Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To the store team...

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    hugzncuddleshugzncuddles Posts: 223 Member
    edited February 2014
    I played sims 1 and 2 without CASt, so I know what that's like. Spending hours hunting for recolors and never quite finding the right shade and in the meantime, and downloading twelve ton of garbage and hoping none of it would wreck my game. oops. Being able to apply a pattern to any object and then turn that into any shade on the spectrum was just so much fun and changed the look of the entire game completely. Sunshine yellow or blood-splattered rust, the choice is mine. Ah well, the subject of CASt is a dead horse everybody's already heard and so now we can only wait and see how much fun it is to play with objects in the exact same texture for years and years.

Yep I remember those days too, and had many many thousands of downloads (about 12Gb worth). Probably only used a fraction of those on a regular basis, but didn't stop me scouring the fansites for even more. When I think of all the hours spent obsessively hunting for stuff (and then playing the game with said items) it's embarrassing - it's time I should have spent on real life issues and loved ones instead. At least with the CASt in Sims 3 I can make exactly what I want/need in my game so it's more time efficient. As I only just joined Sims 3, I'm in no rush to buy Sims 4 or be a part of it.
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thank you so much, WR, for all the information. Glad to know they have enough sense to not pull down a website to save a few dollars. Like you, I find great pleasure in the user made worlds, and read CAW threads nearly daily.

I did figure that new content would stop. In fact I thought it would stop after Roaring Heights, but am pleased that more is coming. If only the venue due out Thursday did not excite me to a level where I saw so many new ways that the store could enhance the Artisan direction. But if it is a finale, it's a fine one.

At any rate, I am relieved to know that they did give notice in the past as to the site's status. I played and loved Sims 2, but was oblivious to online enhancement. Now with Sims 3, I've invested more money then I can afford, but with no regrets. I adore this game and it's my favorite way to spend time. I get lost in decorating a build and recoloring until it's just right. It's such a creative outlet besides very enjoyable.

As long as they leave up this site for a long time, as history seems to indicate will happen, I can accept that I have enough content to play for a long time, and ADORE the talents who are making worlds, builds and households that amaze me.

Of course access to reinstalling store content is a big plus. I have been saving my install files from the store in a folder, but still need a back up hard drive of some nature, as I have lost computers or at least their saved data without warning. And naturally the couple hundred GB of store stuff (that number may be including user made, I don't recall) will not simply burn on a disc or two. I'll sort this out, but am glad I'm not limited to a week or two to do so.

This is a very informative thread. We have to wait and see what is to come...if only I had the 'patience' trait... :)