Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the point of sim stories?

LulielouisaLulielouisa Posts: 65 New Member
I've noticed a lot of people writing stories about their sims and I've been wondering what the purpose of it is. Is it just for fun? Is it just for sharing with other simmers? Does it somehow become part of the story progression in game?

I keep thinking that it must be more involved and complex than just sharing with other people, but I simply don't know and would love some answers to this.

Comments

• Options
    Cdwrds7Cdwrds7 Posts: 259 New Member
    edited July 2009
    For the creative and for entertainment. There are many talented people out there, that otherwise don't have a way to express themselves.

I wish I could write stories, but unfortunately I wasn't born with the creative gene. I have laughed, been shocked, and amazed at some of the stories people have written. And who knows, maybe there is another Danielle Steele or Stephen King in our forum :)
  • Options
    DaeneliaDaenelia Posts: 757 Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't think there is anything more mystical about it than it just being fun...

Is that not enough? :)
    Dae's Sims 4 Houses -see what I've been building.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thanks for the feedback girls. And yes, doing it just for fun is certainly enough. I just wasn't sure if that was all it was being used for. I'm playing the Legacy challenge and maybe I'll attempt a story of my own.
  • Options
    DaeneliaDaenelia Posts: 757 Member
    edited July 2009
    That would be fun. For your own amusement, it will definitely add a layer of depth to game play, because you will come up with proper characters for your sims. Suddenly their actions make more sense, if told in a story.

I'd recommend taking screenshots of important events at least, such as deaths, births, some birthdays... And then pick the things you want to follow for each sim: maybe one sim is artistic, so take plenty of pictures of them writing or painting, or getting inspired. Maybe a nature loving sim would be fun to take pictures of while being indoors and miserable, and happy while fishing.

Stuff like that :) Then the story writes itself.
    Dae's Sims 4 Houses -see what I've been building.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I think that is a good idea. I've been playing a few sims and I find that if I don't have some kind of goal for the sim, I get bored pretty quickly. I also find that once my sim has reached their goal, I move onto a new family.

I've just started the legacy challenge. I only have the founder so far and I already have a few challenges and scenarios for her. It should be fun to come up with a story as new characters are introduced. Because it is such a long challenge, boredom shouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    Scoob94PScoob94P Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If you play a legacy, there is a handicap called 'storyteller' where you get a point for having your sim write a novel and also for you writing a story about what happened in the legacy.
    Many simmers that play legacies, like myself, document them to share what's happening in the legacy with other people.
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited July 2009
    I do it for my own amusement mostly :D It's nice to actually do something with the mountain of screenshots I take even if I'm the only one that reads it. I love that I can browse what other people are doing in their game.
  • Options
    speckypeckspeckypeck Posts: 220 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I've been writing a story for my legacy to try and be creative. Check it out here

http://legendary.sims3legacy.com/

Or click on my signature :)
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited July 2009
    speckypeck wrote:
    I've been writing a story for my legacy to try and be creative. Check it out here

http://legendary.sims3legacy.com/

Or click on my signature :)

That's really good! I've just read the whole thing from start to finish and bookmarked it.
  • Options
    d3tslnicquid3tslnicqui Posts: 76 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I like GOALS and strategy. Story doesn't do it for me.

But a lot of sims players just love writing/reading stories. Not my thing but I support it. :)
  • Options
    SimzluvverSimzluvver Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    LuilieLouisa the answer is... its just for fun. people do it just for a laugh. Your welcome... Simzluvver x :D :roll: :mrgreen: