Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roommates Joined Household and I Can't Get Rid of Them!

I have two Sims in University together, and they lived in a dorm. At some point in the game, one of them roommates showed up on the sidebar as being part of my household, but not controllable. By the time the term was up there were two! Both of the students went home with mine, but I can't control them. I thought if I sent them back to where they came from they would be "free," so I enrolled all four students back into U, but now I just have a new household of four roommates (still can't control the other two though). How can I get rid of these freeloaders??
forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr

Comments

• Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    edited January 2014
    I don't have the roommates services enabled.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    JotaSimsJotaSims Posts: 14
    edited February 2014
    Jes2G wrote:
    I have two Sims in University together, and they lived in a dorm. At some point in the game, one of them roommates showed up on the sidebar as being part of my household, but not controllable. By the time the term was up there were two! Both of the students went home with mine, but I can't control them. I thought if I sent them back to where they came from they would be "free," so I enrolled all four students back into U, but now I just have a new household of four roommates (still can't control the other two though). How can I get rid of these freeloaders??

I've never had this happen to me, but my advice is that, if you really don't want those additional sims in your household (I wouldn't! :roll: ), try using "testingcheatsenabled true" then shift-click on them to delete them. If you have any doubts about how to do this, I'll gladly take a screenshot for you.
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited February 2014
    Normally you should be able to talk to them and then have "Roommate" in your talk menu ...
    one (or even the only) point available should be "Dismiss"