of the biggest inventions around the town of Twinbrook.

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ydLZeOnEeto/UusuY8MmFwI/AAAAAAAABGI/8IjHj5v004s/w1044-h590-no/Screenshot-4.jpg "width=600"[/img]

My Sim used the machine and returned from the past.

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-k2fFht4gekc/UusuY77OOeI/AAAAAAAABGM/BUlxTFveLD8/w1044-h590-no/Screenshot-28.jpg "width=600"[/img]
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    @sunsetsorbet

Ah! Yes! It does seem I have missed that one. Thanks!

@pegasas1993

Awesome! Loving the attire in the last pic, especially the hair! Name added to the list!
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited January 2014
    What a cool lottery purple_roses2110 :thumbup: I would love to enter... I am off to put my arty sim to work so I can snap some screenshots! :wink:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    CSIMSIECSIMSIE Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited January 2014
    Oh! This is really generous! Thank you for giving someone the new venue! I'll enter, but i have to take pictures later. So don't add me or anything :D
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited January 2014

Luka Cross, a descendant of da Vinci, in his art studio commencing a one-of-a-kind visual wonder...

screenshot_original.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhh, another masterpiece :)

screenshot_original.jpg

Luka again here searching the local junkyard for scrap to turn into treasure.

screenshot_original.jpg

He aims to invent something big and life changing...

screenshot_original.jpg

A Time Machine! He returns from an extraordinary journey into the future :)

screenshot_original.jpg

rnKEhBT.png