Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cavalcade of Death

This is my second two-week term living in a fraternity house I built for my Sim, and his fifth two-week term on Campus (working on his second degree). This has never happened before but, starting the Sunday before classes began, we had a death in the frat house from starvation - Garrison Fort, Arch-Nerd, for all his vaunted cerebral rigor, could not figure out how to use a microwave, dorm fridge, snack machine, or kitchen - Lamma-Simma-Bi House has no shortage of food options.

We also have a butler to cook.

Coming back from class on Tuesday, I found two more frat bros dead on the common room floor. And while in the (excruciatingly slow) process of mourning, two MORE brothers died in the activity room downstairs. My Sim had literally just stopped mourning Garrison Fort's death. I am curious to see how far this chain reaction extends. New roomies are arriving to replace the old, gradually, but currently Lamma-Simma-Bi has thre vacancies.

Has anyone run into this situation before?

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited January 2014
    Also, I'll be uploading a cemetery for Sims University to the Exchange in a little bit, here. :(
  • Options
    muddypaws4167muddypaws4167 Posts: 2,108 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Theres no Tiberium around? Are they elders or young sims?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Most have been young adults.

I am not sure where to find Tiberium or what to do with it. I was surprised not to see a graveyard in the University town.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Also, looking at the tombstones - quite the collection of them - all have been deaths by starvation. I grilled a bunch of hamburgers and called the household to a meal, and others have been cooking and even eating,so we'll see. Thank goodness I always go for a full spa treatment immediately before I enroll. The buff lasts the whole first week.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited February 2014
    oh I forgot about that, thanks for the reminder. yes, there is some glitch where sometimes none of the dormies ever cook for themselves. Your sim has to cook for them, just leave plates of food out.

If you have the deep-fat fryer or ice-cream maker, leave that out as a well and see if they use it. Also the grill. Or buy a Bonehilda coffin and she will cook for the household.

• Options
    ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited February 2014
    I had this happen in a Coed Dorm. :? Four of my Sims' friends died within days of each other. Poor girl was BFFs with two of them and decided she wants to resurrect them so Ive kept the urns for the two she wants to bring back the other two I put out in the back part of the lot with flowers. My poor Sim she was in the red for almost 2 Sim weeks because of the deaths took ages to make her happy again... :shock: Then she decides on her own I might add to adopt a stray dog. So now we have a dog in our dorms...not sure what I can do with her when my Sims' time is up I know she cant go home with her...or can she? I hope she gets to keep the dog but if not... :(