Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adding GTX Titan to graphic.cards and graphic.rules files

I have a gaming PC with 2 GeForce Ttian cards. The game does not recognize them. I read another thread about what to put in the files to make the game recognize them but it doesn't say where to add them. I mean, exactly where do I put the added lines. At the moment in the Graphic cards file I have it under the 1080 but I do not know if this is correct. In the Graphic rules file I have added a line next to the GTX5 cards, but I don't know if this is the right place either. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2014
    I have a gaming PC with 2 GeForce Ttian cards. The game does not recognize them. I read another thread about what to put in the files to make the game recognize them but it doesn't say where to add them. I mean, exactly where do I put the added lines. At the moment in the Graphic cards file I have it under the 1080 but I do not know if this is correct. In the Graphic rules file I have added a line next to the GTX5 cards, but I don't know if this is the right place either. Can anyone help?

It is better to run one titan when playing Sims 3, SLi does not work too well.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 162 Member
    edited January 2014
    Goldmoldar wrote:

It is better to run one titan when playing Sims 3, SLi does not work too well.

That does not answer my question. I want to know the right place to add the lines, as, although the game now recognizes the cards it does not recognize how much memory I have. I have it optimized with GeForce experience so everything is on the highest setting possible, so do I need to worry about this?
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited January 2014
    hi kampffenhoff

if you are merely looking for the steps on how to get your card recognized see here
    http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Getting_new_graphics_cards_recognized_by_the_game

but i also agree with gold SLI is not recommended so after setting up the cards if you run into any issues do try disabling one

good luck
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 162 Member
    edited January 2014
    ceejay402 wrote:
    hi kampffenhoff

if you are merely looking for the steps on how to get your card recognized see here
    http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Getting_new_graphics_cards_recognized_by_the_game

but i also agree with gold SLI is not recommended so after setting up the cards if you run into any issues do try disabling one

good luck

I have done that and disabled SLi. The game recognizes the card and reports correctly except it still does not recognize how much memory I have and I have to run the game using Nvidia GeForce experience to optimize the game as left to itself it classes my Gpu as I which is ridiculous and it does not recognize texture memory at all.

I wondered if adding my card to a different position in the graphic rules and card files made a difference but I have moved the lines and it doesn't. How do you get it to recognize texture memory?I have had my dxdiag checked and it is evidently fine.