Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PLEASE HELP - Getting to Isla Paradiso

Ok, I'm not 100% sure if this question has crossed anyone's mind yet but it has mine right from the moment I started playing Island Paradise. I just got the EP and I was wondering how exactly I would get to Isla Paradiso from Sunset Valley.

I have a had a created family and have been playing with them in the game for sometime now living in a home I've taken countless hours to build and renovate. As with many Simmers here, I started in Sunset Valley and my Sims live there till today and no I wasn't keen on experimenting with other neighborhoods purely because they either are a lot smaller than Sunset Valley (barring DLC neighborhoods which I just am not willing to pay for unless they are exceptionally amazing. Feel free to leave recommendations and a short reason as to why you believe it is worth buying. For example, Derp town because it has lots of flat land space, highly developed....etc) or you can't build a grand estate because you are confined to residing in a high rise apartment which isn't terrible, I'd just rather have my own house.

I've never tried moving before and I quite like Sunset Valley because I've made quite a few additions to the town itself and really developed it although I have to say, the terrain is not ideal for placing community lots. They are accessible but they just look weird where a lot of them sit (not all) and don't nicely attach themselves to the road for good access (but hey, who needs road access in this game when you can build a multi-storey parking structure and cars magically appear on the road. That still irks me because you actually saw your Sims getting into/out of their cars and backing out/pulling into the driveway in the The Sims 2, hope they fix that in the Sims 4). And on a sidenote, how many of you miss the Helicopter carpool option you had reaching the highest level of the Business Career as opposed to the mediocre, not to mention hideous looking coupe that takes you to work now. I'd like to Power BREAK that car.

Anyway, in the fear of straying too far off course (which I suspect I may have done so already), is there any solution to my current problem which is me wanting to Travel to Isla Paradiso from Sunset Valley or is my only choice moving there to experience it? From what I can tell, that is where you need to be to experience 95% of what this EP has to offer. Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks so much.

P.S. Sorry for the super long post. You guys are awesome! :D

Comments

• Options
    TrueHeartRusherTrueHeartRusher Posts: 101 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Are you asking how to move from one town to another?
    If yes, jsut click your Sims' cell phone, and go to "Move..." then you will see "Withing this neighborhood" and "To a new town." You would click "To a new town" and then Isla Paradiso. But I will warn you now, Isla Paradiso has some SERIOUS lagging issues.
  • Options
    elvintp10elvintp10 Posts: 268 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hi TrueHeartRusher, sorry for the long post but thank you for replying =D. No my question is whether I can visit Isla Paradiso without moving their like visiting China, Egypt or France in World Adventures? (Derp, I should have just asked that without mentioning all the other details) I currently live in Sunset Valley and would like to continue residing there. =) And yes I have heard several other players complaining about it's lagging. This game is so flawed. I wish they had part of their team set aside devoted to fixing bugs. Release a patch a week or every two weeks. Ugh, anyway...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Oh and btw, I noticed that you have the World Adventures EP. If you are having Pangu's Ax issues, you should check out the thread I posted on the World Adventures forum. =)
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited January 2014
    No, you can't visit Isla Paradiso like you would China, since it is an actual world, not a vacation destination.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well isn't this wonderful. Thanks for helping me out floridameerkat. I figured since you had the ability to visit countries and even Time Travel into the future, you'd be given the option to to boat from your town to an Island. Thanks though, you've been a big help. =)